C Conor Geekie - Swift Current Broncos, WHL (2022, 11th, ARI; traded to TBL)

hockeykid87

Apr 7, 2008
Huge haul but I have no idea why SC did that. They are a mid-level team.
They've barely played with their full roster all season. Top scorer Mathew Ward has been out for months, he's expected back in the coming weeks. Their starting goaltender has been out for a while, he could be back this weekend. They just got Jakub Dvorak from Czechia.

Their core is their 2004 group of players, so this is the last year they're going to have them all together. It's always been the plan to make a big push in 23-24.

MrCreamm

Nov 16, 2023
How close is Geekie vs Savoie at this point? I haven't really watched much of either this year outside the WJC, both have top 6 potential, but I wonder if this season makes Geekie the one who starts to rise in prospect rankings.

hockeykid87

Apr 7, 2008

Kind of a head scratcher. Had a great year, yes, but only played 29 games in the Central Division. Should McKenna not have been the nominee for this?

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Interested to see if he's a 2C or 3C in the league. Guessing he starts in Syracuse but gets games this year with the Lightning, especially if the Bolts are extremely top heavy &/or deal with more injuries.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I’ve always said the sky is the limit for this player. He can be as good as he chooses. All of the “skating issues” are nonsense, in my opinion. He’s an amazing skater for his size when he decides to be. He can be as dominant as he feels like being. It all boils down to choices for Geekie. His motor is and always has been wildly inconsistent. His range of outcomes still includes 1st line center and 4th line winger. He could be Tage Thompson or he could be Logan Brown.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad