C Conor Geekie - Swift Current Broncos, WHL (2022, 11th, ARI; traded to TBL)

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Big power forward who has a very complete skill set already at a young age and was the recent 2nd pick in the WHL draft. Combines his skating, shot and IQ to be a dominant force who while is in the shadow of Savoie was a worthy 1st overall talent himself. Younger brother of Hurricanes prospect Morgan Geekie so hockey is in his bloodline. Similar talent and size as Dach entering the WHL but is much more of a shooter and imposes his size better at the same stage in their development. Will be a big piece along with Krebs, McClennon, Lambos and Savoie in bringing the recently relocated ICE back to the playoffs.

Conor Geekie at eliteprospects.com

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg

This kid should be in the top 10 at least. Might even win the WHL rookie of the year award, with 23 points in 24 games.

Connor Bedard is winning rookie of the year...

But I do agree he shows top-ten potential. I see him being a number one centre, questionable if he's franchise-esque though. But I think he'll be in the NHL for a long time if he stays healthy.

Reminds me of Auston Matthews from the way he plays.

Reactions: Dominance

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
EP says he’s a RHS but pretty clearly left handed, no?

Kid looks comically large out there though. Highlights are very very intriguing.
Yeah he's a lefty. Listed at 6'4 205 but might be a tad bigger, plays with Zach Benson who's really small though which doesn't help the optics.

Poor mans Matthews isn't a bad comp or a less angry prime Getzlaf

lawrence

May 19, 2012
that's a horrible last name to have for an athlete. Similar to "Pilon." They will just bully him by that at any level.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Yeah he's a lefty. Listed at 6'4 205 but might be a tad bigger, plays with Zach Benson who's really small though which doesn't help the optics.

Poor mans Matthews isn't a bad comp or a less angry prime Getzlaf
I wonder if Benson will grow enough to make the big show.
Exciting times for the ice and also wondering what has happened to Savoie (yes I’ve been living under a rock)

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Big power forward who has a very complete skill set already at a young age and was the recent 2nd pick in the WHL draft. Combines his skating, shot and IQ to be a dominant force who while is in the shadow of Savoie was a worthy 1st overall talent himself. Younger brother of Hurricanes prospect Morgan Geekie so hockey is in his bloodline. Similar talent and size as Dach entering the WHL but is much more of a shooter and imposes his size better at the same stage in their development. Will be a big piece along with Krebs, McClennon, Lambos and Savoie in bringing the recently relocated ICE back to the playoffs.

Conor Geekie at eliteprospects.com
Who do you like better, Savoie or Geekie?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad