C Berkly Catton - Spokane Chiefs, WHL (2024, 8th, SEA)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Initially he went down to guarantee he got a full year with how idiotic the government has handled things up here but also wasn't happy with how bad the Contacts recruited the 06s....all the other high end kids went to the Blazers. Probably wasn't super happy to not make the u18 team so better to come back and play AAA here. Should've never left tbh but get the thought process.

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
It's hard to say if he was struggling since most of us see almost no Shattuck games. For comparison's sake, the other top 06 forward on that team - Aidan Park - has 80 points in 29 games.

Right - but a decade ago Cammarata was blowing MacKinnon out of the water for pts on the same team and some here suggested he was the superior player (stay watchers most likely). I try not to put too much emphasis on it without seeing games. Nonetheless Catton has good production still, not to the level of park but nothing to scoff at

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
Captain for Canada Red at the U17s. Got an assist in the first game.

I love watching this kid play. Didn't watch the U17 game tonight but in the WHL he's a bit like that overly skilled guy in a beer league game who casually dekes through opponents' sticks and legs as long as he wants to. Still struggles at times as a 16-year-old on a weak team, but he will be so much fun to watch the next couple years, once he bulks up, matures and adds some explosiveness.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Best 2024 Draft Eligible I've seen play so far. If there's someone better, that player must be generational or borderline generational.

I was utterly shocked at how good he was, and how he took over a game between 2/3 of the best Canadian players in his age group.

He was playing on a line with the ES player Misa, and make no mistake, Catton drove the line. He had one PP shift that was absolutely incredible. Must've created like five good scoring chances in one shift. I watch Panarin run a PP every game, and this was like a Panarin clinic that he sometimes has in running a PP.

Really nothing he seems to not be very good at, other than he's 5'11. Would help if he could grow a little. If he grew a little, we might be talking about a borderline generational talent.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Best 2024 Draft Eligible I've seen play so far. If there's someone better, that player must be generational or borderline generational.

I was utterly shocked at how good he was, and how he took over a game between 2/3 of the best Canadian players in his age group.

He was playing on a line with the ES player Misa, and make no mistake, Catton drove the line. He had one PP shift that was absolutely incredible. Must've created like five good scoring chances in one shift. I watch Panarin run a PP every game, and this was like a Panarin clinic that he sometimes has in running a PP.

Really nothing he seems to not be very good at, other than he's 5'11. Would help if he could grow a little. If he grew a little, we might be talking about a borderline generational talent.
What’s your feeling on the top-5 for 2024 right now?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
What’s your feeling on the top-5 for 2024 right now?
Have only watched USA, Czech Republic, Canada Black, and Canada Red. So I want to watch the other three teams closely. Have seen some of these other players elsewhere, but I like to use this tournament as my big introduction to the age group.

Don't want to say this is my top 5, but of the players I know about.

1. Catton
2. Demidov
3. Celebrini
4. Eiserman
5. Kiviharju

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
3+6=9 points in 5 games so far. He’s third in the tournament in points after the American duo that is dominating this tournament.

I don’t think he’s hurting his chances of contending for 1OA in 2024 with the tournament he’s having.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
3+6=9 points in 5 games so far. He’s third in the tournament in points after the American duo that is dominating this tournament.

I don’t think he’s hurting his chances of contending for 1OA in 2024 with the tournament he’s having.
great post.

He’s been the best Canadian forward by a sizeable margin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad