C Aleksi Saarela - Lukko, Liiga (2015, 89th, NYR; traded to CAR, traded to CHI, traded to FLA)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010
Slow start to the season? Something wrong? Been drinkin too much liquor offseason?

And what were your expectations for Saarela for this season? PPG? Imo anything north of 0.5ppg is a huge success

tikkanen5rings*

It's like people didn't know loffer is a massive troll and should be ignored.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
It's like people didn't know loffer is a massive troll and should be ignored.

Great avatar, man, just great.

I was just curious to know how the season has started for him behind the (non)points. I expect almost Barkov-like figures from him; are my expectations too high?

tikkanen5rings*

Great avatar, man, just great.

I was just curious to know how the season has started for him behind the (non)points. I expect almost Barkov-like figures from him; are my expectations too high?

If we are talking seriously here, I wouldn't expect another Barkov for... well a long long time.
Expecting Teräväinen like performance is IMO reasonable.

e. Jesse Puljujärvi could be the next Barkov. He is the son of my former co-worker.

Last edited by a moderator:

toewsintangibles

Leadership analyst
Dec 23, 2012
If we are talking seriously here, I wouldn't expect another Barkov for... well a long long time.
Expecting Teräväinen like performance is IMO reasonable.

e. Jesse Puljujärvi could be the next Barkov. He is the son of my former co-worker.

Hasn't Saarela already exceeded Teräväinen's numbers as he is in the SM Liiga 1 year prior to his draft year?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Saarela's back in A-juniors playing center. He hates playing wing and it serves his development better playing center in juniors. He'll likely get a chance at some time soon playing center on senior team.

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010
Saarela's back in A-juniors playing center. He hates playing wing and it serves his development better playing center in juniors. He'll likely get a chance at some time soon playing center on senior team.

Is there still no place to see jr a stats?

Sartorial

#RegisteredUser
Dec 14, 2011
Saskatoon
Hopefully some locals can help me out here: How's the media hype-train with Saarela in Finland compared to other big names? Also, what's your perception of him?

Thanks!

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Hopefully some locals can help me out here: How's the media hype-train with Saarela in Finland compared to other big names? Also, what's your perception of him?

Thanks!

Someone better informed should and will probably answer this but in meantime I would say:

a) not much hype as of now or so far - at least I am not aware of it... but then again he has not even yet fully cracked the Lukko roster in the FEL and has had some injury problems lately... let's see if he can make it to the WJC squad, who knows?

b) well, the kid is physically mature, not that big (5'10?) but strong (187 lbs?). So, a bit "Granlundish" by stature. He has a great wrist shot and good hands, plays pretty gritty game too (?) but is first and foremost an apt play making center with good vision and hockey sense. A good skater but not great. His all-round/defensive game needs still a lot of work, I guess. As I am no expert on this matter - take this with a grain of salt and wait for more knowledgeable reports. And yes, a player comparison - well, his dad (aka "Laitila's oat giant")!- An NHL player? You tell me. And to put him in perspective I would say he is more physical, less talented "Granlund". - Or then again, probably completely different type of player? I don't know.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad