Buyout window is open

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Not to be a grammar nazi, but I will anyways. There's a huge difference between then and than. Not that it matters but it's a pet peeve of mine. :laugh:

When comparing one thing with another you may find that one is more appealing “than†another. “Than†is the word you want when doing comparisons.

Are you referring to this?

Hell, I'd rather gamble on DD being ultra motivated and good in a 3rd line center role then buy him out.

If so, this can be correct if he meant to hope DD is motivated, THEN plays well in a 3C role, THEN buy him out. Sure, it's completely illogical and why would we do that but grammatically I think that statement can be correct.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Not to be a grammar nazi, but I will anyways. There's a huge difference between then and than. Not that it matters but it's a pet peeve of mine. :laugh:

When comparing one thing with another you may find that one is more appealing “than†another. “Than†is the word you want when doing comparisons.

Always funny when someone lectures about grammar but makes a mistake of his own!

Anyways doesn't mean the same as anyway, and in the sentence, you used it as what 'anyway' means.

Anyway means 'despite something that was said before', while Anyways means 'to any degree at all'.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
If so, this can be correct if he meant to hope DD is motivated, THEN plays well in a 3C role, THEN buy him out. Sure, it's completely illogical and why would we do that but grammatically I think that statement can be correct.

Yeah I obviously meant it as "than". Careless mistake, I usually pay more attention to that.

get25

Oct 17, 2015
Forget it.

Habs can do three buy-out for the duration of the CBA.
They already did one with PAP.

About Emelin, if he is gone we have Markov (one more year), Beaulieu and Barberio as LHD. If one is injured what do you do.

As for DD, he only has one year left and can play on a third line and be fill in for injuries on top-6.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
We could have Crosby/Malkin, Patrice Bergeron and DD as our 4 centers but with MT as coach there would be nights when DD was number 1. It is mind numbing to me how a midget one dimensional player with minimal talent could still be playing in the NHL today. There is no logic behind why he is still here and for those of you saying that the coach is utilizing him wrong, are you basing this view on his time with Flash? If they keep DD and he gets hot early on, we all know that he will get a 3 year extension. Get him da f@#$ out of here, it has to end.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Forget it.

Habs can do three buy-out for the duration of the CBA.
They already did one with PAP.

About Emelin, if he is gone we have Markov (one more year), Beaulieu and Barberio as LHD. If one is injured what do you do.

As for DD, he only has one year left and can play on a third line and be fill in for injuries on top-6.

That freaking part came from the French medias....and i see it everywhere even if it's not true.

One more time : Teams can buyout as many players as they want in the 2 last week of june. If a team wants to buyout a players outside of that time frame, they still can but THEN they only have 3 buyouts for the duration of the CBA.

So no, PAP didn't count as one.....weird that this piece of info suddenly came out when people start talking about buying out DD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad