Butch-isms Hall of Fame

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarBeauWahlDobLok

Sep 5, 2014
Howie couldn't pronounce Cogliano correctly. I had to go to Wiki to make sure a player named "Coliano" wasn't on the roster.

Howie's had a few like that over the years. He used to call the late Steve Chaisson "Steve [Chace-in]" - I just didn't like the way he said it. But I've grown to like Howie, and I've liked Butch from the get-go. He reminds me of Ed Westfall in tone, but can only remind me of Bob Uecker and Beavis in delivery.

nyisles

Apr 4, 2006
Western Suffolk
In Italian, "gli" is pronounced like "lyee" or just sounds like the 'g' is silent.
This is correct, I think Howie was trying to showcase his NY-area enlightenment when it comes to dealing with Italian names. However, everyone else (including Cogliano himself I believe) pronounces it "cog-lee-ano," so this is one case where Howie should've just gone with the flow.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Also, the two of them trying to say truncated last nigh was hilarious. It was like a full minute. "RO-ADS... ROWDS"

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Also, the two of them trying to say truncated last nigh was hilarious. It was like a full minute. "RO-ADS... ROWDS"

Butch stumbling over that word 3-4 times..."trumpeted, trumplecated, trumpeted"...........finally "whatever that word is".

#wordswithbutch. Priceless.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
220px-aerosmith_-_toys_in_the_attic.jpg

That's all he's saying...

Banana Sandwiches

Jul 18, 2011
I'm assuming Butch doesn't know that the Lightning are called the Lightning since he seems to be referring to them as the "Tampa Bay team" or the "Tampa player"

giddy up*

He now loves saying the shot was 'Up in the toy department.'

He seriously won't stop saying it.

Nyifan12

Oct 1, 2011
This post has been quiet in a few days. Everything Butch said during the PIT games made sense?

thedonger

Mar 4, 2007
Forgot what Butchie was saying but at one point early int the game, he made up his own version of a cliched line(can't remember what it was), and Howie goes "so is that another Butchism?". Then Burchie goes "Not you too Howie". I spit my water out that I was drinking when I heard that and busted out laughing. They're reading the boards, good job fellas!

Nyifan12

Oct 1, 2011
Both we and the Caps have the best broadcast teams. Listen to a Caps tv game sometime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad