Speculation: Busy few days upcoming?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NWWisconsinDuck

Jun 28, 2023
Do we expect a high volume of activity in the next few days considering how long the Cup final went and the draft and FA right around the corner? Seems like a lot of unanswered questions at this point for a lot of teams around the league

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
48 hours after the cup so technically ~11pm EST tomorrow.
Players need to be put on waivers the day before so that they can clear waivers the next day and be bought out. I assume that means we'll see the buyout players waived tomorrow and bought out on Thursday? Or could they waive them today, have them clear waivers tomorrow and then wait for 11pm to buy them out? I've never heard of the latter being a thing that happens, so I assume waiver day is Wednesday and buyout day is Thursday.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Already been kinda busy, so yeah I expect more movement and action

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Outside of free agency and drafting kids, things probably happening in the next 6 days :
- Husso trade or buyout
- Maatta trade
- Necas trade
- Laine trade
- Trouba trade
- Saros trade
- Ehlers trade
- Mikheyev trade or buyout
- VGK D trade (Whitecloud, McNabb or Theodore)

Then there's a bunch of "maybe" trades, like Skinner, Maatta, Holl (50% retained), Chychrun, Liljegren, Montreal LHD trade, Marner, Kotkaniemi, Allen, Pulock, Lindgren, Couturier, Reilly Smith, Buchnevich, Vejmelka, Gibson, Mangiapane, Gavrikov, Ferraro, Hronek

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
It'll be interesting. I think Oilers buyout Campbell, but not Nurse. Panthers have A LOT of work to do.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Trade deadline day gets all the hype but draft week is always the best time for moves. Every team looking to do something and free agency on the horizon.

Already some big ones done, and I expect a bunch more.
Teams have cap flexibility then before free agency. Can I acquire X before trying to sign UFA Y

Reactions: Tuggy

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
It'll be interesting. I think Oilers buyout Campbell, but not Nurse. Panthers have A LOT of work to do.
I dont think Panthers do

Its 3 things

Sign Reinhart or a W to replace him with a tarasenko signed for less and use space on something else?
Sign Montour or RD to replace him
Give a bridge to Lunndel for 2 yrs

Rest of roster filled with$1M players

Reactions: Dog

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Outside of free agency and drafting kids, things probably happening in the next 6 days :
- Husso trade or buyout
- Maatta trade
- Necas trade
- Laine trade
- Trouba trade
- Saros trade
- Ehlers trade
- Mikheyev trade or buyout
- VGK D trade (Whitecloud, McNabb or Theodore)

Then there's a bunch of "maybe" trades, like Skinner, Maatta, Holl (50% retained), Chychrun, Liljegren, Montreal LHD trade, Marner, Kotkaniemi, Allen, Pulock, Lindgren, Couturier, Reilly Smith, Buchnevich, Vejmelka, Gibson, Mangiapane, Gavrikov, Ferraro, Hronek

Laine isn't likely to be traded until he's officially cleared from the player assistance program and teams can actually talk to him/his agent.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
I think it’s going to be crazy. This SCF dragged on, 3 days in between games is stupid. Teams will be very busy in the next few days for sure

Reactions: Ciao

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I dont think Panthers do

Its 3 things

Sign Reinhart or a W to replace him with a tarasenko signed for less and use space on something else?
Sign Montour or RD to replace him
Give a bridge to Lunndel for 2 yrs

Rest of roster filled with$1M players
They have 7 forwards signed for next season. They also need 3 defensemen. Need to decide on Knight. That's 11 roster spots out of 23. Almost half the roster. That's a lot to do.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Players need to be put on waivers the day before so that they can clear waivers the next day and be bought out. I assume that means we'll see the buyout players waived tomorrow and bought out on Thursday? Or could they waive them today, have them clear waivers tomorrow and then wait for 11pm to buy them out? I've never heard of the latter being a thing that happens, so I assume waiver day is Wednesday and buyout day is Thursday.

Just a heads up. Anyone who has a full NMC won’t get put on waivers. Because, well…they can’t be waived. So, for example, we won’t hear if Skinner is getting bought out the day before. They’ll just tell him and tweet it out when it happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad