News Article: Bullying and Backstabbing: The Ottawa Senators are Pro-Sports' Biggest Mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Hey look on the bright side. Things can only go up from here! ... is what I said in the offseason.

How wrong I was lol

I will never predict rock bottom with this joke of a franchise and owner, the propaganda the team is clearly manufacturing is so visible even a laymen could easily pick it up, the bots, the spin, the video's, attacking the press, it's textbook.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I was talking to a co worker today who's a Cowboys fan and he made the comparison of Jerry Jones to Melnyk. Melnyk is essentially 'poor' Jones. So all the negative characteristics and shenanigans of Jurreh but none of the benefits of his pocket book.

I rather liked that.

Reactions: Sensung

Dino Tkachuk

Ottawa Senators
Jan 6, 2009
What does your comment have to do with the post you quoted?
In many cases you (and others) are quick to judge both local players and management on their internal hiring decisions without having any context or knowing anything about the person (other than what a quick search on the Internet shows). We know nothing about why they were signed/drafted/hired. At the same time you defend the "localness" of a journalist and spin it as an advantage yet you know nothing about the guy. I guess it fits your narrative.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
You guys can all rub each other's backs. When you don't have anything, you all resort to name calling. I mean, if that works for you then good on you. It just points to your inability to express your points of view.

Pro-Melnyk is different from MelnykOut how? It seems like the Kool Aid is a crap load stronger on the MelnykOut side. Warped, delusional and pathetic, really.

Pro-Melnyk side? Warped, delusional and pathetic, really. How one side thinks they are any better is laughable. Anyone who supports the players and the team are considered Melnyk's chicks, even though there is not a single person on this forum that has stated that they like or support Melnyk. Find me one. No one is Pro-Melnyk. Everyone hates him .

A lot of these people, and I don't want to speak for them, but I think I have a pretty good handle on their views, just want to watch the players and enjoy the games. The Anti-Melnyk gang revel in the negativity, revel in the team hopefully playing poor, and outwardly hope for the destruction of the franchise.

Keep going guys. I am not going anywhere. Keep labelling people trolls, get banned,m reported, whatever. Or just grow up.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
The narrative speaks louder in actions than anyone's words here could deliver.

Want the narrative? Here it is:

View attachment 154575

I know the ticket sites are trying to share more information, but does it not seem weird to anyone that they would share Guy Boucher's coaching strategies on the map?
"Senators Shoot Twice" is directly from his playbook under "Defending a Lead when Entering the 3rd Period"

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
You guys can all rub each other's backs. When you don't have anything, you all resort to name calling. I mean, if that works for you then good on you. It just points to your inability to express your points of view.

Pro-Melnyk is different from MelnykOut how? It seems like the Kool Aid is a crap load stronger on the MelnykOut side. Warped, delusional and pathetic, really.

Pro-Melnyk side? Warped, delusional and pathetic, really. How one side thinks they are any better is laughable. Anyone who supports the players and the team are considered Melnyk's chicks, even though there is not a single person on this forum that has stated that they like or support Melnyk. Find me one. No one is Pro-Melnyk. Everyone hates him .

A lot of these people, and I don't want to speak for them, but I think I have a pretty good handle on their views, just want to watch the players and enjoy the games. The Anti-Melnyk gang revel in the negativity, revel in the team hopefully playing poor, and outwardly hope for the destruction of the franchise.

Keep going guys. I am not going anywhere. Keep labelling people trolls, get banned,m reported, whatever. Or just grow up.

What are you talking about? First of all, I have seen people supporting Melynk or attempting to excuse his actions, or criticize those that criticize him (Egg, Tnouc Alard or whatever, those other random bots, specifically). Second, reveling in the negativity, yes I do this but only insofar as it relates to Melynk and the operation of the team, I don't want it to happen, but it seems to keep happening and it doesn't disappoint me. Third, I haven't seen anyone reveling in the team playing poorly, what I have seen is people exposing the lies that this team is somehow playing well because they won a couple of games. There's a huge difference between someone wanting the team to do poorly and people pointing out that the team is literally one of the worst teams in the league.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

I generally argue against posts that make no sense. Ones that don't follow logic. Ones that have significant holes in the basic premise of the argument itself.

Considering this, if the majority of the posts I find myself debating against are "pro melnyk" ones (for lack of a better term), maybe there is some correlation there that is worth paying attention to.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
As it stands now, after 18 games, we are projected to do better than the 82-game total we finished with last year.

As it stands now, after 18 games this season (7-8-3, 17pts), we are worse than we were after 18 games last season (8-4-6, 22pts).

So we are both currently projected to do better than last season's full-season point total, but at the same time projecting worse than we were at the exact same point in the season last year, with the same 18-game sample.

Neither statement is incorrect, and one does not disprove the other.
Yup, neither one tells whether we are better or worse. Using either to say we are better or worse is just foolish.

The play on the ice though, that does. This team has the worst D I have seen in a long, long time. We are scoring a lot, on very few shots. That isn't something that we can replicate over a full season. Our point totals, not even good, are not indicative of how good we are. The larger sample size of the rest of the season will in all likelihood show this.

A team that has the most shots against by a wide, wide margin and a team save % of .891 isn't going to keep winning games by scoring 4+ goals every game.

One of them, either the defensive side or offensive side, will fall back to the norm, and I don't think anyone with a brain would expect the defensive side to climb to league average before our scoring falls back to the league average.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
In many cases you (and others) are quick to judge both local players and management on their internal hiring decisions without having any context or knowing anything about the person (other than what a quick search on the Internet shows). We know nothing about why they were signed/drafted/hired. At the same time you defend the "localness" of a journalist and spin it as an advantage yet you know nothing about the guy. I guess it fits your narrative.
The only person spinning narratives to fit their argument here is you. This is such a ridiculous post I shouldn't even bother to respond to it; there is one, and only one intention of your post and you know exactly what that is, the word starts with a t and ends with an l.

Alright, let's begin here:
Please quote where I make any arguments in my opinions based on the localness of players: "judge both local players and management on their internal hiring decisions" as you implied. That is not an argument I use nor care for, you're probably confusing me with somebody else, but too lazy to bother verifying.
Also, correlating the decisions of a pro-sports team who has been shown in the past to have trouble drawing and retaining UFA's, to the integrity of a journalist is 1. a massive strawman, and 2. completely irrelevant. The fact that this even needs to be stated is shocking.

We know nothing about why they were signed/drafted/hired.
Please show me where I ever claimed to have internal knowledge of the sens signing/drafting/hiring decisions.

At the same time you defend the "localness" of a journalist and spin it as an advantage yet you know nothing about the guy.

Once again, I don't argue anything about the "localness" of players/management, so your strawman is completely irrelevant (as all strawmans are in the first place) in relationship to me.
Second, Ice-Tray was trying to spin the fact that the journalist has previously written for the OC as though this was now a conspiracy. I questioned him why having local roots is somehow a negative, and surprise surprise, he didn't bother responding. Now you come in here trying to claim hypocrisy, so much so that you laughed on a bus (don't believe that for a second, or you have a very strange form of humour) when the two cases are not relatable in any logical scenario. The decision making of a professional sports team and the integrity of a journalist are in no way, whatsoever, relatable. How you can even claim the use of localness in these two situations is hypocritical is as I already stated completely illogical and laughable.

To sum this up, your reply brings a certain scene from Billy Madison to mind, I'm sure you can figure out which one. And to make this clear: I don't use the locality of players/management as part of my arguments and the fact that you have singled me out and went out of your way in an attempt to insult and belittle me because you were under the impression that I do, is a good indicator of your character and personality, and it isn't pleasant.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deku

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I generally argue against posts that make no sense. Ones that don't follow logic. Ones that have significant holes in the basic premise of the argument itself.

Considering this, if the majority of the posts I find myself debating against are "pro melnyk" ones (for lack of a better term), maybe there is some correlation there that is worth paying attention to.

Funny, it seems as though Sensung is someone you never have issues with, now it makes sense.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Eugene is a great man. After he gets about 30-40 drinks into him, he's a laugh riot. And that wire transfer I just received was not from him.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Funny, it seems as though Sensung is someone you never have issues with, now it makes sense.

He's part of the same conspiracy as Terry Marcotte.

tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
You know, referring to posters on here flippantly as 'bots' is pretty lame in terms of discussion board behaviour. It's just a cheap way of discounting a person and their views in their entirety, and without discussion. I guess dehumanizing them makes it easier for people to post nasty things.

Such a shame what it's become in here. I suppose ownership and management are also responsible for the devolvement of decorum and basic respect in here.

Reactions: HSF

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
I suppose ownership and management are also responsible for the devolvement of decorum and basic respect in here.

Neither side has shown much class or respect for one another and what is it that has caused this debate: OWNERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT, so , yes, they are responsible..

FYI, your posts aren't exactly classy and respectful either.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Lol, the hypocrisy in everyone's posts is laughable. Neither side has shown much class or respect for one another and what is it that has caused this debate: OWNERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT, so , yes, they are responsible..

No Chezzz, EM is not responsible for some of the things you post, and no, not everyone is disrespectful when they post.

lol it away by all means though...

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
No Chezzz, EM is not responsible for some of the things you post, and no, not everyone is disrespectful when they post.

lol it away by all means though...

Please don't try to come across as being someone who has shown class and respect for others in here, you and I and many others can probably admit that we have gone over board a tad in these threads.

Last I checked, this endless debate is basically about how this franchise operates. It has taken over multiple threads and the argument centers around how this hockey club is run and if we have any faith in ownership and management. Even when the topic is "Boycott", a certain group of people turn the conversation back to "good fan vs bad fan" then the other side snaps back.

Last edited:

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Please don't try to come across as being someone who has shown class and respect for others in here, you and I and many others can probably admit that we have gone over board a tad in these threads.

Last I checked, this endless debate is basically about how our franchise is run. It has taken over multiple threads and the argument centers around how this hockey club is run and if we have any faith in ownership and management. Even when the topic is "Boycott", a certain group of people turn the conversation back to "good fan vs bad fan" then the other side snaps back.

My post history stands for itself regardless of whatever self-evaluation I could give. I can say that I am generally content with how I carry myself in here.

Going overboard in an argument/discussion is to be expected, as are apologies and taking responsibility for one's behaviour. That's being respectful, both outwardly and inwardly.

Lumping people together into insulting and disingenuous little groups for the purpose of minimizing their opinions, and making sweeping insults easier to deliver is not something I take part in, or respect as behaviour in general.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
I was talking to a co worker today who's a Cowboys fan and he made the comparison of Jerry Jones to Melnyk. Melnyk is essentially 'poor' Jones. So all the negative characteristics and shenanigans of Jurreh but none of the benefits of his pocket book.

I rather liked that.

That's hilarious. I'm a Cowboys fan (shut up ;)) and a few weeks ago I was making this same comparison.

Do, do we know each other? :huh:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Except you didn't state a personal preference. You claimed

If you just claimed you like watching them better without EK, I'd just chalk it up to the fact that you've always bashed EK because he is a skill based player and you like knuckle daggers.

But claiming that this year's Sens team with the worst DCorps in the league is better off without a proven #1 Norris calibre Dman is simply an indefensible opinion.
I do think they are better without him & they seem to me to be playing better without him, I've said this numerous times IMO they seem to be better this yr than last yr. That's true from the games I have seen this yr from my perspective although they have some stinkers too. I guess it's both, I prefer the team without EK this yr & claim they are better without him.

I think you mean knuckle draggers, a disparaging & transparent remark to enhance your viewpoint & diminish mine. People like, who they like & comments like these are not going to change that, but more likely enhance them. BTW whose the gatekeeper now?

Well looking at the stats which you seem to like to post, Chabot has more pts than EK, so far this yr, if stats are all that matters Chabot is having a better yr & is the better player so far this yr. Look at the EK comparisons with other Norris trophy nominees & winners in the past on here & how a number of people on here trashed those other Norris winners. EK is a Norris calbre D- man or was with a number of flaws in his game, as every player has & I preferred some of those other Norris calibre D-men to him as some others did as well. However, the yr they went to the conference final IMO was his best yr ever & well deserving of a Norris trophy which he did not win, so what do I know. Last yr IMO he was terrible defensively again & just as bad as everyone else on the team & again IMO it was time to move on from him & rebuild. He may rebound & win the Norris again & he may not & start declining more, who knows, time will tell.

Oh, ... & speaking of stats have you seen which team is near or at the top of the league in goals for? Of course, they are at the bottom of the league in pts against & since preventing goals against IMO has never been a strong point regarding EK, I doubt he would help in that respect but the fact remains they don't seem to be missing his point production. Sure it may not last, but on the other hand their goals against could start going the other way too, who knows, in fact, I wish it would.

So where does that leave us? So far, I like the team better this yr, IMO they are more fun to watch, more exciting & their young guys are doing well & I assume you don't. We both want the owner to sell but I think he may never while you I assume think he eventually will someday. I think the team will continue to improve & the team should potentially contend for a playoff spot next season, you may not. However, I concede they may not too & you might be right & they could potentially be worse. We'll see, but so far this yr anyway, I think they are better off without EK & playing better without him but admittedly it could change ... or not. Maybe they would be even better with him & maybe they wouldn't, who knows but so far I like the potential from what I have seen so far from this new team.

Last edited:

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
This whole thread is exactly why EM cant own the team anymore,nobody trusts a word out of his mouth...We cant hire a tenured coach,hockey man or sign any worthwhile FA because nobody will work for him...
He screwed up this market all by himself,and it hasnt happened overnight ...This giant f***up has been years in the making

Last edited:
Reactions: aragorn
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad