News Article: Bullying and Backstabbing: The Ottawa Senators are Pro-Sports' Biggest Mess

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
And you still haven't realised I in no way am using last years projections to say it is better....my lord you are dense

It's incredible :lol:
So just to clarify: you are arguing that the fact that we have less pts/game and a much lower goal differential this year compared to last year at the same time, supports your theory that the team is better this year.

Here, I'm going to make it simpler for both of you, since math is hard apparently:

Last season we finished in 30th place.

Currently, we're in 26th place.

26th place is higher than 30th place.

I understand that the standings for this season are not final, and things can change. But as it stands, we're doing better than we did last season.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
What on earth.

If we are on pace for more points than last season then we're obviously better than last season...so far...

If @swiftwin numbers are correct, on pace 77 points. We had 67 last year.

I think they're just trolling at this point.

I'm going to bed.

Good night.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Here, I'm going to make it simpler for both of you, since math is hard apparently:

Last season we finished in 30th place.

Currently, we're in 26th place.

26th place is higher than 30th place.

I understand that the standings for this season are not final, and things can change. But as it stands, we're doing better than we did last season.

Sure, that's fair, we are doing better right now then we finished last year, that's not what's being talked about. We have a higher projected point total 18 games in, not to be confused with a better team which you seem stuck on...

Claiming this team is better because of a projection (that has a load of red flags) vs a verified result is not intellectually honest. It's incorrect math (again, very ironic from the guy saying people don't understand math).

I'm going to exit stage left though, I know there's no point in trying to have a discussion with you

When the whole argument that the team is actually better this year is because of a 18 game projection being higher than last years 82 game ACTUAL result, it falls on itself.

Last edited:

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
Don't drink the PD / EM Kool-Aid!

A team full of youngsters are fun to watch if course, let's see how the season plays out with this roster however, I do doubt it will remain entact and UFA's traded.

A wholesale rebuild is probably best with EM as the owner anyhow and pray for a new owner as they start to hit their prime.

The Guardian covering the Sens is a shock but we all know dysfunctional this franchise is from the Top and to some of the players. Is great to get a little heat under the team and put a little fire in the players hearts and maybe a butt hurt PD/ EM.

Was it not last week we list 9-2? ....lol

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Well , that is a disappointing response.

So , he was sitting on the story? I choose to believe it was a reaction to his old buddy getting turfed from the plane.

And it wasn't a hockey story as much as it was a privacy issue, and you damn well know it. It was an invasion of privacy issue that would reverberate with their soccer/cricket/rugby players. Professional athletes complaining about their coaches in a Uber and they get leaked? That is the story.

What "old buddy"?

You know, this inspired me to go and search for Colin Horgan's ties to the Ottawa Citizen. Do you know how many articles I could find in their database, or anywhere else online, that Colin Horgan wrote for the Ottawa Cirizen?

... One.

ONE. About John Scott.

How are they "old friends"? You're so quick to assume conspiracy! You come here and trash an article for having an agenda, and then you yourself are guilty of the same thing! It's so hypocritical. The whole thing just looks gross.

Reactions: Deku

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
What "old buddy"?

You know, this inspired me to go and search for Colin Horgan's ties to the Ottawa Citizen. Do you know how many articles I could find in their database, or anywhere else online, that Colin Horgan wrote for the Ottawa Cirizen?

... One.

ONE. About John Scott.

How are they "old friends"? You're so quick to assume conspiracy! You come here and trash an article for having an agenda, and then you yourself are guilty of the same thing! It's so hypocritical. The whole thing just looks gross.

If you really don’t think the article is payback for kicking the writer off the plane, you are as disconnected as Melnyk and Trump are...

Reactions: coladin

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
If you really don’t think the article is payback for kicking the writer off the plane, you are as disconnected as Melnyk and Trump are...

If it were "payback" in any way, why was it published in a British paper, for an audience that largely doesn't give two sh**t about hockey, doesn't know any of the story, and won't remember this by next week? By a writer that barely ever writes about hockey, whose name has almost no clout in the industry, and is known more for being a political speechwriter?

How is it payback? If you're accusing me of being "disconnected", then list the reasons why this is "payback". Obviously you can explain why it's "payback", right?

It makes almost literally no sense at all.

It's a poorly written summary of events written in a slow news weak for a paper that needed something to fill Page 8 in a slow news week. Some of you guys are so quick to jump the gun and go on the defensive and create all of these wild hypothetical scenarios about literally any criticism of the team, jeez.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
If it were "payback" in any way, why was it published in a British paper, for an audience that largely doesn't give two sh**t about hockey, doesn't know any of the story, and won't remember this by next week? By a writer that barely ever writes about hockey, whose name has almost no clout in the industry, and is known more for being a political speechwriter?

How is it payback? If you're accusing me of being "disconnected", then list the reasons why this is "payback". Obviously you can explain why it's "payback", right?

It makes almost literally no sense at all.

It's a poorly written summary of events written in a slow news weak for a paper that needed something to fill Page 8 in a slow news week. Some of you guys are so quick to jump the gun and go on the defensive and create all of these wild hypothetical scenarios about literally any criticism of the team, jeez.

We know Melnyk (and organization) are very touchy on all the bad press this year (and the last few years).

We know the writer’s intent by the tone.

It wasn’t a coincidence.

The situation is so bad now. Local papers against the team.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
We know Melnyk (and organization) are very touchy on all the bad press this year (and the last few years).

We know the writer’s intent by the tone.

It wasn’t a coincidence.

So because Melnyk is sensitive to bad press, all bad press going forward now is going to be considered "payback"? That's going to be the line we're drawing in the sand, here? That's a terrible precedent to set. AND it makes no sense.

The situation is so bad now. Local papers against the team.

Local papers?

LOCAL PAPERS?!? IT'S AN ARTICLE FOR A NEWSPAPER PRINTED ACROSS A LITERAL, ACTUAL OCEAN.

Reactions: Engineer and Chezzz

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau

Melnyk has more bots in HFBoards than he does on Twitter. These guys must cost less. Would be hilarious if they were accepting free tickets as payment since, you know, the whole "true fans pay money to go see the games" shtick.

West Coast Eagles

Sep 24, 2008
Bne
So your reasoning for why we shouldn't use pace to determine how good we are this year is by showing that last season's pace on this date proved to be ineffective? But at the same time, using last year's pace on this date to prove we were better last season? Which one is it? That's some solid logic there bud. Nice and circular.

Until someone invents a crystal ball, the only thing we have this season is pace.

Just for clarity, what metric are you using to say this team is better than last years?

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Why bother responding to the pro-Melynk troll accounts? They are enjoying driving all of you mad.
Two reasons.

1) They don’t get to set the narrative. Leaving their BS unchallenged would give the impression that it was legitimate.

2) They provide the perfect opportunity to keep Melnyk’s destruction of this franchise front and centre. I hope they never stop.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Two reasons.

1) They don’t get to set the narrative. Leaving their BS unchallenged would give the impression that it was legitimate.

2) They provide the perfect opportunity to keep Melnyk’s destruction of this franchise front and centre. I hope they never stop.

And you guys are the ones who will pull your hair out responding to them, and ultimately lose your cool and get yourself banned. That's what the trolls want. That's why they keep responding.

They will not set the narrative if everyone ignores their crap. It's not like HF Sens gets any real new posters anyways, so there's no newbies to try and convince on either side.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
But as it stands, we're doing better than we did last season.

As it stands now, after 18 games, we are projected to do better than the 82-game total we finished with last year.

As it stands now, after 18 games this season (7-8-3, 17pts), we are worse than we were after 18 games last season (8-4-6, 22pts).

So we are both currently projected to do better than last season's full-season point total, but at the same time projecting worse than we were at the exact same point in the season last year, with the same 18-game sample.

Neither statement is incorrect, and one does not disprove the other.

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
The narrative speaks louder in actions than anyone's words here could deliver.

Want the narrative? Here it is:

upload_2018-11-14_11-10-44.png

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
The narrative speaks louder in actions than anyone's words here could deliver.

Want the narrative? Here it is:

View attachment 154575

I'm not quite sure what you're getting at, absolutely nothing wrong with this. People are unhappy with Melnyk, and are not obligated to buy tickets. Hopefully it will make Melnyk realize that he's a bad owner and he should sell the team.

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
I'm not quite sure what you're getting at, absolutely nothing wrong with this. People are unhappy with Melnyk, and are not obligated to buy tickets. Hopefully it will make Melnyk realize that he's a bad owner and he should sell the team.

Give yourself some credit then: you do understand.

alfstheman

Jul 2, 2009
Hey look on the bright side. Things can only go up from here! ... is what I said in the offseason.

How wrong I was lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad