Proposal: Buffalo - Vancouver

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

UnicornONtheCOBB

Jun 29, 2016
it's probably not the worst in terms of value. But, Risto is already 3 years into his development, and I see him as the best player and most valuable piece in this trade, so I don't know if Buffalo is looking to start over with another Finish dman. It comes down to how good you believe Tanev is. Some people are really high on him, other's not quite as high. No doubt, he's a quality D, not sure what his ceiling is. If these teams were in opposite positions, where Buffalo was looking to rebuild and Vancouver was looking to take that next step, it would make more sense, but with things as they are, I don't see Buffalo moving their best dman.

DraberlyakMcHallkins*

I don't touch this with a 10-foot pole if I'm Vancouver, honestly

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
If the Sabres are determined to trade Kane, they will take a step back this year (from what expectations have been). But if they can turn it into a long term net positive, I think that's the best you can ask for. They have the forward prospects to fill the hole Kane leaves. Juolevi gives them that stud LD they need. One step back, two steps forward.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
If the Sabres are determined to trade Kane, they will take a step back this year (from what expectations have been). But if they can turn it into a long term net positive, I think that's the best you can ask for. They have the forward prospects to fill the hole Kane leaves. Juolevi gives them that stud LD they need. One step back, two steps forward.

Replacing Risto with Tanev creates a lot more problems than it solves. And adding a maybe possible solution 2 years down the line is not worth it.

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
Leave Tanev and Juolevi out:

Risto + Kane

for

5th round pick.

Kane has a negative value.

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005
Sabres don't do this. But keep on with your recent anti Risto agenda.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad