Buffalo Sabres 2024-25 Training Camp Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Yeah I wondered the same thing.

I love Donnie but he is better at development than coaching - at least at the NHL level.

Totally agree. I think Don is a very good developmental coach, but I think he was missing some of the tools you need to be a good NHL HC. I don’t even know that it’s an Xs and Os problem (the Sabres ES metrics under him were not bad), so much as he just wasn’t bringing/demanding the right level of intensity and preparation. That and the PP sucked butt.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
"He knows what he is doing" - Dahlin talking about Lindy

that mean Dahlin thinks Donnie didn't know what he was doing ?
Reading between the lines, I think he was struggling to say something nice without giving the answer that was actually on his mind, so it just came out that way. He clearly really wanted to say that Lindy is mean and not friendly to guys when it comes to correcting guys on the details and the non-negotiables, which is a big change (in a good way).

He let a little of that out, but to me, he was trying to bite his tongue and give an answer that couldn’t be interpreted as criticizing Ruff. I don’t think it had anything to do with being better than Granato, just very different and Dahlin was just trying to sidestep saying “Lindy rages” even though he appreciates that element

Reactions: Chainshot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad