Buffalo Sabres 2024-25 Training Camp Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
Probably won't know until after the scrimmage tomorrow morning as the team playing will have a practice after the scrimmage.

If I had to guess though (for fun).

Zucker McLeod Rosen
Greenway Krebs Ostlund
Wahlberg Helenius Murray
Fiddler-Schultz Dunne Warren
Jobst

Johnson Komarov
Gilbert Metsa
Clague Novikov
Prow

Levi
Sandstorm
Ratzlaff
They've stated that the "starters" will play in the two preseason games happening before the "pre-Europe" trip that starts Wednesday. There will only be one more preseason game for the "starters" to play in before the season starts in Prague. (And its against a German team).

So I doubt many of those listed above play on Monday.

Last edited:

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Lindy is definitely old school. To each his own but just like Herbies, modern coaches don't do that drill anymore.

I'm guessing Ruff doesn't do a lot of small area games. (That worries me a wee bit....)

I feel like he would also like Byram's preparation. He noted in the video above that he learned in Colorado how to be a good pro and keep your body prepared. If he took lessons from MacK on preparation and discipline then he is probably ahead of the others when it comes to conditioning. We have all heard the stories about how MacKinnon is super stringent on preparation, conditioning, and diet.
Totally accurate. Mitts can validate you on every point.

P.S. I've been told Mitts looks excellent in the Avs camp.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Lindy is definitely old school. To each his own but just like Herbies, modern coaches don't do that drill anymore.

I'm guessing Ruff doesn't do a lot of small area games. (That worries me a wee bit....)

Totally accurate. Mitts can validate you on every point.

P.S. I've been told Mitts looks excellent in the Avs camp.
We’re all past it bro

Reactions: MOGlLNY and Dingo44

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
I wonder what they'll do when they have the 3 games in a row from the 26th to the 28th. I'm assuming they'll just break the team out into 2 squads. They'll have 1 squad travel to Germany for the exhibition game on the 27th. This will probably consist of the top players as that's what the NHL will prefer they send. We'll call this squad A. Squad B will play the stateside games on 26th and 28th.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I wonder what they'll do when they have the 3 games in a row from the 26th to the 28th. I'm assuming they'll just break the team out into 2 squads. They'll have 1 squad travel to Germany for the exhibition game on the 27th. This will probably consist of the top players as that's what the NHL will prefer they send. We'll call this squad A. Squad B will play the stateside games on 26th and 28th.
They can only take 27 players on the European trip for the exhibition game against Red Bull Munich and the first two regular season games. That group reportedly leaves tomorrow.

It's going to be their expected 23 man roster to start the season plus the first 4 call ups from Rochester that make the trip.

Leone, Prospal, and Paestch will have their minor league guys here in NA. So, it is just going to be an early start to Amerks camp for a week. So, the games on the 26th and 28th will just be various versions of the minor league roster with maybe a few CHL guys mixed in. I also won't be surprised if that same mix of guys gets the game on the 24th unless the plan is to take the 27 guys going to Europe to play on the 24th and they are leaving for Munich from there. But, I would guess that we see the A squad tonight.

We shall see.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Probably won't know until after the scrimmage tomorrow morning as the team playing will have a practice after the scrimmage.

If I had to guess though (for fun).

Zucker McLeod Rosen
Greenway Krebs Ostlund
Wahlberg Helenius Murray
Fiddler-Schultz Dunne Warren
Jobst

Johnson Komarov
Gilbert Metsa
Clague Novikov
Prow

Levi
Sandstorm
Ratzlaff
I don’t see them breaking up any of the lines they want to start the season with.

Reactions: Zman5778

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Combining this with what Zucker-McLoud-Greenway are going to bring is so damn enticing. That's probably 25 mins a game of hard cycling, and good two-way play. Zucker is really the only player of those 5 who is iffy defensively, and he's on a line with two damn fine defensive guys. Hopefully, McLoud gets a bit more physical around the net with Zucker and Greenway showing the way. If that doesn't get the top-6 buying in to a more physical, well-rounded game, then nothing will.

I've said this a lot this offseason, but we don't need our offensive guys hitting their career year totals to make the playoffs. We need them buying into the more nuanced and grittier parts of the game, which is why I was so glad Adams finally reshaped the bottom-6. Some posters looked at that as a minor improvement, but I think it can go a long way in getting these boys playing the right way.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

And we are seeing the A squad again tonight before they hop the plane to Munich tomorrow.
Seems like they're giving Krebs all the rope he needs to show what he can (or cannot) do.

Wonder if he's just going to slide into Tuch's spot tonight? Or if Benson slides next to Tage and JJ and then Krebs takes Benson's spot with Cozens and Quinn? I can't imagine they breakup AKLM or Zucker/McLeod/Greenway.

Gilbert jumping in for Bryson makes a ton of sense, as does Levi in net. Gotta then think that UPL gets the preseason game in Munich (or splits with Reimer).

Reactions: Dingo44

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Tuch sitting out when JJ/Tage are not is weird... is he banged up? How irritated am I going to be to see Zucker on the first line?
Didn't Krebs play with Kulich & Rousek?

It won't surprise me if he's the guy that plays with Thompson and Peterka. Or, do they go with something like this:

Peterka-Thompson-Quinn
Benson-Krebs-Cozens
Zucker-McLeod-Greenway
Malenstyn-Lafferty-NAK

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Didn't Krebs play with Kulich & Rousek?

It won't surprise me if he's the guy that plays with Thompson and Peterka. Or, do they go with something like this:

Peterka-Thompson-Quinn
Benson-Krebs-Cozens
Zucker-McLeod-Greenway
Malenstyn-Lafferty-NAK
I was thinking they want to see Krebs at center, if put Cozens on the Thompson/JJ line. Give Krebs a trigger man and someone to forecheck.

Reactions: Jim Bob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad