Buffalo Sabres 2024-25 Training Camp Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
Byram definitely has a swagger about him...which I can imagine is good for that room. I have high hopes that he'll be outstanding under Lindy. Perhaps he can be the Campbell of this group.

His comments were also pretty damning on Granato's system and lack of leadership imo. I really hope this is a good marriage of coach and player. If we can get Byram to hit his potential, we should be a very solid top 4 no matter how you slice it.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Byram definitely has a swagger about him...which I can imagine is good for that room. I have high hopes that he'll be outstanding under Lindy. Perhaps he can be the Campbell of this group.

His comments were also pretty damning on Granato's system and lack of leadership imo. I really hope this is a good marriage of coach and player. If we can get Byram to hit his potential, we should be a very solid top 4 no matter how you slice it.

There’s a stupid amount of talent between Dahlin, Byram, and Power. Unlocking more potential from OP and Byram could get us one of the best blue lines in the league.

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
Our top 4 will be amazing if Samuelsson can stay healthy. Bottom pair i am not so sure Luckily our top D can eat minutes.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Ruff has complimented him frequently so it lines up with his public takes. That could be huge.
Lindy had a tendency of bringing out the best in defensemen like him, no? Thinking Campbell, Myers, and Im sure there are others from different teams he's coached.

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
Have heard from an A1 source that the coaching staff thinks Byram has been their best player since camp started. They’re super impressed
Great. Now I want steak* for dinner.

*A1 steak sauce is popular here in the States for those of you outside North America.

Reactions: Dingo44

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Lindy had a tendency of bringing out the best in defensemen like him, no? Thinking Campbell, Myers, and Im sure there are others from different teams he's coached.
I feel like he would also like Byram's preparation. He noted in the video above that he learned in Colorado how to be a good pro and keep your body prepared. If he took lessons from MacK on preparation and discipline then he is probably ahead of the others when it comes to conditioning. We have all heard the stories about how MacKinnon is super stringent on preparation, conditioning, and diet.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Id even go and say Clifton will be much better as well. A Sami/Clifton shutdown d pair would be a great revelation.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
It shocked me how fast people seemed to want to write Bo off. He is so young and has shown top-end skill already. Plus he is a cup champion.
I have a lot of faith in Bo. I watched him in the WHL conference finals in his draft year and he was the best player on the ice. Controlling the play of the game as a draft eligible d-man is quite impressive.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
and if not we have some good depth options now in Johnson/Gilbert/Bryson
We have good depth throughout for the first time in awhile. I wouldn't mind another vet F who is fine to sit in the box. At the same time I think Rousek would be a good 14th who could rotate in every 5 or 10 games when healthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad