Buffalo over .500 for first time since January 14th, 2013

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Its 3 games in, I'll get excited when they are above .500 in December. They do look like a different team playing in front of a decent goaltender. They still bleed shots against, but they look like they have faith in Hutton saving them so they are more willing to make plays. They gotta cut back on the shots allowed though, cant continue to depend on > .530 goaltending long term.

Reactions: The Wizz

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Its 3 games in, I'll get excited when they are above .500 in December. They do look like a different team playing in front of a decent goaltender. They still bleed shots against, but they look like they have faith in Hutton saving them so they are more willing to make plays. They gotta cut back on the shots allowed though, cant continue to depend on > .530 goaltending long term.

Part of what is crazy is that they haven’t even won an opener since 2013.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
if you look at their first month records since 2014 it becomes very clear how this happened. They dig holes they never get out of.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Did they lose every opening night game or something? Or are you only counting after they've played 2-3 games?

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Definitely could see Eichel having his MacK/Hall/Seguin breakout season this year and that alone is a big part of the battle. With him not just scoring points but absolutely driving the team as the leader of the offense (now officially on his chest as well). Not sure as an entire team they are quite as prepared to make the kind of jump the Avs and Devils did behind their alpha dogs but no reason to suspect this won't be a season of great progress. Plus in a few seasons when Dahlin is really pushing into rarefied defenseman air (let's be honest - defenders will usually take a bit longer to hit their full stride) - the Sabres will have him and nobody else will.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Maybe they'll even be able to sustain .500 for a week or two if they keep tanking for another 3 - 4 years.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Carter Hutton may well be, based on three games, the best goalie we've had in some time.

I will wait a few more games before getting on his bandwagon, but I am hopeful here....

Reactions: Tage2Tuch

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
Only 3 games, but all those years of bottoming out and drafting top prospects is finally showing some promise. Gonna be interesting to see how much these guys grow this season.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
I remember up until this decade, Buffalo had an all time winning record against all but 5 or 6 franchises...boy has that sure changed.

Actually only 3 teams were ahead. Before this debacle the Sabres had the 4th best win % in nhl history. Now that they have finally built a competitive team again they will reclaim an top 5 spot in a few more years.

Reactions: Tage2Tuch

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
To be clear,that is .500 WIN percentage. Not .500 point percentage. Although that has been a while too.

Still incredibly sad. But even though it is only 3 games they are providing some hope for change.
Winning percentage: January 24, 2013

Points percentage: March 4, 2017

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Yeah, because everyone here is suggesting that. By everyone, I mean nobody.
They're a lock if they can come up with better music. This wretched song has been holding them back for years. They don't want to go near the playoffs and introduce the slightest possibility they'll have to hear this song again. It's not the players. It's not the management. It's that damn song!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad