Proposal: Buffalo-Minnesota

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
To Buffalo:
D- M. Dumba
RW- J. Zucker

To Minnesota:
LW- E. Kane

Dumba has talent, but has it put it all together. Kane has talent and has shown it, but is inconsistent and has had some off-ice issues.

Gives Minnesota a top-9 of...
Parise-Staal-Coyle
Kane-Koivu-Niederreiter
Granlund-Haula-Pominville

Gives Buffalo a defense of...
Kulikov-Ristolainen
Gorges-Bogosian
McCabe-Dumba

Twoods1623

Jun 27, 2016
North Shore
No way buddy ol pal. Hard hard pass. Trading a potential stud of a defenseman and at the worst a 3rd line winger for a troublemaker. I'm good. I'd take reinhart though for that package.

Iamtheliquor*

Dec 15, 2015
I don't know what team would touch Kane with all his off ice issues. Really need to give a team some incentive to take the idiot.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Buffalo doesn't need a RHD that requires expansion draft protection without upgrading the position, and Minny doesn't need the extra cap or to give up an extra asset for Kane in the process.

This trade is just unnecessary for both teams.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
To Buffalo:
D- M. Dumba
RW- J. Zucker

To Minnesota:
LW- E. Kane

Dumba has talent, but has it put it all together. Kane has talent and has shown it, but is inconsistent and has had some off-ice issues.

Parise-Staal-Coyle
Kane-Koivu-Niederreiter

Kulikov-Ristolainen
Gorges-Bogosian
McCabe-Dumba

If I'm MINN I wouldn't deal Dumba straight up for Kane. Nevermind adding Zucker.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
I wouldnt deal either one for KAne...

He has to prove that he can actually play hockey first and quiet the **** up when he's off the ice

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
This doesn't help the Wild at all. Parise, Granlund, and Nino are much better LW options to have than Kane, who has zero hockey sense, a huge contract, and is a off-ice problem to boot.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
no offense but this is bad. If MN gives up dumba and zucker, then BUF creates a new package involving one or more of nylander, fasching, or asplund. MN would gladly add to get reinhart or eichel which isn't happening.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Putting the trade value aside, the Wild are in need of young centers. We have enough young wingers on the roster and trading from our blueline to add more wingers would be very suspect, IMO.

As far as the trade value, I'm not sure if Kane is being overrated or Dumba is being underrated, but it's nowhere close. Throwing in Zucker makes it even worse.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
To Buffalo:
D- M. Dumba
RW- J. Zucker

To Minnesota:
LW- E. Kane

Parise-Staal-Coyle
Kane-Koivu-Niederreiter

Kulikov-Ristolainen
Gorges-Bogosian
McCabe-Dumba

So why would MN be interested in that? Not to mention it's 2 years of Kane and then he's a UFA whereas both Dumba and Zucker are still RFA's likely cheaper combined than Kane is individually for the next 2 years.

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
I don't believe there is a single Buffalo fan who would not take this offer. so :)

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Kane is toxic right now. Why borrow trouble? Unlike Nino, who has turned out fine both on and off the ice, Kane has legitimate character concerns.

Don't see the Wild being interested at any price, let alone the two players mentioned.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Fletcher hangs up laughing. Calls back asking if Murray is high and continues laughing.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Never sure if posters on here are paying kane to babysit their kids or play hockey for their favorite team the way they spout about character issues...that bring said terrible trade for minny lol

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Terrible proposal. No more to say.

Why would Minnesota consider this ?

It doesn't even fill the Sabres needs despite clearly 'winning' the trade either.:shakehead

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
The Wild could get way more for Dba alone. They'd also have no motivation to move him for a winner.

Kane is still a decent player but his off ice activities have killed his trade value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad