Red Sox/MLB Buffalo Blue Jays - Mookie Betts agrees to sign 12-year, $365 million contract extension with LA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The new thing I got out of that is Roy Halladay had been to rehab for pain pills. I feel bad for him. Happens to so many people regardless of how much money is in their bank account.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Michael Felger took some crap for his take on Halladay. While it was a bit insensitive, he wasn’t wrong.

while I have sympathy for his situation, he could have killed innocent people.

Reactions: McGarnagle

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Michael Felger took some crap for his take on aHolliday. While it was a bit insensitive, he wasn’t wrong.

while I have sympathy for his situation, he could have killed innocent people.
I remember that. A case where everyone winds up looking awful. Felger was a bit too casual in criticizing a guy who just died, but people acted like he walked up to the window and told her her husband deserved to die to her face. The self-righteousness was as bad a look as making light of his death.

Considering we now know he was flying on amphetamines and ambien, it was incredibly dangerous of him to be in the cockpit and he could've killed others.

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
I remember that. A case where everyone winds up looking awful. Felger was a bit too casual in criticizing a guy who just died, but people acted like he walked up to the window and told her her husband deserved to die to her face. The self-righteousness was as bad a look as making light of his death.

Considering we now know he was flying on amphetamines and ambien, it was incredibly dangerous of him to be in the cockpit and he could've killed others.

Also in a plane you can fold up and tow behind your truck, which it says the designer of crashed and died in.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

Not surprised in the least. The players were too confident for there to be much about this. Taking a 2nd round pick was to be expected.

I'm sure other fans are going to be pissed about the perceived slap on the wrist, but with all of the blowback Manfred got from the Astros report, I can't imagine he went intentionally light.

I feel like it's a guarantee that Cora is back in 2021.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The violation in itself wouldn’t have warranted the docking of the 2nd rounder, however they did it after the Apple Watch stuff so I have no doubt that played role

Cora is so back in 2021

I don’t think the punishment was that bad. I don’t think the infraction committed was much of anything but I was afraid of a big overreaction after how much shit the league got over it’s handling of Houston

Reactions: Alicat

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I know the pitching sucks, but I have trouble envisioning a scenario where the Orioles are better than them.

Bridge year

giphy.gif

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Worcester update:

unlikely that Baseball will come to Worcester by 4/2021 as Polar Park is only 25% complete, and waiting on Commonwealth guidance on construction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad