Proposal: Buffalo-Anaheim

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Always enjoy talking to you.

Buffalo should (I would) take that deal as offered. The 13 year drought can't go to 14. If we have to overpay, so be it.

It would be an interesting fit for Buffalo… he’s very dynamic playmaker…. And very good at putting the defense on its heels… constantly attacking defenders 1 on 1. I still think he’s ppg upside player

Last year had a lot of injury issues (starting prior to the season starting) and was pretty snake but throughout…. I mean he had 1 pp point in 31 games… I’d be willing to bet my house on that never happening again lol

I could see Buffalo trading for Zegras with Savoie as the center piece. I don't think the add would amount to a 1st. They're both dynamic playmakers, both teams would be banking on the players taking a step forward. Both can be deceptively puckhounding because they're competitive and good skaters, and both relentlessly attack.

Zegras has experience and, one doesn't say this often, size; Savoie is cost and contract controlled.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
To Buffalo--Trevor Zegras, Alex Killorn
To Anaheim--Peyton Krebs, Henri Jokiharju, 1st Rd pick, Isak Rosen
Ho-hum, more spare parts offers from Buffalo, especially now that they seem mired in the middle making their 1st round picks perpetual mid-rounders.

Their fans offer the same spare parts for anything of value they want; the fact that they still have them after a year of offering them to everyone for everything (and allegedly so has KA. They're the same names that pop up in all the insiders' rumors) should tip them off that nobody values these assets any more than they do.

They're going to have to offer assets that hurt to get the assets they covet.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I could see Buffalo trading for Zegras with Savoie as the center piece. I don't think the add would amount to a 1st. They're both dynamic playmakers, both teams would be banking on the players taking a step forward. Both can be deceptively puckhounding because they're competitive and good skaters, and both relentlessly attack.

Zegras has experience and, one doesn't say this often, size; Savoie is cost and contract controlled.
Lol ya idk that pv would even entertain savoie based on size…. But I think savoie brings something to the line up we don’t have a ton of and that’s speed.

I think there def is a bit of a value difference… zegras has already showed the ability to translate his skill to the NHL…. Savoie is still kinda in that hoping/projecting phase that he can be something good at nhl lvl.

Zegras you’re kinda looking at an established 60 point floor, and 1st line potential… savoie is still at the end of the day a magic bean(a good magic bean)

Reactions: LuGBuG

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Lol ya idk that pv would even entertain savoie based on size…. But I think savoie brings something to the line up we don’t have a ton of and that’s speed.

I think there def is a bit of a value difference… zegras has already showed the ability to translate his skill to the NHL…. Savoie is still kinda in that hoping/projecting phase that he can be something good at nhl lvl.

Zegras you’re kinda looking at an established 60 point floor, and 1st line potential… savoie is still at the end of the day a magic bean(a good magic bean)

Agreed, I don't know that I would see either team doing it, but Savoie + something less than a 1st would be a trade that is plausible. He's Buffalo's first or second best prospect; for Anaheim he'd be behind Sennecke. So yeah, good beans is an apt description.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Buffalo is offering nothing of value beyond the first round pick that I’ll assume comes in around 16th OA in 2025 (so kinda meh).

Krebs and Rosen are your dime a dozen disappointing first round picks that aren’t developing into core or even core adjacent players. Krebs is a year away from being Tyson Jost.

This is terrible for Anaheim. It’s not even remotely close.

Unless this trade is assuming modest value for Zegras and deeply negative value for Killorn, it’s way off.

Last edited:

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Currently, Anaheim's future depth chart probably looks something like:
Gauthier Carlsson Sennecke
??? McTavish Terry
??? Zegras Colangelo

Mintyukov Luneau
Solberg Zellweger
LaCombe Hinds/Warren/Moore

Dostal
Clara/Suchanek

If Ducks can fill those roles with Vatrano/Killorn types their free agency while they're horrible, it should be easier to draw free agents when the team is good. And for the most part, they just need complimentary guys. Trading Zegras for a RW might be a little short sighted now with Sennecke in the system and Colangelo looked like he'll be an NHL forward in his limited time (probably not top 6, but could be a very solid 3rd liner). Zegras is a 2C that will probably get easier matchups at 3C because of our C depth.

Any Zegras trade has to be one that makes the team better. It's not going to be a bunch of lessee pieces just to upgrade another team. Maybe in 3-5 years if a bunch of prospects hit and Ducks can't afford everyone, but that's not a problem today. A 1st from a team that should be a playoff team, a downgrade 3C, and a depth/expendable D aren't going to cut it.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Buffalo is offering nothing of value beyond the first round pick that I’ll assume comes in around 16th OA in 2025 (so kinda meh).

Krebs and Rosen are your dime a dozen disappointing first round picks that aren’t developing into core or even core adjacent players. Krebs is a year away from being Tyson Jost.

This is terrible for Anaheim. It’s not even remotely close.

Unless this trade is assuming modest value for Zegras and deeply negative value for Killorn, it’s way off.

You can just say you don’t know who Rosen is.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
As a Sabres fan.....that is dreadful for the Ducks. A 1st, our 5th best prospect, our current 3C who may or may not have peaked and a bottom 4 RHD.

If Buffalo is serious about Zegras, it's gonna hurt.

I'm thinking a 1st, Peterka and Savoie or Kulich

Maybe that at least gets their attention.

I’m sorry, but if Adams offered that package he needs to be fired immediately.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
HE DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS NO!

Zegras shouldn't be traded after having a single down season in which he missed a lot of games from injury especially for the kind of offers posted in these forums.

Reactions: LuGBuG

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Considering Rosen to be spare parts just because he is maybe #4 or #5 on the Sabres prospect list is nonsensical when he could be #1 or #2 on many other teams. It may make him more available in the right deal, but it doesn't make his value any less. Not interested in Zegras for the price, nor is he what the Sabres need.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
That is awful for Anaheim. Anyway some team takes Krebs is not being a main type peice, guys like him to for other guys like him needing a new scene
Krebs isn't the main piece Joker would be...I don't know how people don't view him as a top 4 RD....people seem to forget that he was pretty good last season and Rosen is one our most productive forwards in the AHL. I'm continuously baffled how Joker is just thrown into every trade and people act like he's nothing.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
why would sabers fans want zegras? according to them, he's an overrated meme player
He has the playmaking and creativity to hopefully make the 3rd line click with a guy like Greenway and zucker and he also took a step up defensively but I'd rather have more of a shutdown guy that still produces at a .5ppg+ rate I see z as more of a offense creating winger rather than a center but the situation in Anaheim makes him look available I would offer krebs+25 1st+ostlund+Mccarthy and a 2nd/rosen

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Value wise this is literally fine. And if Anaheim was a contender it would make sense moving out 12 mill in cap and getting this type of assets.

But no reason for anaheim to pay to dump salary in killorn, and the upside of zegras long term is worth more to a rebuilder like anaheim.

Also this would put anaheim so far below the cap floor with all the big free agents gone basically

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
There's really 0 point to discussing a Zegras trade. Nothing about moving him makes any sense from Anaheim's perspective other than he's not "Verbeek's type of player", which 99.9% of Duck fans think is garbage. Unfortunately, there is a chance he's moved because of this, but you're not going to find a Duck fan on this site who's in favor of trading Z for anything other than in a package for a better player. Anaheim doesn't need any more prospects; they need young players who've shown potential to be future stars. That's exactly what Zegras is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad