Proposal: Buffalo-Anaheim

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
How in the heck would Zegras ever return a potential top RD its one of the hardest positions to fill in the league and he barely did anything last year.
So his first 2 years don’t matter? Not many 21/22 year olds put up back to back 60+ seasons. When he wasn’t suffering from injuries he was putting up points at the end of last season and improved defensively

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Is Cozens worth that much? I don't mind overpaying for a player who will improve our top 6 here and now.
Cozens produces at a similar rate but brings more than just offense he is a capable shutdown when tasked with that role and a physical edge that zegras doesn't have

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Cozens produces at a similar rate but brings more than just offense he is a capable shutdown when tasked with that role and a physical edge that zegras doesn't have
I just don't think there's a huge difference between them in terms of talent and value. I wanted Zegras in the draft and I've always said that, but I'm happy with Cozens. Zegras has had great 60+ point seasons in the NHL, he's a much better playmaker, a more creative player, and he seems to be starting to understand how to play defense based on those metrics. They're just different players and I don't think Cozens is that much more valuable than Zegras.

Reactions: TopShelfWaterBottle

RWatson29

Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
That is awful for Anaheim. Anyway some team takes Krebs is not being a main type peice, guys like him to for other guys like him needing a new scene

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
This premise doesn't make much sense. Anaheim doesn't really want more prospects, well they might but I don't think that's their primary concern.

The only place Buffalo can trade off its roster is LHD. So you're looking at Power/Bryam/Samuelsson as the possible NHL players. Buffalo is going to (rightly) balk at Power, Anaheim (rightly) at Samuelsson and forum users can endlessly piss in each others coffee about Bryam.

But it all continues to be even a bigger mismatch because ANA doesn't want a LHD, they want a righty. They only have one on their roster; a prospect in Luneau they're pretty high on, Warren who they hope turns things around, and a Harvard guy who's like a maybe.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
What, hypothetically, does ANA want for Z?
I’m against moving zegras personally, but for the sake of the trade boards willing to discuss it. But I don’t think he’s realistically available.

Killorn I also don’t really see as available, I think he’s seen as a locker room leader the young guys can learn from.

So if we’re just specifically talking zegras

I’d prob be targeting savoie, quinn or peternka

I’m sure Sabre fans don’t want to move them and that’s fine, I don’t want to move zegras…. And especially if people are going to try to value him like Montreal fans after an injury plague season… would rather hold on and see what he does this season with a full camp + healthy season

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
I just don't think there's a huge difference between them in terms of talent and value. I wanted Zegras in the draft and I've always said that, but I'm happy with Cozens. Zegras has had great 60+ point seasons in the NHL, he's a much better playmaker, a more creative player, and he seems to be starting to understand how to play defense based on those metrics. They're just different players and I don't think Cozens is that much more valuable than Zegras.
Zegras is the more dynamic player for sure and Iiked zegras better as well but ifeel cozens does so much more for us I think the spots that cozens found a way to thrive on this team where zegras might have drowned. I think zegs is more dynamic and upped his defense but feel the power two way game cozens plays is more beneficial 3 years ago his role was a shut down center on a putrid Sabres team then the year after had 30 goals and nearly 70 points while good but not as great the year before this year 20 goals 40 points and alright defense better than the year before I feel like while zegras is improving his defense cozens if improving the effectiveness of his all-round game I think he has top 5 defensive center in him while being 50-70 point guy zegras has better hands,vision and creativity and I think would look great with cozens actually but I think if you were to ask gm's who they'd rather have it would be cozens due to similar production and Dylan impacting the game in a multitude of ways. I would trade Rosen, 25 1st, 2nd, and Krebs straight up for zegs alone if we really wanted zegs we could throw in ostlund or a 26 1st as well

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
As a Sabres fan.....that is dreadful for the Ducks. A 1st, our 5th best prospect, our current 3C who may or may not have peaked and a bottom 4 RHD.

If Buffalo is serious about Zegras, it's gonna hurt.

I'm thinking a 1st, Peterka and Savoie or Kulich

Maybe that at least gets their attention.

Lol.. the original offer won't cut it... but if you think Zegras pulls a First .. Peterka and a top prospect that is just as delusional

Reactions: KrakenSabresMike

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I’m against moving zegras personally, but for the sake of the trade boards willing to discuss it. But I don’t think he’s realistically available.

Killorn I also don’t really see as available, I think he’s seen as a locker room leader the young guys can learn from.

So if we’re just specifically talking zegras

I’d prob be targeting savoie, quinn or peternka

I’m sure Sabre fans don’t want to move them and that’s fine, I don’t want to move zegras…. And especially if people are going to try to value him like Montreal fans after an injury plague season… would rather hold on and see what he does this season with a full camp + healthy season
On the contrary, Savoie is available.

Ignoring Killorn and focusing on Zegras (and assuming there's an appetite),

Savoie+1st(lets say top 10 protection) +one of Jokiharju or Ryan Johnson?

Last edited:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
On the contrary, Savoie is available.

Ignoring Killorn and focusing on Zegras (and assuming there's an appetite),

Savoie+1st(lets say top 10 protection) +one of Jokiharju or Ryan Johnson?
I’d call that a strong offer for sure, in terms of value I’d prob even say Anaheim would have to throw something back

Idk that majority of Buffalo fans would be on board but I think that’s prob in the reality of what it would cost to get us to move zegras.

Reactions: Gabrielor

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I’d call that a strong offer for sure, in terms of value I’d prob even say Anaheim would have to throw something back

Idk that majority of Buffalo fans would be on board but I think that’s prob in the reality of what it would cost to get us to move zegras.
Always enjoy talking to you.

Buffalo should (I would) take that deal as offered. The 13 year drought can't go to 14. If we have to overpay, so be it.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Always enjoy talking to you.

Buffalo should (I would) take that deal as offered. The 13 year drought can't go to 14. If we have to overpay, so be it.
It would be an interesting fit for Buffalo… he’s very dynamic playmaker…. And very good at putting the defense on its heels… constantly attacking defenders 1 on 1. I still think he’s ppg upside player

Last year had a lot of injury issues (starting prior to the season starting) and was pretty snake but throughout…. I mean he had 1 pp point in 31 games… I’d be willing to bet my house on that never happening again lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad