Proposal: BUF / WPG

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Don't like it for the Sabres...

I don't see either Ehlers or Iafallo as a pressing need for Buffalo, and I think signing Ehlers to an extension would turn out about as well as the Okposo and Skinner signings

Same. Doesn’t address their need for a center, it actually makes it worse and it moves one of their best trade chips in making that hole bigger.

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Same. Doesn’t address their need for a center, it actually makes it worse and it moves one of their best trade chips in making that whole bigger.
Yeah I'm not saying I would or wouldn't do the above deal, just gauging value. But if Adams is in the market for a top-6 forward, the deal is likely going to look something like this.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
:sabres

Nikolaj Ehlers (extension in place)
Alex Iafallo

:jets

2024 1st (#11)
Peyton Krebs
Henri Jokiharju

NTC aside, curious to see what others think of the value here.
Not moving 110A for a 1-2 yr rental.

Then you have a C and RD hole

This takes up just about all of their cap space so thryarr in the under $2M contracts.

If you want an extended Rhlers you are going to need to move Peterka or Quinn by next summer because you wont have the cap space

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Shouldn't one of the objectives this off-season be to clear a roster spot on the wing in order for one of our high-octane prospects to be able to become the next Ehlers but on an ELC?

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
No it can't, that's the point. It's not like Buffalo doesn't have the assets, just wait until July 1st then talk to Ehlers legally

Yes it can, it just can't be signed. It's not like talking to a pending UFA on another team, that would be tampering, and you can't tamper with your own player. If winnipeg gave Buffalo permission to frame out a contract, it wouldn't be against the rules. Ehlers wouldn't be able to sign it until July 1 and Buffalo wouldn't be able to hold him to it if he changed his mind.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Shouldn't one of the objectives this off-season be to clear a roster spot on the wing in order for one of our high-octane prospects to be able to become the next Ehlers but on an ELC?
I think the main target is to reach the playoffs and improve the roster.

DickSmehlik

Oct 23, 2006
The Empire State
Elhers injury history concerns me. Prior to this past season, he went 5 straight seasons missing significant time.

He'll want a lot of money for a guy who spends a good chunk of each season in the press box.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
That’s a 25-26 plan when Skinner’s buyout becomes much more of an issue

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
No it can't, that's the point. It's not like Buffalo doesn't have the assets, just wait until July 1st then talk to Ehlers legally
LMAO, you know the NHL can’t control the tampering and even they know it. That’s why there were giant contracts handed out in free agency a minute after it started. That’s why they gave up and added the “Negotiation Period. I don’t see why you are trying to make it a big deal. It’s a fantasy board have a little fun.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad