Confirmed Buy-Out [BUF] Sabres buy out F Jeff Skinner

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Sabres take a hit but have cap space to handle it. Someone will sign him as he can provide some offense.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Oh I’m serious. I was pissed when they traded them and then he proceeded to score 40 plus goals WTF

Before trading him, the Canes missed the playoffs 9 straight years. After trading him, the Canes went to the ECF in the first year, have made the playoffs and won at least 1 round for 6 straight years and have appeared in another ECF.

Granted, that isn't because of trading Skinner, but his game does not mesh with what the Canes do today. He's one of the worst defensive forwards in the NHL.

He's certainly fun to watch offensively though and a top notch goal scorer.

Reactions: luiginb

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Before trading him, the Canes missed the playoffs 9 straight years. After trading him, the Canes went to the ECF in the first year, have made the playoffs and won at least 1 round for 6 straight years and have appeared in another ECF.

Granted, that isn't because of trading Skinner, but his game does not mesh with what the Canes do today. He's one of the worst defensive forwards in the NHL.

Best mohawks in the league!

In the extremely unlikely event of Skinner's return to Carolina, we need an over/under number of games before Rod launches him into orbit.

Reactions: VaporTrail

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
He is that bad, eh?

Last season (and the Krueger years which need an asterisk) he was. Yes he has always been a major detriment on team defense. But he used to make up for that by being a relentless puckhounding, penalty drawing, crap stirring, figure skating, mad man. And putting pucks in the net. He was frustrating yet fun to watch.

This past season, more importantly than the goals which were always streaky, the foot speed, effort, and feistiness disappeared which played a large part in rendering him ineffective.

Either it's a sign of the natural decline in an aging and already flawed player or he was playing through injury.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cirris

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Last season (and the Krueger years which need an asterisk) he was. Yes he has always been a major detriment on team defense. But he used to make up for that by being a relentless puckhounding, penalty drawing, crap stirring, figure skating, mad man. And putting pucks in the net. He was frustrating yet fun to watch.

This past season, more importantly than the goals which were always streaky, the foot speed, effort, and feistiness disappeared which played a large part in rendering him ineffective.

Either it's a sign of the natural decline in an aging and already flawed player or he was playing through injury.
Which he himself claimed wasn’t the case when it would have been such an easy out for him. Skinny has always been a class act and a high character guy.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
If I were a GM I wouldn't want him on my team even if he was paying me. There's good reason he's never made the playoffs and it goes beyond playing on crappy teams.

sd1976

Mar 14, 2008
That's where I say he goes for like 3 or 4 million per year
More like 1-1.5. One year show me deal on a team where he can light it up playing with a marner who could help to shelter him defensively and thrive offensively. Seems like a perfect fit.

domi matthews nylander
Skinner Tavares Marner
Knies ??? Jarnkrok

That’s an excellent top 9 depending on who can slot into the 3rd line centre role. Right now it’s holmberg which isn’t the best, but could be worse as well.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC

Yawn. Don't people like you love to say "correlation is not causation"? Yeah, I'm sure it was all the goals he was scoring that kept us out of the playoffs, not hiring shit coaches and goaltenders like Scott f***ing Darling

IMG_1832.jpeg

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Yawn. Don't people like you love to say "correlation is not causation"? Yeah, I'm sure it was all the goals he was scoring that kept us out of the playoffs, not hiring shit coaches and goaltenders like Scott f***ing Darling

View attachment 891079
Yawn. He was bought out by one of the worst teams in the league and Rod couldn’t wait to get rid of him.

And you ignored my comment about missing playoffs that said: “Granted, that isn't because of trading Skinner, but his game does not mesh with what the Canes do today.”

He’s a great goal scorer, but he sucks defensively and needs to be sheltered. All the data and eye test supports that. Not someone who you pay top dollar to.

At a low salary, he should do well in Edmonton.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad