Proposal: Buf - Phi

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
It would not.

Flyers need top 6 C prospects, not more depth defenseman and middle 6 upside wingers, especially for a cost controlled top 6 winger with further upside.

I don’t bother without Kulich or Ostlund being in the package.
Fair enough. Value-wise it looked legit but wasn't aware there was a push to acquire center prospects. I still have some faith in Krebs as well, but that might be foolish optimism at this point.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Danny Briere will be looking at acquiring a C to accompany Michkov. I don't think Buffalo would be ready to part any of their high ranking Centre's.
Krebs in the future could hasn't but the tools in the toolbox quite yet but still has a chance he is a tenacious center that never quits and plays both sides of the puck while he has decent skills he lacks in transition, playing with michkov will fix that as Krebs won't have to worry about being the play driver on his line he has great passing ability when he takes a look problem is he always plays in a rush and doesn't wait or use his puck skills to escape for the time and space to do so. He is great on the forecheck and wins board battles he is a good player problem is he only produced at a 4th line rate due to being 4c for a majority of the season until the mitts deal and with McLeod he has been surpassed, there is a more clear path at Philly for him to grow into a solid mid six buzzsaw c with passing ability he will have a bigger role and better situation to produce more sounds like a fit for michkov and could exceed expectations and become a top six c. Btw I would also add a 25 1st for farabee unprotected of course.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Farabee for Krebs + 2nd

I feel like Briere is looking at Krebs and he still has potential.

Farabee is on the outs in Philly for some reason.

Krebs stinks. No idea why the Flyers would have interest. Farabee is a lot better.

Flyers wouldn’t do this. Not a terrible offer, but not going to move the needle for us to move Farabee.

And to the original post, anything with Forester is of the table. Him and Michkov are basically untouchable right now.

Guys the Flyers could look to move. Laughton, Ristolainen in the short term.TK is a maybe if contract negotiations sour, but that probably won’t happen either.

Calling Foerster untouchable is laughable.

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
Krebs in the future could hasn't but the tools in the toolbox quite yet but still has a chance he is a tenacious center that never quits and plays both sides of the puck while he has decent skills he lacks in transition, playing with michkov will fix that as Krebs won't have to worry about being the play driver on his line he has great passing ability when he takes a look problem is he always plays in a rush and doesn't wait or use his puck skills to escape for the time and space to do so. He is great on the forecheck and wins board battles he is a good player problem is he only produced at a 4th line rate due to being 4c for a majority of the season until the mitts deal and with McLeod he has been surpassed, there is a more clear path at Philly for him to grow into a solid mid six buzzsaw c with passing ability he will have a bigger role and better situation to produce more sounds like a fit for michkov and could exceed expectations and become a top six c. Btw I would also add a 25 1st for farabee unprotected of course.
This is a fantastic analysis of Krebs' game currently.

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
A deal starting around Krebs and Buffalo's '25 #1 for Farabee would make a lot more sense than purely player-for-player deals. This year, Krebs would facilitate either moving Laughton to LW or trading him for assets, and would leave us with Couturier/Frost/Poehling/Krebs down the middle, which while not amazing is still a start.

We could use the additional draft ammo to try and get a center from the second tier of names (I don't expect Buffalo to win the lottery or anything like that, but I could see a top-2 protection just in case.) And if we're really lucky, we'll suck and can use our own pick to get one from the top tier as well.

zizbuka

Apr 4, 2017
Not saying you're wrong, but it's absurd to have Foerster and Michkov on the same level.

Foerster scored at a 4th line level at age 22.

Foerster isn't dynamic like Michkov, but man he has good instincts. I could see him being a 30 goal guy, with great defensive. I came out of last season with him being the biggest mover. Love his game.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Foerster isn't dynamic like Michkov, but man he has good instincts. I could see him being a 30 goal guy, with great defensive. I came out of last season with him being the biggest mover. Love his game.
He was a legitimate 2way play-driver, a role I never would've thought he'd play.

freester

Mar 22, 2014
Atlanta, Ga
A deal starting around Krebs and Buffalo's '25 #1 for Farabee would make a lot more sense than purely player-for-player deals. This year, Krebs would facilitate either moving Laughton to LW or trading him for assets, and would leave us with Couturier/Frost/Poehling/Krebs down the middle, which while not amazing is still a start.

We could use the additional draft ammo to try and get a center from the second tier of names (I don't expect Buffalo to win the lottery or anything like that, but I could see a top-2 protection just in case.) And if we're really lucky, we'll suck and can use our own pick to get one from the top tier as

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Lol, the Flyers love Laughton.

"I was upfront with him," Briere said. "I told him that I wasn't shopping him. I wasn't going to trade him for fair value because he's more than fair value to us. The intangibles that he brings to the locker room is something that has no price. The other teams don't see that, but we do. I told him that we're not going to trade you if it’s just a fair trade. Someone would have to overstep and really knock it out of the ballpark for us to consider it.

"I did listen. I had a lot of teams interested in him, as you can imagine. ... But not good enough for us to let a player like that go, that is critical to the development of our locker room and the guys around him."
Well shit…

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Sabres aren't looking for Laughton to be clear. We can put Ostlund on the table but you're not going to see a high pick accompanying

Feb 5, 2016
Krebs and Jokiharju are in every Sabres proposal.

The market for those players will eventually erode into little to no value, especially Jokiharju at his current salary $3.1mil as a pending UFA next offseason.

HighOFFHockey

Co-Founder of The Flyers Nitty Gritty
Aug 24, 2008
Philadelphia
flyersnittygritty.com
Not saying you're wrong, but it's absurd to have Foerster and Michkov on the same level.

Foerster scored at a 4th line level at age 22.
Didn’t say they were, but clearly you didn’t watch Foerster this year. He was elite defensively this year, especially for a rookie. Top 3 best defensive analytics for any forward in the year. Looked like the best player on the team several times through out the year.

Not sure how many 4th line players have 20 goals so I don’t know what you mean by 4th line production…kid had a monster 21-22 year old season when you look at his two way play. Tbh, he should have finished 3rd in rookie voting. If he didn’t go through the dry-spill in the first 20 games. He would have gotten close to 30 goals. That’s just not a player you move.

Michkov is a franchise player.
Foerster is what flyers fans hope can turn into their version of Mark Stone. Not a guy you look to move.

As local Flyers media, I don’t agree with the Farabee narrative at all. I see no evidence flyers are looking to move him. Especially considering he’s 6th in scoring from his draft class. If they would move him it would be for a top 6 C at a similar age (Like Zegras). And I would understand why the other team wouldn’t want to make that trade due to C being the more valuable position.

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Didn’t say they were, but clearly you didn’t watch Foerster this year. He was elite defensively this year, especially for a rookie. Top 3 best defensive analytics for any forward in the year. Looked like the best player on the team several times through out the year.

Not sure how many 4th line players have 20 goals so I don’t know what you mean by 4th line production…kid had a monster 21-22 year old season when you look at his two way play. Tbh, he should have finished 3rd in rookie voting. If he didn’t go through the dry-spill in the first 20 games. He would have gotten close to 30 goals. That’s just not a player you move.

Foerster is what flyers fans hope can turn into their version of Mark Stone. Not a guy you look to move.

As local Flyers media, I don’t agree with the Farabee narrative at all. I see no evidence flyers are looking to move him. Especially considering he’s 6th in scoring from his draft class. If they would move him it would be for a top 6 C at a similar age (Like Zegras). And I would understand why the other team wouldn’t want to make that trade due to C being the more valuable position.
Agree, was very impressed with Foerster, one the only players I'm excited to watch next year outside Michkov.

Jimmybarndoor2

Jul 24, 2021
Flyers and Sabres are in same place looking to get into playoffs

The coaches have similar coaching styles. They will not be trade partners in the pre season. Maybe at the deadline. But not now

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018

I think Foerster and Michkov could complement each other really, really well

Reactions: 10YearsAfter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad