Confirmed Trade: [BUF/NYI] Johnny Boychuk for future considerations

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cuphead

Jul 16, 2010
This should be illegal tbh. Boychuk's contract shouldn't count if he doesn't play IMO

why? he's getting paid.

all the NHLPA cares about is the players getting the negotiated percentage of revenue. they don't care who gets paid.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Kevin Adams is a really really really really bad GM. He could easy squeezed out a 2nd or 3rd pick. But here comws Lou with the unbelivable win. One summer and he cleans out Ladd, boychuk, Eberles contract. Wow.

Last edited:

Ice Mammoth

Mar 14, 2021
Now the New York Islanders has a seat.
I would laugh at the deal proposal (without accurately considering the real value of the players):

NEW YORK ISLANDERS
Mark Giordano $6,750,000 @50% ret UFA 2022.
Jordan Eberle $5,500,000 @50% ret UFA 2024.

SEATTLE KRAKEN
1st 2022
1st 2023

Stanley Cup can get closer for one of the teams. ;)

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Kevin Adams is a really really really really bad GM. He could easy squeezed out a 2nd or 3rd pick. But here comws Lou with the unbelivable win. One summer and he cleans out Ladd, boychuk, Eberles contract. Wow.

It's an LTIRetirement contract. It brings effectively no trouble for the Isles and their cap. It's when you trade a healthy player who happens to be crazy overpaid (like Ladd) when you're forced to trade picks to get rid of them.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
To me teams should reach the floor with real contracts from players who play. It would contribute to anti tanking

Why is tanking such a big deal? It's one less team to compete against for the playoffs. If some team wants to intentionally create a losing cloud in their locker room and roll the dice on the draft lottery, I don't see why it makes everyone else so mad.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
I would laugh at the deal proposal (without accurately considering the real value of the players):

NEW YORK ISLANDERS

SEATTLE KRAKEN
1st 2022
1st 2023

Isles would have no interest in bringing back Ebs at this point.

Nothing against him, good player and great guy but he was exposed for a reason. Got squeezed out and did not fit in the Isles' style.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017

NEW YORK ISLANDERS

SEATTLE KRAKEN
1st 2022
1st 2023

If NYI make such a huge splash it'd better be for Lindholm + Rakell.

Reactions: danteipp

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
Why is tanking such a big deal? It's one less team to compete against for the playoffs. If some team wants to intentionally create a losing cloud in their locker room and roll the dice on the draft lottery, I don't see why it makes everyone else so mad.

TBH I have nothing against tanking, but I think using "ghost" players shouldn't be allowed. There's a reason why there's a salary floor and I think players who don't play shouldn't be able to help teams reach the floor. To me it's a way to go around the rules and it should be considered as excessive tanking. Doesn't make me mad by any means, it's just my .02 on the subject and I believe it's a fair point, whether you agree or not.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Can’t blame him when he knows he won’t be around when most of these long-term contracts start to get bad.

Isles fans escape another bad signing. Sometimes you get lucky, other times you lose a star D like Toews because Lou would rather overpay Komarov.

Wait, what? Toews is a star D? Since when?

Valuable? Yes. Star? No. He's a solid 3/4 guy. Also, as mentioned, Boychuk wasn't a Lamoriello deal. He also just signed the two best defensemen to great contracts, soooo...

member 334057

TBH I have nothing against tanking, but I think using "ghost" players shouldn't be allowed. There's a reason why there's a salary floor and I think players who don't play shouldn't be able to help teams reach the floor. To me it's a way to go around the rules and it should be considered as excessive tanking. Doesn't make me mad by any means, it's just my .02 on the subject and I believe it's a fair point, whether you agree or not.
The same could be said then for LTIR contracts for players who are clearly retired and never playing again but not officially announcing it to keep their team below the cap. Leaving the player on LTIR and them just holding off on sending their official retirement letter to the NHL would also be just as bad would it not?

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Toronto Maple Leafs have let Lou Lamoriello go in order to make Kyle Dubas their General Manager.

I kid you not.
Booted Babcock out of town for not playing Matthews and Marner together and playing Hyman too much as well. Now they want Matthews and Marner separated and if they could have afforded would have played Hyman just as much still.

Reactions: Archijerej

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad