Confirmed Trade: [BUF/EDM] Ryan McLeod and Tyler Tullio for Matt Savoie

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
You do need guys like McLeod to win but more than that you need to score goals to win, and the Sabres were 22nd in GF last season.

Just doesn’t seem like the time to be selling higher end skill for bottom 6 glue type guys.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
How are people this shocked about a big return for a center after seeing massive contracts for centers and massive trade returns for centers.

Mcleod was 100% worth a 1st++.

25, excellent defensively and on the kill, one of the better skaters in the league. quality 3Cs are a rare commodity
Lol newsflash man. McLeod is not a centre!

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
I don't want to go any deeper into McLeod's flaws. I think he is a good player, but he didn't do half of what you are suggesting he did in the playoffs.
I think he did all that.

only issue was consistency, his quality is there. we have all seen it

our bottom 6 is going to play very differently next year with Foegele/McLeod gone and we will notice it

sportsdynasty

Mar 31, 2011
www.nhltraderumors.me
100% McLeod is better than Henrique.

I like Holloway, but all of the other 4 are old, and dont play the game like McLeod does. Feet always moving trying to make something happen. None have close to the motor McLeod has, and come playoff time you need more those guys.
Henrique is a 30 goal scorer. McCloud is a 10 goal scorer. Henrique scored big goals in the playoffs. McCloud did nothing in the playoffs.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Yup, McLeod was a fine player, he isn't a #3 C, but he was a fine player. I like him quite a bit in the regular season in fact. Hate him in the playoffs, but that isn't really his fault. He just isn't a scrappy player that can win battles, he just isn't. He can help Buffalo win some games in the regular season though for sure. I'd play him at wing, but maybe Buffalo's C depth is really bad, I don't know their team well enough to comment on itit.
Had he scored a a couple timely goals like Janmark and Brown in playoffs he would have been fine to keep and fans would have loved him.
It's a game of inches and McLeod came up short time after time. Beside Oilers just couldn't afford his contract after the free agent signings.

Kulak will be gone next

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
100% - he is a demon on the forecheck and back check. You need players like him with speed and heart to win come playoff time. Not saying he’s the sole reason the Oilers went far last season but he was a piece of the puzzle, and now that piece is gone and hasn’t been replaced.
Dude, I have no idea who you are, but I’ve seen pretty much every game Ryan McLeod has played as an Oiler.

He’s a lot of good things, but a difference maker is not remotely one of them. He is likely the most replaceable Oiler left on the roster after July 1.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
100% McLeod is better than Henrique.

I like Holloway, but all of the other 4 are old, and dont play the game like McLeod does. Feet always moving trying to make something happen. None have close to the motor McLeod has, and come playoff time you need more those guys.
McLeod is so much better than Henrique he lost his job in the playoffs too him and the team was better when we did so.
McLeod was healthy scratched and getting limited minutes on the 4th line cause he was getting outplayed by guys like Henrique, Brown and Janmark

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Buffalo got raked over the coals and then got hit by an EF5 tornado and then pissed on by Rosie O'Donnell.

For how much you need a 3rd line centre, they are always a dime-a-dozen on the UFA market every single year and I like Ryan McLeod. This could be a trade that potentially gets Adams fired it is that awful.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I don’t think you can blame “nervousness” when

im not sure how you blame “nervousness” when it was his 4th playoffs and he’s now played 56 playoff games. Sure Holloway had some obvious jitters, but McLeod was just being the same player who’s not willing to engage physically that he’s always been.
Maybe nervousness is the wrong word, but it seemed to me he was cracking under pressure and needed a reset, which is exactly what Knob gave him.

Experienced or not, that can happen to players. Still happens to Nurse all the time lol.

Yes though, not engaging physically is probably who he is at this point. I have some sympathy for him in some regard though, Knob never put an emphasis on that kind of physicality.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I would assume that Tullio is part of the deal to open a spot in Bako for Savoie.
Tullio was likely scouted by BUF and is a pretty good prospect on his own. He was more than just a roster spot move. We probably walked away from Carter Savoie to make room for Matthew Savoie in AHL

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
???

This is a move that will allow EDM to have a strong offensive cost controlled player ready for the roster when Draisaitl and McDavid sign their extensions.

Quote from Draisaitls agent today to German pressView attachment 892663
0.0 Draisaitl is signing in Edmonton.

He’s going to join a loaded Blackhawks lineup and join Bedard or go play with his buddy Pastrnak

Feel bad for Edmonton but he gone

Feb 5, 2016
Oh just kill me. Now that’s all I’ll be thinking about.
You’ll be alright dawg.

The Sabres got a PKer that can take the difficult draws in the defensive zone in McLeod and an AHL lifer in Tullio.

Matthew Savoie might not play in the NHL as a centre but as a RW.

Savoie does have some skills but he needs to get way stronger if he wants to carve out a career in the NHL.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Had he scored a a couple timely goals like Janmark and Brown in playoffs he would have been fine to keep and fans would have loved him.
It's a game of inches and McLeod came up short time after time. Beside Oilers just couldn't afford his contract after the free agent signings.

Kulak will be gone next
I still think it will be Ceci. Kulak is one of the best bottom pair anchors in the league, and we will need that if our bottom pair is going to have one of Josh Brown or Troy Stecher on a nightly basis.

Reactions: MessierII

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
He uses it well to get the upper hand when driving to the net with the puck, I know he isn’t the smartest player but just because hems not on your team anymore doesn’t mean he’s a bad player.

Lol are we even talking about the same player?! 😂

McLeod driving the net. Next you'll tell me he throws body checks. Or pigs fly. Or cheese is made from calculators.

• Haha
Reactions: Davo Ikinzom

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
He wasn't better defensively. He had quite a few boneheaded turnovers during the regular season that lead to goals. It wasn't til his screwup to Garland in Game 7 that he finally got benched for it. It was looooong overdue.
His +/- improved and he gave away less pucks than before his brother got charged.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad