Confirmed Trade: [BUF/EDM] Ryan McLeod and Tyler Tullio for Matt Savoie

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Such a crazy move that IMO it confirms Adams is feeling the heat for the team to perform this coming season.

Unfortunately, this is the exact shortsighted trade that kills rebuilds

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

larek

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
McLeod legitimately has the least snarl out of everyone that was on the Oilers roster last year. I know it’s not what Buffalo fans want to hear, but he couldn’t battle his way out of a wet paper bag. He’s a depth scorer who can skate, but will shy away from any contact
Because he's weak physically
Work out put on some muscle and weight for God's sake

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
There are many NHL players with hands of stone ( shout out to Duran) or who have slow hands
It's getting increasingly rarer and rarer. And there are super skilled guys who can't even crack an NHL lineup because they're lacking in other areas of the game. Basically skill isn't hard to come by now, what teams want are complete package players.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Buffalo traded from a surplus of assets for something they were sorely lacking. Winning hockey games >>>> losing hockey trades. They want a team that's a PITA to play against, and Mcleod fits that mold. Edmonton got great value, but 3Cs with some snarl aren't cheap. Glad Savoie is going out west, atleast.

Who’s the 3C with snarl? McLeod? Ryan McLeod?

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
You literally just said "Savoie is a bust".
No I didn't, the guy you replied to did. I said he has bust written all over him, I think he'll end up a bust, but I don't think it's too late for him to develop into a successful NHL player.

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Because he's weak physically
Work out put on some muscle and weight for God's sake
That's not it. He's scared of contact.

That can change, though. McLeod still has the makings of a solid NHLer, but he needs to get past that mental block. A trade may be what was needed (kind of like Andrew Cogliano way back when.)

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I like it for both sides, fair trade. One side get a prospect it can’t get very easily these days, and the other gets a valuable player that goes right into their lineup who’s still young. One is more proven with the lower ceiling, the other may have the higher ceiling but there’s no way to know if he’s going to come close to it. You give to get. Edm also gets some salary relief short term.

Reactions: Zman5778

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
If this guy thinks that Savoie could be a centerpiece in a Draisaitl trade then I question if he's ever watched a hockey game in his life.
Savoie is a local Edmonton kid who was closely followed here around his draft year. Oilers also has/had his brother in the organization.

I guess the hype is still there from his pre BUF years.

If he can overcome his size he could be a good 2C in this league

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Manitoba
No I didn't, the guy you replied to did. I said he has bust written all over him, I think he'll end up a bust, but I don't think it's too late for him to develop into a successful NHL player.
Please, tell us why you believe he's going to be a bust without stating his size.

I can guarantee you that you've never watched Savoie play, but you still think he's going to be a bust

Reactions: Oilhawks

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Bowman is coming lol
connor-mc-gregor-gtfo.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Bond

habsterr

Jan 5, 2014
Edmonton
The last time a prospect of this “calibre” was traded out of nowhere like this was when Griffin Reinhart was moved to Edmonton. Buffalo clearly knows something about Savoie that others don’t. Otherwise you ride it out with a prospect you drafted 9th overall. I love this move for Buffalo.

Small offensive forwards aren’t how you win in he NHL now.
Terrible post. Even if Savoie busts, McLeod is bottom 6 player that needed to be cap dumped. This has Gomez-Mcdonagh trade level stupidity in it.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Ok so he is not a NHL player ? Weird trade then
He is an NHL player but he is limited offensively. He definitely doesn't create offense. Unless you have a Draisaitl or McDavid you can put him on the wing with once inawhile. His big problem is when he plays center he creates nothing. The Oilers wanted him to be their third line center but he couldn't do it. If I was Buffalo I would like to think you could include a prospect of that level in a deal for a more impactful player. I like McLeod, just shocked they could get anything of that level of value for him.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Savoie is a local Edmonton kid who was closely followed here around his draft year. Oilers also has/had his brother in the organization.

I guess the hype is still there from his pre BUF years.

If he can overcome his size he could be a good 2C in this league
Very tall task. I think he could do it on a team like Edmonton though, out him on a line with Draisaitl and he's probably got enough skill to keep up. I doubt he has much success on a team where he doesn't have a HHOFer driving the offense on his line though.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
I think Buffalo has enough players with that type of skill set (Peterka, Benson, Quinn, Kulich) they need some guys to fill out the bottom 6 and play that style that aren’t just completely shot (thinking if guys they brought in like Gionta).

Now if they can also get a right shot defender to replace Jokiharju, that would be fantastic.

Reactions: Mr Positive

McMoMoney29

Aug 18, 2014
Last thing I expected…. I definitely wouldn’t even say McLeod is a 3rd line center, maybe he can get there but… Savoie can ripe in the minors no rush at all I think this will turn out well for the oilers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad