Dreger: Buchnevich is likely to be traded

Leviathan

Nov 25, 2008
Didn't see a thread for this one, hope I didn't miss it. Last night on OverDrive (TSN 1050) Dreger said he expects Armstrong to trade Pavel Buchnevich

I have listened to the clip and he does indeed say this. at about 5 mins 30 secs in

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Play

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Army always keeps his cards close to his chest. He’s not leaking anything.

Per JR in the Athletic today:

“So it shouldn’t come as a surprise that, according to a league source, the Blues aren’t actively shopping Buchnevich.

But they are listening, which they’d be foolish not to, considering the current state of the trade market, with very few true difference makers available.

The source said the club would have to be wowed by an offer to even consider it.

However, while Armstrong may not be actively looking to part with Buchnevich, another thing to keep in mind is that other clubs are operating as if it’s a possibility. There were scouts on the Blues’ recent road trip to Buffalo, Montreal and Toronto keeping an eye on the winger.”

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Chris Johnson of The Athletic "The Blues are going to need a haul to move him now - think a package that exceeds the return Calgary got from Vancouver for Elias Lindholm"

Unless the Blues get wowed by a offer they should totally keep him until they get one.

• Wow
Reactions: BHD

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Which of the contenders/playoff teams even have the right assets to get this deal done?

Rangers maybe, if Blues still really dig Kakko +++ or something?

Detroit could get it done. They've got all sorts of top tier trade chips with Edvinsson/Kasper/Danielson/ASP. But would they really go there for a winger?

Dallas might have some pieces depending on how St.Louis view Mavrik/Stankoven, but i'm not sure they'd move them either. Again, not for another winger.

Jets aren't really the type of organization to move top prospects for short term solutions generally.

Bruins and Avs really need a Center more anyway.

Canes don't make those sort of megadeals.

Vegas and Edmonton have completely empty cupboards and Vancouver already blew their "Lindholm return" on...well...Lindholm, who they needed badly as a Center.

No idea what the Kings are doing.

It's just really hard to see where the fit is going to be to give up an absolute haul for Buchnevich from a playoff team.

Reactions: Blueswin and hn777

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
While Dreger is dogshit, if Blues are going the rebuild route then now it's time to sell him. He's such a good player too.

Reactions: jaric1862

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Army always keeps his cards close to his chest. He’s not leaking anything.

Per JR in the Athletic today:

“So it shouldn’t come as a surprise that, according to a league source, the Blues aren’t actively shopping Buchnevich.

But they are listening, which they’d be foolish not to, considering the current state of the trade market, with very few true difference makers available.

The source said the club would have to be wowed by an offer to even consider it.

However, while Armstrong may not be actively looking to part with Buchnevich, another thing to keep in mind is that other clubs are operating as if it’s a possibility. There were scouts on the Blues’ recent road trip to Buffalo, Montreal and Toronto keeping an eye on the winger.”

Hm I wonder how they know that those scouts were keeping an eye specifically on that Winger. And not one of the other 40ish players dressed that game.

Why does stl need to shed cash?

Just something I heard during the attempted Parayko dump last year. Could be wrong tho.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Which of the contenders/playoff teams even have the right assets to get this deal done?

Detroit could get it done. They've got all sorts of top tier trade chips with Edvinsson/Kasper/Danielson/ASP. But would they really go there for a winger?

Dallas might have some pieces depending on how St.Louis view Mavrik/Stankoven, but i'm not sure they'd move them either. Again, not for another winger.

Jets aren't really the type of organization to move top prospects for short term solutions generally.

Vegas and Edmonton have completely empty cupboards and Vancouver already blew their "Lindholm return" on...well...Lindholm, who they needed badly as a Center.

It's just really hard to see where the fit is going to be to give up an absolute haul for Buchnevich from a playoff team.
Vancouver has willinder

Hm I wonder how they know that those scouts were keeping an eye specifically on that Winger. And not one of the other 40ish players dressed that game.

Just something I heard during the attempted Parayko dump last year. Could be wrong tho.
There has never been an attempted parayko dump...lmfao. we tried to get rid of krug cause he aint good.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005

None of those 4 are moving for a soon to be 29yo winger.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver has willinder

There has never been an attempted parayko dump...lmfao. we tried to get rid of krug cause he aint good.

I just have a really hard time seeing Vancouver going that "all in" to move Willander. Management has more or less stated as much.

If the Blues wanted to listen on Lekkerimaki+ then sure. But i feel like Willander has to be one of the untouchable assets in the system. He's just way too important.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
None of those 4 are moving for a soon to be 29yo winger.

I mean...yeah. Probably not. That's what i'm saying.

I just don't see a team out there that is positioned to move the sort of pieces like that, which would spur the Blues to actually move Buchnevich. If they're truly after an absolute "haul" like that.

He's a great player...but he's ultimately still just a winger with only a year remaining to a bigtime UFA payday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad