OT: Buccaneers, Rays & Other Tampa Bay Sports Teams

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Lesko is going into the Rays pitching lab... dude is gonna be a stud in 2 years. Bush is speedy defensive OF, and Gonzales is just a catching prospect that we lack and only 18 years old. getting all that for a reliever is nuts
I'm not trying to be a jerk about it. But if we are going to be selling off like this, get better quality. Baz and Meadows for Archer was still better than any of this. I am counting the days until we blow out Lesko's arm too just like everyone else. I am not happy about this. I am tired of starting over and over and over.

This front office isn't serious about winning a title. They like playing moneyball and being the smartest guys in the room. It's been 18 years since I became a serious fan.... I'm tired man

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
Ownership quite literally chose money over winning. It's not like the Rays are 30 games back, suffering through a lost season. They're still in contention, yet decided to basically bail on the season to save money.

And how can anyone be excited, or even care, about any prospects brought in? If they manage to work out they'll be traded in a few years as well.

The only way to resolve this is for people to stop attending games. I don't understand the logic of doing so, fans want championships, Stu wants money. Two separate goals. As long as the fans continue to give Stu the only thing he cares about, they'll never get what they care about.

Reactions: Hoek and bigdaddio

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
yes the moves suck but at the same time we also upgraded in alot of positions because of this. Caminero can step in right now for Paredes, Bigge can replace Adam, Morel takes Randy's spot, Springs and Rasmussen will be back shortly, and we are still winning games. I would argue we are better now than we were 72 hours ago not only for this year but for 2-3 years from now

Reactions: Renopucker

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
yes the moves suck but at the same time we also upgraded in alot of positions because of this. Caminero can step in right now for Paredes, Bigge can replace Adam, Morel takes Randy's spot, Springs and Rasmussen will be back shortly, and we are still winning games. I would argue we are better now than we were 72 hours ago not only for this year but for 2-3 years from now
Upgraded for what? To be traded 2 seasons from now? Rinse. Lather. Repeat.

It puts a smile on my face (the optimism) but other fans see it for what it is. $8-a-roll duct tape just to field a "competitive" roster only to see it reapplied when the original wears thin.

100% certainty - Death. Taxes. Player Traded After Jersey Purchase.

The sooner Stu's gone, the better Rays fans can enjoy a more traditionally ran club. And, God almighty, a more consistent roster that has long-term postseason showings.

Reactions: DMB06

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Upgraded for what? To be traded 2 seasons from now? Rinse. Lather. Repeat.

It puts a smile on my face (the optimism) but other fans see it for what it is. $8-a-roll duct tape just to field a "competitive" roster only to see it reapplied when the original wears thin.

100% certainty - Death. Taxes. Player Traded After Jersey Purchase.

The sooner Stu's gone, the better Rays fans can enjoy a more traditionally ran club. And, God almighty, a more consistent roster that has long-term postseason showings.
100% agree once Stu is gone and we have an owner willing to spend even 25m more, we will be alot more competitive and see alot more guys stay longer and we shell out more money, the Rays mantra is buy low and sell high. But as of right now, between call ups and guys coming back from injury, we are roughly the same if not a better team. All while gaining prospects that will benefit from our system and staff and be a vital part in 2 years or so. we can still see some major shake up today before 6pm but overall i have to commend Neander for how much he actually gets back for under performing players in "contract/ARB years".

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Well. At least the stadium saga is officially, officially over. Listening to BA and Dwayne spin gutting our team like it's the best thing ever has me sick right now.

Renopucker

Jan 17, 2019
Reno
I'm not privvy to all the details you guys are, but to have both the city and the county vote to move ahead is pretty unusual isn't it? After all these years...The whole project, including housing and retail is pretty impressive. I'm 2600 miles away, but I'll never stop rooting for Tampa/St. Pete/Clearwater.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL

So far the Sun have drawn their first two games, 1-1 and 0-0. I think their goalie is the MVP at the moment, she's made a lot of big saves. Their stadium looks pretty nice for a renovated high school pitch.

Reactions: Major4Boarding

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1