Confirmed with Link: Bryce Montgomery signs 3 year ELC

QuebeCaniac

Aug 28, 2006
Montreal
Very specific salary, magic number within 3$ to max out the LTIR. Will be sent down before our first game, right? And get his AHL salary from that time on… Anyone understands why they included the 1M$ performance bonus that he will most definitely not obtain?

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
Very specific salary, magic number within 3$ to max out the LTIR. Will be sent down before our first game, right? And get his AHL salary from that time on… Anyone understands why they included the 1M$ performance bonus that he will most definitely not obtain?
He gets the maximum ELC salary of $950k, but the max allowed 10 percent or $95k is paid as signing bonus, so his official base salary is $855k. If that 854something is legit amount, there's probably some $20 type of joke in the play. I won't do the maths, I got a migraine.

The $1M performance bonus is the new $850k, so the maximum allowed individually negotiated ELC Schedule A performance bonus. He's prolly an ok individual negotiator.

Btw I don't think the current numbers on puckpedia are the correct final ones. Might be some of those numbers are placeholders until the actual details clear out. The lack of signing bonus for a rookie in need of money to settle himself down in his team's town is nonsensical.

Also, f*** you Washington Capitals.

Last edited:

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Honestly surprised by this as he never really seemed to have any standout traits?
I haven't caught any of the preseason this year, but I seem to remember him being one of the few guys willing to really throw his weight around in the preseason last year. Could be an intriguing add to the defense in a few years.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Montgomery Ward.

Dundon’s looking for a minority owner.
I remember a Montgomery Ward store in my town as a kid. Went out of business in the late 70s or early 80s IIRC. I also remember my dad complaining at Christmas because Sears, Montgomery Ward, and JC Penny all had thick catalogs and he was a mailman that had to deliver them.

I wondered what happened to Wards and when I googled it, I was surprised to see that it is still operating as an online retailer. It's clearly not the same company the name/trademarks were sold off, but I never knew there was a Montgomery Ward as an online retailer.

Reactions: Chrispy

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
The numbers to this contract really don’t make a lot of sense for a low pick who has a very low chance of making the league. It would be different if he had exploded since the draft and became this highly regarded prospect. Just seems weird

Lempo

Feb 23, 2014
The numbers to this contract really don’t make a lot of sense for a low pick who has a very low chance of making the league. It would be different if he had exploded since the draft and became this highly regarded prospect. Just seems weird
My current theory is that puckpedia is not quite up to speed with their new position as the go-to source for player contracts. Curiously Capwages have the same exact nonsensical numbers, and I'm not at all sure who's copying their intel from whom.

The (base) salary as reported by the Carolina Hurricanes via the article linked on twitter is probably correct, but let's note they don't mention the performance bonuses (reported as "$1M" by PP/CW).

The AHL salary of $55k seems peculiarly low, compared for example to Skyler B, but I have hard time coming up with a scenario where there's some shenanigans with a Games Played bonus to drive it higher. The amount does suggest some give-and-take. OR that Canes PR didn't get the numbers from the team but from PP/CW, but that doesn't seem at all plausible.

Then again, we go Tulsky now doing all kinds of salary stuff even with the star veterans, so.

Lempo

Feb 23, 2014
Did the season btw already officially start so that his contract was technically signed mid-season and the decimals as shown on the cap pages would be pro-rated for the cap calculating purposes? The embedding from Capwages at least does say it's a $2,575M or 3 x 855k contract.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Did the season btw already officially start so that his contract was technically signed mid-season and the decimals as shown on the cap pages would be pro-rated for the cap calculating purposes? The embedding from Capwages at least does say it's a $2,575M or 3 x 855k contract.
with the start of the season being in Europe over the weekend that's a good question, and could explain some f***ery in the numbers.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
The season starts tomorrow. The opening rosters have to be submitted by 5 pm today for tomorrow’s 1st day of cap start

Reactions: Lempo and DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad