Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals X - Mod in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
I’ve pretty much ruled out Ottawa players but man would Duschene look good here. That being said he is a bit of a losing player. My guess is the ask from the in division Sens would just be astronomical.

Reactions: Strafer

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I’ve pretty much ruled out Ottawa players but man would Duschene look good here. That being said he is a bit of a losing player. My guess is the ask from the in division Sens would just be astronomical.

Yes would be difficult to trade with Ottawa however there is a major " hate on" between Toronto and Ottawa perhaps that could work in the bruin's favour.

Duschene, Dzingel, and Stone ... :)

Reactions: veganbruin

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
I think Wayne Simmonds makes a lot of sense for this team right now. He's a middle 6 RW, expiring contract, very tough, net front presence for the #2 PP unit, and I can't see him costing us the farm.
Next guy i make a play for is Matt Duchene. He adds speed, he slots in great as a 2/3C and would carry that line offensively. He's also an expiring contract so he wouldn't be blocking any of the three youngsters if they are ready for a full time role next season or if he loves it here and is a fit, we could lock him up and try and trade Krejci in the summer. Lastly, I bring back Quaider right at the deadline as insurance for the playoffs. If Miller/Carlo/McAvoy go down, we're left with Kampfer and I'd much rather have Adam's warrior style play for a playoff series than Kampfer.

Not sure what Simmonds costs, I'll say Heinen+Kampfer +3rd
Duchene would be a lot, Gryz+Senyshyn
Quaider 5th rounder
I'm most likely wayyyyyyyyy off on the returns but I'll leave it to the experts to critique hahaha

Marshy-Bergy-Pasta
Debrusk-Krejci-Simmonds
Donato-Duchene-Backes
Wagner-Kuraly-Nordstrom
Acciari

Chara-McAvoy
Krug-Carlo
Moore-Miller
Vaak-McQuaid

I'm sorry but none of those trades go through...

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Yes, the line of Krejci, Debrusk, and Reilly Nash. Only Nash available to play.

Everyone knows you hate Rick Nash. He was better than Spooner, the line was better with him on it.

He got hit in the head by that POS Paquette. Sweeney had no way of knowing that would happen. It was a move designed to improve the team heading into the playoffs. Had no issues with it.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Rangers wound up with Strome, Lindgren and K’Andre Miller for 6 weeks of Nash and a 2nd (from Ott to move up to get KAM).

Not sure how that’s remotely not a great haul for them for the return.

As for the Bruins, it was a depth LHD prospect, a first and a player in Spooner they wouldn’t have even rendered so no huge loss there.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Rangers wound up with Strome, Lindgren and K’Andre Miller for 6 weeks of Nash and a 2nd (from Ott to move up to get KAM).

Not sure how that’s remotely not a great haul for them for the return.

As for the Bruins, it was a depth LHD prospect, a first and a player in Spooner they wouldn’t have even rendered so no huge loss there.

I’m still really surprised about Spooner. I thought for sure he would make a good player on another team. I liked him on the Krejci line TBH.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Everyone knows you hate Rick Nash. He was better than Spooner, the line was better with him on it.

He got hit in the head by that POS Paquette. Sweeney had no way of knowing that would happen. It was a move designed to improve the team heading into the playoffs. Had no issues with it.

Otherwise players out there that were not a risk that could have been designed to improve the bruins.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Otherwise players out there that were not a risk that could have been designed to improve the bruins.

I don’t know what this means? Every deal has some element of risk.

If you are saying there were better players available, who were they?

Stastny (injury prone), Kane (had risk), Brassard (meh), Grabner (meh).

Not sure who was available that was so much better than Nash?

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Exactly my stance on this. Schenn is not going to make us a legit contender. I agree with posters that we have some players to spare due to good depth (i.e. Gryz), but giving them away does nothing for us if the incoming player is not the answer.
That's why I didn't like the deal for Nash last year, I never thought he could get us over the hump.

So again, go big or go home. If we're after a player on the Blues, it better be Tarasenko.
Taking this approach you would need Neely and Esposito to get this team over the hump. Throw in John Wensink for good measure.

Seriously there is not a player available that makes them legit contenders but giving up a Heinen/Grizz centered package for a player you have under contract for next year as well, who is physical and can score and play on your second line or center your third line seems pretty smart to me.

Go into the off season with your 3c or second line wing settled and then make a move to acquire the other. Sign Chara to second pair money and don't count on prospects like Sweeny did this year to fill key rolls. Unless they feel confident they can resign Simmonds to a 3 year deal don't make a move for a UFA to be, go after somebody with at least a year left on the contract or someone they can extend before trading for (Michael Ferland).

Huge step to being legitimate contenders is Sweeney ending his fascination with and overvaluing his prospect group.

Reactions: Strafer

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
The problem with Tarasenko (who I originally wanted very badly) is it sounds more and more like his issue this year related to a significant shoulder injury. It sounds like he just isn't able to generate the same power in his shot that used to be one of the most feared in the whole league. He's under-contract for a while after this year so you have to be sure that this is something an off-season can fix or else it could massively blow up in the teams face if he needs more surgery and more time off the ice before being effective again.

Love the player, but the more I read about it the less I want to take a risk like that. Especially since it's important any acquisition makes an impact this season with the core intact.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Heinen is a 4th line W, Vlader is an AHL goalie, maybe a backup, and grizz is a solid bottom pair small D. That ain't getting you a physical guy that put up 70 points last year. I may undervalue Bruins prospect but too many people way overvalue them. Depth wingers and D and minor league goalies dont get second line talent.

I very much agree with most of what you had to say but I think where I differ is my evaluation of Grizz. I think he’s been terrific this year and is a 2nd pairing defenseman in this version of the NHL. Probably wouldn’t have worked out just 10 years ago but his steadiness and transition game are huge for this team. I also think Heinen is ultimately a top 9 guy but I have no problem calling him a 4th liner....that’s more or less what he currently is

That said I still do the trade. Deal from a position of strength to shore up an area of weakness

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I very much agree with most of what you had to say but I think where I differ is my evaluation of Grizz. I think he’s been terrific this year and is a 2nd pairing defenseman in this version of the NHL. Probably wouldn’t have worked out just 10 years ago but his steadiness and transition game are huge for this team. I also think Heinen is ultimately a top 9 guy but I have no problem calling him a 4th liner....that’s more or less what he currently is

That said I still do the trade. Deal from a position of strength to shore up an area of weakness
I like Grizz but you have to give up some value if you want to upgrade. Grizz with his contract and talent and with the Bruins D depth make him the best option unless they choose to move Moore which I can't see.

Reactions: Strafer and CDJ

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
I’m still really surprised about Spooner. I thought for sure he would make a good player on another team. I liked him on the Krejci line TBH.
I kinda wished donny had flipped spooner for ryan strome . Excellent 3c optiom only 25 yrs and has been picking up his play lately . It would have been a cheap effective move . I don't like what I'm hearing that Armstrong is wanting vak or Frederic for schenn. Donny has to find cheaper moves without losing blue chip prospects.

Reactions: veganbruin

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Heinen is a 4th line W, Vlader is an AHL goalie, maybe a backup, and grizz is a solid bottom pair small D. That ain't getting you a physical guy that put up 70 points last year. I may undervalue Bruins prospect but too many people way overvalue them. Depth wingers and D and minor league goalies dont get second line talent.
You pretty much proved your own statement right in one post.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Stone may be the single most underrated player in the league. I hope we do make a push for him, whether it be at the deadline or in the offseason

Better lock him up if they trade for him though because the assets needed to get him would be very real

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
The problem with Tarasenko (who I originally wanted very badly) is it sounds more and more like his issue this year related to a significant shoulder injury. It sounds like he just isn't able to generate the same power in his shot that used to be one of the most feared in the whole league. He's under-contract for a while after this year so you have to be sure that this is something an off-season can fix or else it could massively blow up in the teams face if he needs more surgery and more time off the ice before being effective again.

Love the player, but the more I read about it the less I want to take a risk like that. Especially since it's important any acquisition makes an impact this season with the core intact.
Where did you hear about a shoulder injury?

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Where did you hear about a shoulder injury?

Tarasenko has shoulder surgery, will be evaluated at Blues training camp

I should clarify that it isn't a new injury but related to the end of last season where he dislocated his shoulder and required surgery in the off-season. The issue seemed to be he hasn't been able to regain the same strength in his shoulder that helped him generate such a powerful wrist shot. I'm no shoulder expert so I have no idea how normal this is or how long these things tend to take to heal so it stood out as as a red flag to me. As I said before any major top-six addition should be to compete this year and I just don't know if Tarasenko is going to regain form or not.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad