Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals X - Mod in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
I'm not a Shenn guy unless we get him for peanuts.

If we're moving guys like Grizz,Heinen etc then we should just add more to it and go for a game changer. What does Grizz, Heinen and Vladar get you?

If you're going for it then go for it.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
I'm not a Shenn guy unless we get him for peanuts.

If we're moving guys like Grizz,Heinen etc then we should just add more to it and go for a game changer. What does Grizz, Heinen and Vladar get you?

If you're going for it then go for it.
Schenn, if they are lucky

Reactions: Strafer

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
A 3rd round pick is not expensive for a 45-50 point guy with bonafide playoff experience. He would probably cost a 2nd and a prospect or a late 1st from another contending team
Second and a prospect probably. Not a top 5 but a Zboril, Bjork level, secondary level

Reactions: CDJ

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Schenn isn't Cam Neely
Heinen is a 4th line W, Vlader is an AHL goalie, maybe a backup, and grizz is a solid bottom pair small D. That ain't getting you a physical guy that put up 70 points last year. I may undervalue Bruins prospect but too many people way overvalue them. Depth wingers and D and minor league goalies dont get second line talent.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Schenn isn't Cam Neely

Only Cam Neely was/ is Cam Neely but what's your point? Looch was the closest thing that the Bruins have had to Neely since Neely's time but move on it's 2019 and if they can fill 2 holes, one at a time that's progress.

Last edited:

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
Heinen is a 4th line W, Vlader is an AHL goalie, maybe a backup, and grizz is a solid bottom pair small D. That ain't getting you a physical guy that put up 70 points last year. I may undervalue Bruins prospect but too many people way overvalue them. Depth wingers and D and minor league goalies dont get second line talent.
Heinen is definitely not a 4th line W regardless on how he is playing. Meanwhile Gryz is averaging over 20 minutes a game. That isn't a bottom pairing. As for that guy who put up 70 points last year his average for his career is about 54 points a season so you are making him sound like he is much better than he really is.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
What do the young depth players turn into? Who knows, but I like our guys! 100 point pace! Don't mess with it unless it's a small tweak or a big splash. Shenn doesn't do anything for me.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Thanks . It looks like Donny can sign him for the league minimum . Looks like a no brainer for me. He still has some pop and play well defensively . Also can play wing to David and Jake. We save our assets no 1 st round pick trades or our prospects. Nothing to lose.

Why would he sign for league minimum with us when at the worst he can go to the KHL and still have a career for pretty darn good money.
It's "all about the money."

IF Schenn becomes a Bruin where does he slot? 3C or wing on Krejci’s line?

I think that they plug him in where they need him at the moment but as someone else quoted him, he feels most natural/comfortable at center so there's that.

If St. Louis is going to wait till The TD. That’s when teams over pay. Someone is going to give up a boatload for this guy. Good luck not giving up a first round pick as part of a package.

I think that their management wants to do things asap to save their jobs. Waiting is okay if you're not in a crisis but in their case they're trying to save their season. If they can stay relevent maybe management can survive until the draft when anything is possible.

sean avery?

I remember the old days with a guy like doc Murdoch and how a couple teams tried to make it work with him... things were different in those days... you had a lot of free spirits making news headlines

joe thornton was basically traded because he got the clique together here in boston and didn't play the bruin way. we tried to bring in dave scatchard as a well respected leader to change the culture... and thornton ran him out of town in a month. thornton had the locker room sewn up tight with a few of his friends.

we had to trade/get rid of every single one of these people

its a real thing... you have to look out for locker room chemistry when you are building teams

I honestly wondered what happened with Scatchard etc at that time and why he basically went south and was gone so soon. Hmmmm, it's no wonder they
traded him the way they did. I think that he was made a captain WAY too early in his career. Having the wrong players for "leaders" captain etc can lead a team
up or down so drastically!

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
And Grizz is not Bobby Orr.Bruins need that winger capable of potting goals.You suggest big deal but I doubt that happens.
I really enjoy and appreciate Gryz's game but we are loaded with so many really excellent young defensemen that we can have the luxury of trading a couple to strengthen our weaknesses. This game that others are playing, acting as though we don't appreciate Gryz's game is nonsense. He is going to have a long strong career in the NHL. If not Boston then somewhere else.

Reactions: Blowfish

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
Only Cam Neely was/ is Cam Neely but what's your point? Looch was the closest thing that the Bruins have had to Neely since Neely's time but move on it's 2019 and if they can fill 2 holes, one at a time that's progress.
My point is don't trade a Tarsenko package for a Shenn.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Why would he sign for league minimum with us when at the worst he can go to the KHL and still have a career for pretty darn good money.
It's "all about the money."

I think that they plug him in where they need him at the moment but as someone else quoted him, he feels most natural/comfortable at center so there's that.

I think that their management wants to do things asap to save their jobs. Waiting is okay if you're not in a crisis but in their case they're trying to save their season. If they can stay relevent maybe management can survive until the draft when anything is possible.

I honestly wondered what happened with Scatchard etc at that time and why he basically went south and was gone so soon. Hmmmm, it's no wonder they
traded him the way they did. I think that he was made a captain WAY too early in his career. Having the wrong players for "leaders" captain etc can lead a team
up or down so drastically!

as I remember the 'rumors' he basically came in with isbister… the rumor was isbister was scatchards buddy going way back. the team knew they had a clique in the locker room. raycroft was the team rep during the lockout negotiations. as a goalie he was wound a bit tight to begin with. he was a spokesperson for the players during negotiations and he get quite upset with how things went. boyton was a second member of this clique. don't remember specifics about him at the time but he was surrounded with some negative as his life went on. team wasted no time moving him when they decided to clear the locker room. glen murray was named as part of this group. he had a big ticket contract and was considred a bit of a one trick pony. not sure if they tried to trade him or not. he played most the next 2 seasons complaining about a bad back and then went poof in the night

sergei samsonov was probably the one guy they most wanted to keep. outside of this I never heard much bad about him... but the whole room was a cancer and he had to go too

I never heard anyone say that the scatchard thing directly led into the elimination of the clique. that's a bit of 2 and 2 for me. scatchard had 10 points in his 16 games here and was a big rugged hard hitting defensive forward. on the ice he did nothing wrong

but he had been brought in to be vocal in the locker room. that was what he was all about. he went after joe and joe and his buddies chopped him down

its like how aaron ward was run out of ny when he criticized jagr.

good character 3rd line leaders cant attack the lazy superstar leadership on an nhl team without repercusions.

ultimately joe had other reasons to be unhappy in boston. kpd had butchered him in the media that year. joe in those days was well known for wanting to play at around 80% he was still damn good at 80% but it set a bad rolemodel for the other players. going to san jose and being able to surf made joe happy... and eventually as he aged he became a much better competitor

we traded him the day after he just totally gave up on that defensive zone faceoff and allowed the winning goal to be scored {or is my memory failing me on that?}

it just... got to the point that management knew they had lost the room.

we traded nickles on the dollars moving out our starting goalie... our best dman… our top line... but it wasn't even about what was coming back. we were clearing the culture

and what we got back was pretty good...

we failed on the zhamnov signing but fixed it the next year with Savard {and had krejci/Bergeron on the way}

we opened up the team captaincy along with thorntons cap room for chara

raycroft was flipped for rask… and then we got lucky with Thomas too

would we have ever been able to put together the keys to our cup win if thornton and his buddies had stayed and clogged up the gumworks?

when you do a rebuild... don't build your second floor over a rotten foundation

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
What do the young depth players turn into? Who knows, but I like our guys! 100 point pace! Don't mess with it unless it's a small tweak or a big splash. Shenn doesn't do anything for me.

Exactly my stance on this. Schenn is not going to make us a legit contender. I agree with posters that we have some players to spare due to good depth (i.e. Gryz), but giving them away does nothing for us if the incoming player is not the answer.
That's why I didn't like the deal for Nash last year, I never thought he could get us over the hump.

So again, go big or go home. If we're after a player on the Blues, it better be Tarasenko.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Exactly my stance on this. Schenn is not going to make us a legit contender. I agree with posters that we have some players to spare due to good depth (i.e. Gryz), but giving them away does nothing for us if the incoming player is not the answer.
That's why I didn't like the deal for Nash last year, I never thought he could get us over the hump.

So again, go big or go home. If we're after a player on the Blues, it better be Tarasenko.

In fairness to the Nash deal, what exactly are the pieces doing right now to impact the Rangers?

Spooner - Traded again

Beleskey/Lindgren - Both in the AHL and from all accounts dont seem to be doing well.

1st - was flipped with another pick to move up a few spot and get K'Andre Miller, whose probably 3-5 years from being NHL regular.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
In fairness to the Nash deal, what exactly are the pieces doing right now to impact the Rangers?

Spooner - Traded again

Beleskey/Lindgren - Both in the AHL and from all accounts dont seem to be doing well.

1st - was flipped with another pick to move up a few spot and get K'Andre Miller, whose probably 3-5 years from being NHL regular.

And what did Nash do except be a risky move and the risk became a reality. The other issue was he was older and his career was on the decline add the fact that he was never known as a playoff performer. Agree on the assets it 's the player that was the issue.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
I think Wayne Simmonds makes a lot of sense for this team right now. He's a middle 6 RW, expiring contract, very tough, net front presence for the #2 PP unit, and I can't see him costing us the farm.
Next guy i make a play for is Matt Duchene. He adds speed, he slots in great as a 2/3C and would carry that line offensively. He's also an expiring contract so he wouldn't be blocking any of the three youngsters if they are ready for a full time role next season or if he loves it here and is a fit, we could lock him up and try and trade Krejci in the summer. Lastly, I bring back Quaider right at the deadline as insurance for the playoffs. If Miller/Carlo/McAvoy go down, we're left with Kampfer and I'd much rather have Adam's warrior style play for a playoff series than Kampfer.

Not sure what Simmonds costs, I'll say Heinen+Kampfer +3rd
Duchene would be a lot, Gryz+Senyshyn
Quaider 5th rounder
I'm most likely wayyyyyyyyy off on the returns but I'll leave it to the experts to critique hahaha

Marshy-Bergy-Pasta
Debrusk-Krejci-Simmonds
Donato-Duchene-Backes
Wagner-Kuraly-Nordstrom
Acciari

Chara-McAvoy
Krug-Carlo
Moore-Miller
Vaak-McQuaid

Reactions: Fenian24

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
And what did Nash do except be a risky move and the risk became a reality. The other issue was he was older and his career was on the decline add the fact that he was never known as a playoff performer. Agree on the assets it 's the player that was the issue.

Nash was doing ok. He got that line going as intended and was no slouch defensively. The only problem is when he got his bell rung a few times and then sat out with the concussion issues. It affects players on the ice just as much as off. Look how confident and skilled Backes has been playing as of late, where was this at the start of the season? Why has Marchand been up and down? Both have gotten their bells wrung just before this slumps.

We needed a move to get us over the hump and make us a contender last year, without damaging our roster or pool of promising prospects. Not only did we do that, but we also managed to unload Belesky as well.

No one was under the illusion we were getting prime Rick Nash, just as no one is under the illusion we are getting prime David Backes when we signed him. Does not mean they are useless players not worth adding to a good roster to make it better.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Nash was doing ok. He got that line going as intended and was no slouch defensively. The only problem is when he got his bell rung a few times and then sat out with the concussion issues. It affects players on the ice just as much as off. Look how confident and skilled Backes has been playing as of late, where was this at the start of the season? Why has Marchand been up and down? Both have gotten their bells wrung just before this slumps.

We needed a move to get us over the hump and make us a contender last year, without damaging our roster or pool of promising prospects. Not only did we do that, but we also managed to unload Belesky as well.

No one was under the illusion we were getting prime Rick Nash, just as no one is under the illusion we are getting prime David Backes when we signed him. Does not mean they are useless players not worth adding to a good roster to make it better.

The line was doing just fine with Spooner - Krejci himself confirmed he liked the line before the trade deadline. You say Nash did ok? How so? He had his 3rd or 4th concussion due to the RISK we all knew. Not going to debate this any longer however some of us felt the RISK was not worth it and as it turns out we were right. Thinking there were other options out there. Replace "illusion" with "risk".

The odd thing to me is some folk want him back?

It was nice to see Don "going for it". It was the right time and this year is no different in fact it's the perfect time to go for it however it better be for a speedy young scoring winger.

Last edited:

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
The line was doing just fine with Spooner - Krejci himself confirmed he liked the line before the trade deadline. You say Nash did ok? How so? He had his 3rd or 4th concussion due to the RISK we all knew. Not going to debate this any longer however some of us felt the RISK was not worth it and as it turns out we were right. Thinking there were other options out there. Replace "illusion" with "risk".

The odd thing to me is some folk want him back?

It was nice to see Don "going for it". It was the right time and this year is no different in fact it's the perfect time to go for it however it better be for a speedy young scoring winger.

The line improved wth Nash.

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad