Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals/Rumours '17 - '18 II (post 'em here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
This Bruins team is about both the near term and long term so I would aim high. If you are going to make a deal, make it count.

To Bos:
Fischer
Chychrun

To Ari:
Spooner
Krug
Cehlarik
+1 of our defensive prospects of their choice (McAvoy, Carlo, Grzelcyk are no longer prospects so off limits)

My personal choice is not to make a trade as there are plenty of internal options if there are injuries so it would have to be something really worthwhile like this with long term benefits.

Bjork has to be off limits in any trade. You don't want to be on the wrong side of a Forsberg for Erat deal.

There isn't a snowball's chance in hell Arizona touches that deal. You're asking them to deal two pieces they can build with.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Seems weird to discuss guys like Fischer, Dvorak, and Chychrun. Those guys are young, productive and still have 2-3 years left on their ELC. OEL and and Hjalmarson I can see the motivation.

I do wonder a bit about Max Domi though. Seems to have plateaued. I remember reading a report they moved him to center a while ago. Not sure if it's still a thing. RFA this summer. Wonder what kind of deal he'll be looking for. They seem to have a lot of young forwards who could potentially make him somewhat obsolete. Strome and Merkely not far off. Perlini and Fischer on his heals, or already past him. Not necessarily a Bruins target, but just glancing over that roster, he seems like someone that would make a good trade chip for them.

I know they tried to acquire some veteran support this past summer, but I think that's where teams often go wrong in their rebuild attempts. Throwing a bunch of high picks and kids into the fire and expecting something other train wreck. Sure you can look an the individual success of these guys, but what are they really learning? Are they really advancing? Just weird to see where Domi and Duclair are after being the future just a couple seasons ago.

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
There isn't a snowball's chance in hell Arizona touches that deal. You're asking them to deal two pieces they can build with.
I would not put this past the Arizona Coyotes idiot GM. He traded the 2017 7th overall pick (used on Lian Andersson while Mittlestadt and others still available) for the slow and overpaid Derek Stepan.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014

I think this is what most people expect from the B's team. Gigantic home-run or nothing. Seems that Sweeney is very content to hold onto his guys.

Depends on how you feel about Spooner and his future in Boston. I don't see RFA status as being particularly advantageous for a guy who's likely to be let go regardless.

People can argue Johnson's effectiveness. There's going to be differing views on the subject. But I'm not making the proposition based on anything other than him being a pure rental for the third pair. I like Gryz as much as the next fan, but if you think he's better than Johnson... Well, I just don't know what to tell ya. Love your enthusiasm, but...

They would definitely give Spooner some coin if nothing else, because they can always trade him. He'd get you atleast a mid-round pick right now. Johnson doesn't provide much value for this or next.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
This Bruins team is about both the near term and long term so I would aim high. If you are going to make a deal, make it count.

To Bos:
Fischer
Chychrun

To Ari:
Spooner
Krug
Cehlarik
+1 of our defensive prospects of their choice (McAvoy, Carlo, Grzelcyk are no longer prospects so off limits)

My personal choice is not to make a trade as there are plenty of internal options if there are injuries so it would have to be something really worthwhile like this with long term benefits.

Bjork has to be off limits in any trade. You don't want to be on the wrong side of a Forsberg for Erat deal.

Honestly, I agree with those who say Arizona says NO

But honestly Boston says no as well

this deal helps the 2021 Bruins roster a good bit (potentially, although it is adding more players who will want big raises very soon)

This deal makes the Bruins worse this year.

Fisher might be able to come in and play wing, but of course that gives Boston yet another player with no playoff experience up front,

Right now Krug is just a dramatically better hockey player than Chycrhun. And adding yet another player with limited experience to the backend is certainly not going to help the team win now

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH

To Bos:
Fischer
Chychrun

To Ari:
Spooner
Krug
Cehlarik

I would be willing to add a 2019 #2. But think I'd take Hjalmarsson instead of Chelarik.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
That deal makes no sense. It encompasses everything about this board that is flawed. Too much value on the future and not enough on the present. It hurts a teams future that currently has no present and hurts a teams present to strengthen an already strong looking future. Why does either team do that.

It was stated on the trade board that oel has a bad +/- due to a lack of effort this season, and it was explained away because he’s a vet on a losing team and he’s not motivated.

I’m not particularly keen on paying top dollar on a player who’s effort level is directly impacted by the teams overall success. Especially considering that these posters claiming bad effort are just going off what they see. Maybe his defensive skills have eroded? Maybe he comes to a good team and still can’t be relied on for big minutes. If I’m giving up a 1st plus prospects I want a player I can rely on.

My offer for oel would be
1st
Bjork
Beleskey
Lauzon.

Has no bearing on the current team outside of improving it. Opens up the ability to then trade Krug or mcquaid for help in the top 6 and between lauzon and bjork (lhd, lhf,) 2 positions of strength. I see heinen and debrusk as more effective pros than bjork and zboril and Lindgren more effective pros than lauzon.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I keep coming back to the idea that Krejci's best wingers are already here.

Heinen is 4th on the team in scoring in less than 16 minutes per game. He's on pace for 65 points. Backes has had excellent chemistry with Heinen and is scoring at his best clip since 2014/15. They had a shift together against MTL where Krejci was out between them for about 35 seconds and they looked unbelievably good.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
PC had the courage to go for it by making 3 impactful trades before the deadline in 2011 and it helped bring the Cup to Boston.

I think Sweeney isn't three trades away but perhaps just one. Maybe two.

Their young and it'll be an invaluable experience to go a round or two in the playoffs but Id like to see them bring in an experience top 4 d-man and possibly another top 6 forward. Id even take a chance on Vanek for what he'd cost. I think the reward way out ways the risk.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Reactions: ORR2Sanderson2ORR

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
I keep coming back to the idea that Krejci's best wingers are already here.

Heinen is 4th on the team in scoring in less than 16 minutes per game. He's on pace for 65 points. Backes has had excellent chemistry with Heinen and is scoring at his best clip since 2014/15. They had a shift together against MTL where Krejci was out between them for about 35 seconds and they looked unbelievably good.

I would absolutely love to see this line. We saw it for just a tiny bit in the last game due to a change that had not been completed yet, and they got good pressure on Price. This team doesn't play extremely fast, but they don't have to. Backes is the Horton-esque type big winger that Krejci plays best with and Heinen is very cerebral and thinks the game similar to Krejci. Give me a big time center to put between DeBrusk and Spooner/Bjork/Cehlarik for this season and going forward, and this team becomes extremely scary.

Reactions: PlayMakers

BruinsNetwork

I have seen multiple “reports” that Arizona is asking for two high-end players & a 1st-round pick. Arizona also stated publicly that OEL is not available and they are not going to trade him.

With that being said, OEL would be the type of player I look to acquire if I am Don Sweeney— if he were to become available. That hypothetical ask really doesnt make much sense to me, either, to be honest. Which is one of the reasons why I am not sold on that rumor.

I would assume the Coyotes would be looking for something like one high-end roster player, a high-end prospect & a 1st-round pick(s). The Coyotes wouldn’t allegedly be looking to move OEL in the first place if they felt that roster players were what they needed. A package for high-end futures and a top-4 D would seem more applicable, IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
You know I was just thinking and came across the idea of Jason Spezza. High cap hit at 7.5 but it expires in this 1.5 year window. He could play right wing with Krejci or center his own line of kids on the 3rd line.

Beleskey + Spooner + 1st maybe to get the ball rolling. He’s having somewhat of a down year but is a versatile vet and wouldn’t clog any spots from the younger core.

Spooner replaces him in the dot in Dallas, Beleskey takes over Rousells role in FA and they get a 1st to help retool doesn’t sound all that bad.

Btown

Oct 1, 2011
I’d be pleased to see the Bruins pick up Vanek. I don’t see many other options that fit in our wheelhouse I think he is the top end talent that we could use if someone goes down due to injury. I’m pretty happy with the line up as it is and to have a cheap proven goal scorer waiting for an injury and can slide into a top line role may be the right insurance you need in the playoffs.
He should be cheap and at his age doesn’t need to play every game for the rest of the year taking a roster spot away from our youth movement.
To think we go into the playoffs with Vanek and McQuad as our injury insurance...

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Bruins, thus far, have shown, that they don't care a whole lot about handedness of their wingers. We've seen Bjork, Cehlarik, and Spooner all play the RW.

I don't think that it's that Boston doesn't care, but rather that the dearth of right-handed shots in the organization is forcing some wingers to play on their off-side.

Sam Reinhart (C/RW, right-handed shot) of Buffalo might be someone whom Boston should ask about. He may be a good buy-low candidate. It would probably cost one of the Bruins' LHD prospects, however. (Buffalo needs young LHD.)

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I’d be pleased to see the Bruins pick up Vanek. I don’t see many other options that fit in our wheelhouse I think he is the top end talent that we could use if someone goes down due to injury. I’m pretty happy with the line up as it is and to have a cheap proven goal scorer waiting for an injury and can slide into a top line role may be the right insurance you need in the playoffs.
He should be cheap and at his age doesn’t need to play every game for the rest of the year taking a roster spot away from our youth movement.
To think we go into the playoffs with Vanek and McQuad as our injury insurance...

anytime I see the loser vanek name in a rumor to boston I must take the time and energy to post no... no no no... please dear god no.

on the plus side id have a new name for consideration whenever we post up our most hated bruin players.

don't hate him because he was vicious... just hate him because he sucks whenever the games get important. reminds me a lot of how I felt about Miroslav satan being a bruin. he was one of our leaders when we lost the 4 straight against philly if you remember what a great leader he was for us

no no no

Reactions: frickinbobby

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
I wonder if PC would entertain a RNH for Krejci deal, straight up?
It would allow him to go back to the McDavid/Drai line that was so effective last year and give them a bonified #2 C who has had mad chemistry with Lucic.
We'd save 1.25 on the cap which we could put towards signing Spooner to a 2 year deal, giving us Bergy-RNH-Spooner down the middle which is pretty deep, with Backes being the insurance policy.

Reactions: frickinbobby

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Does Vanek "fit in our wheelhouse"???

Hard pass

Reactions: Flannelman

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
If they go for a cheap rental, Vanek would be ideal. He'd be available for cheap, he's still a good producer and has great hands and awareness around the net which is something the Bruins could use. He's also a right handed winger, which is probably the biggest hole in the lineup. Not to mention that if he was on the Bruins roster he couldn't play against them.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I wonder if PC would entertain a RNH for Krejci deal, straight up?
It would allow him to go back to the McDavid/Drai line that was so effective last year and give them a bonified #2 C who has had mad chemistry with Lucic.
We'd save 1.25 on the cap which we could put towards signing Spooner to a 2 year deal, giving us Bergy-RNH-Spooner down the middle which is pretty deep, with Backes being the insurance policy.

Chiarelli can entertain it all he wants.

I'd put the likely-hood of Krejci waiving his NMC to go to Edmonton at about 0.00001%

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
You know I was just thinking and came across the idea of Jason Spezza. High cap hit at 7.5 but it expires in this 1.5 year window. He could play right wing with Krejci or center his own line of kids on the 3rd line.

Beleskey + Spooner + 1st maybe to get the ball rolling. He’s having somewhat of a down year but is a versatile vet and wouldn’t clog any spots from the younger core.

Spooner replaces him in the dot in Dallas, Beleskey takes over Rousells role in FA and they get a 1st to help retool doesn’t sound all that bad.

Spezza is just about done, on pace for about 30 pts. this year.

As I rental I'd give it some consideration (probably still say no), but with the extra year, no thank you.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
If they go for a cheap rental, Vanek would be ideal. He'd be available for cheap, he's still a good producer and has great hands and awareness around the net which is something the Bruins could use. He's also a right handed winger, which is probably the biggest hole in the lineup. Not to mention that if he was on the Bruins roster he couldn't play against them.

he plays for the Canucks, a team unlikely that the B`s will meet other than during the regular season.

I`ve seen a few Nucks games and I suppose if one is just looking at stats they`d probably think Vanek still has "it" but he doesn`t, he`s still slow and his game, when it counts most, will be exposed

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
While I'm a big fan of Reilly Nash and everything he does I still think the Bruins would be best to look for a 3rd line centre with more of a scoring upside which would slide Nash to 4th line centre. I would love for Sweeney to go after JG Pageau.

He's a very good 200 foot player, 53% at the dot and has more scoring potential than Nash.

Spooner + 3rd (I'd go 2nd if that is the deal breaker)

for

Pageau

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Krejci-Bjork/Cehlarik
Heinen-Pageau-Backes
Kuraly-Nash-Acciari
Schaller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad