Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals/Rumours '17 - '18 II (post 'em here)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
paul martin just went on waviers... but theres a problem with his cap hit. I think he is an upgrade over mcquaid or postma for our 7th dman but we would need to trade mcquaid to have any chance of fitting the cap hit.

I guess id be very surprised if this happens. I think someone will claim martin though. but seeing him on waivers does show us how difficult it is to move a salary

At this point McQuaid is a better player than Paul Martin.

McQuaid would be in the line-up every night on most teams in the league. It's just unfortunate he's on a team in Boston that is one of the deeper clubs at his current position of RD, and has a D-corps playing too well the last two months to mess with it right now.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Postma was still one of the weirder free agent signings in recent memory. I'm glad they seem to have given up on the thought of him or Miller playing their off-side. I actually think the restored balance has been a big part of the defensive turn around.

Martin five years ago would have been great. I already have my concerns with Chara being able to keep the pace 5 on 5 when things ramp up in the playoffs.

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
I was just looking at rosters and a depth piece for depth piece that might work for both would be to send Postma to the Islanders for Seidenberg. They’re hurting for right shot D with Boychuk out. Seids gives us a veteran left shot 7th D. Both guys are free agents at seasons end. Seids makes 500k more than Postma but it’s all prorated now so shouldn’t hinder us from other moves.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Postma was still one of the weirder free agent signings in recent memory. I'm glad they seem to have given up on the thought of him or Miller playing their off-side. I actually think the restored balance has been a big part of the defensive turn around.

Martin five years ago would have been great. I already have my concerns with Chara being able to keep the pace 5 on 5 when things ramp up in the playoffs.

I don’t know. I think the Postma makes sense if you look into it. The Bruins don’t have any RHD in Providence under contract. Zboril, Lauzon, Johansson, and O’Gara are LHD . Is Tommy Cross even on an NHL deal this year or just AHL? He’s a LHD as well. Providence has two RHD and one plays forward more often than not and both are AHL deals.

Postma, as RHD serves his purpose as depth. Bruins two bottom pairing options in mcquid and Miller have had injury history.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I don’t know. I think the Postma makes sense if you look into it. The Bruins don’t have any RHD in Providence under contract. Zboril, Lauzon, Johansson, and O’Gara are LHD . Is Tommy Cross even on an NHL deal this year or just AHL? He’s a LHD as well. Providence has two RHD and one plays forward more often than not and both are AHL deals.

Postma, as RHD serves his purpose as depth. Bruins two bottom pairing options in mcquid and Miller have had injury history.

Exactly.

And Cross is on a NHL two-way deal.

Not to mention Postma was insurance in the slim chance McAvoy really wasn't ready for prime-time coming out of camp. At that point in July, as good as McAvoy was in the playoffs, the sample size was small.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI

But to enter the season with 5 RHD and 2 LHD at the NHL level? It never made sense IMO. It seemed to be based on the notion that K.Miller and Postma could flip flop at will, which I think was dumb premise from the beginning. Luckily it didn't last long.

A left shot D playing his off-side isn't as uncommon either. Some even get so accustomed to playing it, they're better on that side. I know both Lauzon and Zboril have experience on both sides in the Q. Not a clue what they are doing in Providence. If it really was about RHD "depth", I think there are a bunch more ideal ways to fix it.

If the idea was to stash Postma in Providence (like Agostino on a similar NHL deal), I could see it. Veteran partner for one of the rookies, emergency call up in the event a righty goes down. As a 7th D, it never made sense... because you already had 4 RHD on the roster. That was always my opinion.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Coyotes want 2 high end players and a 1st round pick for OEL. Would you guys pull the trigger? If so what would you offer. Can probably talk them down to 1 high end player, a prospect and a 1st.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Let them want. It's their problem.

I want OEL, he can be the top pairing defender next to McAvoy for years to come. He would instantly be the either top pairing or 2nd pairing LHD on the Bruins if traded today and would take over charas role or allow chara to play a reduced role to keep him fresh for the playoffs.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Do the Bruins have a high end roster player to give up? Are we talking a Pastrnak here?

I imagine Marchand, Pasta, bergy, krejci and McAvoy would all be off limits. More or less looking at Debrusk, Heinen, Carlo, Krug, maybe bjork/gryz and for prospects Zboril, senyshyn, JFK, Frederic, Lauzon, Vaak, Studnicka etc.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
What’s his contract like. 2 more years or 1.5 years?

Ya, he has one more year after this season at $5.5, sign chara to another year after this, and use Chara's money the following year to give OEL his next contract. By then whatever LHD we dont trade whether it be Zboril, Lauzon or Vaak should be able to step in to a 2nd pairing role with the team. Vaak might be a little further out than Zboril and Lauzon, but the Bruins will still have a LHD prospect or two waiting in the wings to take a roster spot.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
That really is an overpayment.

Krug has an extra year on the contract, and that is valuable. There just isn't a big enough difference in the value of Krug/OEL, to justify adding Zboril, Senyshyn and a #1

There is a huge difference between Krug and OEL. I love Krug and don't like including him in deals, but I do it if it's an upgrade on him, and OEL is an upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad