Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XXIV

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Thanks for sharing. Would love to see both players make the team. Do they have a good chance?
Pelosi... no

Hendrickson... a chance.

The top 9 for the WJC is all set. You can pretty much make the top 3 lines out of 1st rd picks. Some combo of:

Hagens
Moore
Leonard
Musty
Perreault
Leonard
Eiserman
Whitelaw
Nelson

That leaves the 4th line and extras. USA Hockey does like to reward their own NTDP players, and guys who have played for the team before. That said, there usually are a couple of surprise role players every year. I'd say these guys have an edge on Hendrickson for a 4th line spot, but he could bump one of them.

Stiga
Powell
Ziemer
Fisher

I do think Hendrickson has as good of a shot as anybody else on this summer roster to be one of the extras. But a lot will depend on how everyone does with their seasons and the camp in December.

EDIT: Just to be clear when I say he has just a good of a shot to as anyone else to be an extra, I meant of the guys not named. The top 9 are almost certain barring injuries or if an NHL team doesn't release someone. Of the last 4 named, they all have a better shot of being on the roster than Hendrickson and I'd stay Stiga and Ziemer are locks (Ziemer was the C of the U18 team). But I think Hendrickson has put himself above some of the other longshot invitees like Pelosi, Shaugabay and a few others.

Last edited:

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Why wouldn't some of the other guys from Providence go? Last year you had Beecher, Abate, Curtis Hall,

I would expect to see Kuntar, Farinacci, Mast, Brunet, Harrison,
Harrison probably, I suppose if they need bodies Kuntar and Farinacci will be there

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

The Bruins’ sixth-round pick took a big step geographically closer to Boston to continue his career.

Loke Johansson is moving from his native Stockholm to the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.

Johansson, a 6-foot-3, 195-pound blueliner, who the Bruins selected 186th overall pick in the 2024 draft, will play for the Moncton Wildcats.

Johnson, who played at Bruins development camp shortly after the draft was a first-round pick in the QMJHL draft.

“I hope to play here and develop and one day play in Boston,” Johnson said.

“We’re thrilled to add Loke to the team,” Wildcats coach Gardiner MacDougall said. “He will be a significant addition to our organization. He plays a hardnosed two-way game, has great mobility, and will be hard to play against in all 3 zones. We believe he will have an excellent opportunity to grow his game here in Moncton and in the QMJHL, where I believe he will become a significant difference maker.”

Johnson is a possible participant in 2024 Prospects Challenge in Buffalo, New York from Sept. 13-16. The roster hasn’t been announced yet, but the schedule for the event looks like this:

2024 Prospects Challenge Bruins Game Schedule

Friday, September 13

Boston vs. Pittsburgh, 12 p.m.

Saturday, September 14

Columbus vs. Boston, 3:30 p.m.

Monday, September 16

Boston vs. New Jersey, 10 a.m.

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
Better day 2 for Pelosi. He was very good at the faceoff dot. He made a couple nice defensive plays. He got quite a bit of PK time (including as the lone forward on a 3v4). He had two good scoring chances in the slot (one got blocked though because he waited too long to shoot). He made a couple nice passes to teammates.
Hendrickson seemingly got promoted to the top line (was listed on the 3rd line yesterday; Pelosi was 3C both days). He rewarded the coach with a nice primary assist on a goal :08 into the game. Overall maybe he was half notch below yesterday's play but still made some nice passes. He also used his speed & effort to win a few races to pucks. The thing that stands out is he is always looking to make plays when the puck is on his stick (and most of the time, he makes the right play).
No Kostadinski again today.
The Hendrickson-Pelosi-Powell line was really good today. Pelosi in particular was excellent. He probably had 5 or 6 good scoring chances (all within a few feet of the net) resulting in a goal & assist. He was also good again at the dot, often being sent out there to take important draws (including on the PK). He also made a couple good d-zone interceptions, drew a penalty, and hustled to beat out an icing. This was the type of 200 foot game that should get the coaches' attention.
Hendrickson had a few nice plays and showed good chemistry with his linemates but wasn't as impactful as Pelosi. He also took a not-great high stick penalty in the o-zone.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

Purchased ticketss for Saturday. $10 for a ticket. Can't go wrong with that.

Last edited:

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
The Hendrickson-Pelosi-Powell line was really good today. Pelosi in particular was excellent. He probably had 5 or 6 good scoring chances (all within a few feet of the net) resulting in a goal & assist. He was also good again at the dot, often being sent out there to take important draws (including on the PK). He also made a couple good d-zone interceptions, drew a penalty, and hustled to beat out an icing. This was the type of 200 foot game that should get the coaches' attention.
Hendrickson had a few nice plays and showed good chemistry with his linemates but wasn't as impactful as Pelosi. He also took a not-great high stick penalty in the o-zone.
Finally got a look at Kostadinski in the last two games. He was pretty solid in the first game. I don't remember any real bad plays with or without the puck. He did take a cross-checking penalty when already on the PK but it's one of those shoves you see all game but this one the guy fell into the boards so the ref kinda had to call it. His second game was rougher as he was at least partially responsible for a couple scoring chances (and goals) against. One instance he was way too stiff/flat-footed on a PK zone entry and the forward skated right by him (would've been a tap in goal if not for a great save). Another time he hesitated to step up in the o-zone and a 3-on-1 quickly ensued behind him.

A few observations on his overall play:
-- his skating is definitely below average but it didn't seem problematic in the two games. Maybe it's because he never really had to win a straight sprint to the puck but it was at least passable.
-- his biggest plus for me was his play in front of his own net. He was constantly boxing out and roughing forwards (including Pelosi) up. This is where his size was a noticeable asset.
-- it seems like he knows his limitations with the puck on his stick and doesn't try to do too much. The puck was usually on and off his stick quickly. While he wasn't dropping dimes, he also wasn't putting the puck in harms way..I don't remember any egregious turnovers.
-- not much to report in the o-zone. He had a couple shots but nothing of any real danger. He did a decent job of cycling in the zone as needed, even sinking near the net when appropriate. But I wouldn't expect many points from him in the future.
-- my biggest gripe was how he defends passes/shots. I don't know how to describe it but his technique seems terrible. It's a combination of being slow to get in and out of his crouch + often gliding past the attacker/out of the lane + still having holes even when in position (not getting his leg flush to the ice and being kinda lanky). On top of all that, he often just kinda flails his stick around without it accomplishing much. He got a lot of PK time. When the puck was on the other side and he bodied up a man, he was fine. When the puck was on his side and he had to defend it, he was just kinda there without doing much good. He did have a couple good clears when he got to a loose puck but his technique needs work IMO.

In sum, he's basically what you would expect from a 7th rounder. He has some tools to work with but he has a long way to go before he puts things together. If all goes right, maybe you have yourself another Hal Gill but odds suggest he's more likely a Daniel Bukac.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00