Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XXIV

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
The Hendrickson-Pelosi-Powell line was really good today. Pelosi in particular was excellent. He probably had 5 or 6 good scoring chances (all within a few feet of the net) resulting in a goal & assist. He was also good again at the dot, often being sent out there to take important draws (including on the PK). He also made a couple good d-zone interceptions, drew a penalty, and hustled to beat out an icing. This was the type of 200 foot game that should get the coaches' attention.
Hendrickson had a few nice plays and showed good chemistry with his linemates but wasn't as impactful as Pelosi. He also took a not-great high stick penalty in the o-zone.
Chris Peters has a pretty good summary of Pelosi and Hendrickson from the WJSS: https://www.flohockey.tv/articles/1...showcase-team-usa-player-evaluations-forwards

Overall I thought they both had good tournaments. It's still anyone's guess as to whether either make the final team in December but, at the very least, they showed that they can hang with some of the best players in their peer group. It'll be interesting to see how they acclimate to the NCAA this season.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I`m reaching for one of my 3 puffers just watching this, glad to see the kid busting ass, would the B`s have organized this or the college? Not that it matters, just curious

I would expect for someone there are deeply invested into the Bruins strength and conditioning staff, probably worked with or at least reviewed the plan

Reactions: ODAAT

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Weird, will it be USHL then for him? Might be a better landing spot for him
I assume it’s a mistake - he’s probably there

But Hagens probably jumps into Smith 1C spot

Letourneau could be a 7 point guy who gets to 20 second year and blossoms third

If he is good from the jump yowza

BC is a palace - my wife went there as did several family members, friends, and their kids

I would rather just go eat in their cafe then go out to eat

Training facility is insane

If I was a stud D1 player I’d be all over that place

He’s going to a place that will prepare him

My buddy coached Kreider and said he was super skilled but raw & said BC would mold and prepare him and it did

Hoping same for Letourneau

I’ve heard he’s he’s got brains and will be a good student as well

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010

BC is a palace - my wife went there as did several family members, friends, and their kids

My buddy coached Kreider and said he was super skilled but raw & said BC would mold and prepare him and it did

He is listed as a recruit. I assume that means he has to make the team by being a lot better than anyone else on the roster.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
He is listed as a recruit. I assume that means he has to make the team by being a lot better than anyone else on the roster.

They have him listed as a 25 recruit still. So I don't think they got the memo that he was coming in 2024. Unless we hear something from the Bruins, DL, or BC, then I'll just assume the website has bad info.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
They have him listed as a 25 recruit still. So I don't think they got the memo that he was coming in 2024. Unless we hear something from the Bruins, DL, or BC, then I'll just assume the website has bad info.
It’s probably a lot like any high level roster. You’re sorta like a prospect. They will hold a camp and maybe add some players off the recruit list. I doubt they care about anything other than icing the best possible team. He is still very young and his highest level was prep school. I think it’s like junior c or something. He might not even be ready for the massive skill gap he is walking into this season.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006

I take my three girls to a few BC games each year because my firm has tickets. So much better value than a B's game: free tickets, free parking and you get to watch a bunch of future NHL stars play hockey.

You are right, the campus is a palace. I love seeing my girls, 8. 7 and 5, walking around in their BC sweatshirts. Too bad the sticker price to send them there would be about $1.5 million.

Reactions: Ratty

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
I take my three girls to a few BC games each year because my firm has tickets. So much better value than a B's game: free tickets, free parking and you get to watch a bunch of future NHL stars play hockey.

You are right, the campus is a palace. I love seeing my girls, 8. 7 and 5, walking around in their BC sweatshirts. Too bad the sticker price to send them there would be about $1.5 million.
lol

My youngest daughter graduated from BU and for shits and giggles then went to BC for her masters.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

Well you never know - you strike me as a sharp guy and a lot can happen over 10 years

I love going to games there as well

College and AHL gsmes are a blast ~ laid back atmosphere, kid friendly, high level of entertainment

I brought mine to those way way way before they got to the Bruins, Sox, and especially Patriots ~ the thing I learned on the fly was the swearing, drinking, and disregard for children around them

Pretty pathetic - but AHL & college pretty much nonexistent

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018

Scanned through the blurb twice on a phone browser. Unless it was blocked by an ad I did not see anything on Lysell.

Well it was a breakdown on their draft and free agent acquisitions, followed by a blurb on Dev Camp (which obviously Lysell didn’t attend). There are tons of Bruins prospects not mentioned in that article.

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,632.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Israel vs Italy
    Israel vs Italy
    Wagers: 9
    Staked: $30,669.00