Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XXIII

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
No, they're kind of the exact opposite of the Sabres in every single way.

It's easy to argue though that they have perhaps over spent their draft capital over the years and most of the returns haven't been worth the price they paid. Rick Nash definitely didn't get us any playoff success. We could have also lost in the first round to Florida without paying for Bertuzzi, Orlov and Hathaway. We could probably have done just as well as we did these years spending a little less at the deadlines.

Long term success would be better with a veteran/draft pick mix. Some of these old vets are looking like geriatric has beens at this point as the games get more demanding. A few more pairs of youthful legs are probably what this current team is missing.

It will be an interesting off season.
With the B's team last year, had Donnie stand pat at the deadline, or add a depth D'man, he would have been tarred and feathered. That team so underperformed, and had terrible coaching .
They should have won the cup, or at least gotten there.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
With the B's team last year, had Donnie stand pat at the deadline, or add a depth D'man, he would have been tarred and feathered. That team so underperformed, and had terrible coaching .
They should have won the cup, or at least gotten there.

And they had terrible injuries which crippled them at the wrong time.

Reactions: Mick Riddleton

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
Locmelis is the only B's prospect at the World Championships, correct?
I doubt it but I wonder if Lysell could get an invite if Prov is eliminated tomorrow night.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Is there any plans for him to come to NA? Sorry if I am missing what may be already known
he was asked to come over and join Providence for the playoff run but felt it was better for his development to stay home. Plan is to attend development camp.

Unfortunately the NHL - SHL transfer agreement doesn't allow him to come over until he is 24 and comes with a hefty price tag if they do try and bring him over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad