Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruinsfan1968

Make America United Again! Save our Democracy!
May 6, 2019
thought I read that Myrenberg kid signed an extension until 2025, anyone confirm if that`s correct and does that mean he can`t come over until that contract expires? Thx in advance
Read Dom's latest Prospect report again to confirm it yourself.

Reactions: dangermike

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Dom permitted me to share this with the board for those, like me, who may have missed it, great breakdown for fans like me who need all the help I can get:)

Last edited:

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
1. Lohrei
2. Bussi
3. Lysell
4. Merkulov
5. Duran
6. Pelosi
7. Gasseau
8. Kuntar
9. Farinacci
10. McLaughlin

Graduated Poitras, Lauko and Beecher

Strongly considered but missing the cut Hendrickson, Svedebäck, Toporowski. Jellvik, Dyck and Locmelis

5-9 is fairly close

10 was tough but I fought off the recency bias factor urge and went with total body of work

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
I haven't seen Lohrei play very much at all so take this with a grain of salt, but (based on what I've read) his apparent pedigree is of a skilled offensive d-man with some work to due, over time, in the d-zone. Would John Klingberg be a potential comparison? Would you be happy if he turns out to be like a Klingberg? (Ducks head, slowly backs away from laptop)

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I haven't seen Lohrei play very much at all so take this with a grain of salt, but (based on what I've read) his apparent pedigree is of a skilled offensive d-man with some work to due, over time, in the d-zone. Would John Klingberg be a potential comparison? Would you be happy if he turns out to be like a Klingberg? (Ducks head, slowly backs away from laptop)

I don't think you'll see prime Klingberg stats from him (60+ points). I do think he'll be a better player in his own zone, and he may become a better PP QB than they have had probably since Krug

Reactions: mikelvl

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
1. Lohrei
2. Bussi
3. Lysell
4. Merkulov
5. Duran
6. Pelosi
7. Gasseau
8. Kuntar
9. Farinacci
10. McLaughlin

Graduated Poitras, Lauko and Beecher

Strongly considered but missing the cut Hendrickson, Svedebäck, Toporowski. Jellvik, Dyck and Locmelis

5-9 is fairly close

10 was tough but I fought off the recency bias factor urge and went with total body of work

Wondering what Lysell shows to be that high? Or is it just that he's so young he's given the benefit of the doubt as a first round pick?

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Wondering what Lysell shows to be that high? Or is it just that he's so young he's given the benefit of the doubt as a first round pick?

It's a prospect list, so is it based on talent and ceiling, or likelihood of making the NHL in some capacity down the line? If the former, I can see Lysell as a top 3 prospect based on his skill set (yes, and age).

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston

Blistering speed, excellent overall skating, high work rate, excellent play making ability, great at transitioning the puck into the attacking zone, creative deking etc

Great toolset overall, just needs to combine it all, and work on chemistry with line mates

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
Haven't seen him much, but when I did speed was the only positive I saw.

I’ve watched him a lot in international tournaments and in juniors and he’s got a lot of talent overall.

Skill alone would project him to be a 2nd line winger—but there are questions about the other more cerebral parts of his game.

In the pre season games this year he showed a lot of his warts, but I still think those can be ironed out.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
I thought I was being edgy putting him at 3 when many of my peers still have him 1 or 2
The kid does have tons of skill,speed and talent but it would also seem he's not the toughest mentally and ? a bit immature still, so far this season there's evidence of baby steps towards improvement but he's nowhere near where he was this time last year when he was electric in the O zone

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Blistering speed, excellent overall skating, high work rate, excellent play making ability, great at transitioning the puck into the attacking zone, creative deking etc

Great toolset overall, just needs to combine it all, and work on chemistry with line mates
I worry about consistency and more importantly a willingness to go to the dirty areas and drive the net.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Haven't seen him much, but when I did speed was the only positive I saw.

Wasn’t he the 2nd youngest player in the AHL last year and put up 37 points in 54 games

He’s showed more at this age and at a higher level than any other bruins prospect did at this age not name poitras.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kegs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad