Boston Bruins Bruins Prospects Discussion V - 3 warnings posted - Stay On Subject only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

774EVER

& Now 374EVER
Was at the Ice Dogs / Generals Game. Keyser kept the Generals in it in the first, made some great saves. Tracks the puck well, looked pretty agile in there. Has to play a little bigger, but great reflexes. Studicka was the best player for the Generals by far. He was all around the puck, awesome power, spin move on his goal. Kid looks like a player. Also assisted on the other Generals goal (PP).

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Vaakanainens average icetime up to 23mins per game for playoffs, Saipa should soon be down 3-0 on the series.

I wonder what his plans are for the next season with the AHL possibility.

Reactions: 00BW

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
Dobber has a nice write up on a number of Finnish prospects.

Liiga Update – March 23 2018

"
SaiPa

SaiPa finished the regular season seventh in the league and they managed to beat Pelicans in the Wild Card series, so they moved on to the quarter-finals where they’re facing TPS. The one interesting player on their roster is defenseman Urho Vaakanainen (Bruins). Vaakanainen only had 11 points in 43 games but his average ice time of 21:56 was 13th highest in the entire league and most on his team. Those minutes include a little less than a minute on the power play and over three minutes while being short-handed. Vaakanainen is a defensive defenseman but has some offensive talent and isn’t afraid to join the rush, and he’s a capable power play player as well. Eventually, I could see him becoming a Marc-Édouard Vlasic type player, although probably not quite as good as him. Vaakanainen probably needs another year of development but could make the NHL soon after that.
"

Earlier in the article they talk about Heiskanen and Juolevi so you can read both of those sections to see how Vaakanainen compares.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I looked it up,you are correct, needs 4 years of Juniors or turn 20 by December to play AHL hockey
Its a dumb rule
the 20 year old rule has been bargained in, unless you are 19 and get a waiver from the AHL, but that is extremely rare instances, it's a fair rule to protect the Junior leagues from constantly being turned over in season

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
The CHL doesn't need protecting,that's an old wives tale that somehow that league would fold overnight if 19 and 20 year olds were allowed to turn pro when that might be what's best for those certain players
In Studnicka case he's probably better off staying where he is for another year

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
studicka sounds like a solid prospect. Does he have a chance in camp next year ?

I don't think so, but who am I to say?

You know what's funny, considering I am first and foremost a Bruins fan? Of the 31 fan bases around the NHL, Bruins fans rank 30th in terms of following my OHL work. I have seriously had more questions from Habs fans in the last 24 hours about Hayden Verbeek then I have from Bruins fans since the draft in June.

SO, I am not so sure most fans care what my thoughts are on Studnicka.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia

You know what's funny, considering I am first and foremost a Bruins fan? Of the 31 fan bases around the NHL, Bruins fans rank 30th in terms of following my OHL work. I have seriously had more questions from Habs fans in the last 24 hours about Hayden Verbeek then I have from Bruins fans since the draft in June.

We care about your thoughts on all levels of hockey. I personally make it a point to try and read all your posts on this site. Just added your OHL site to my favorites.

Reactions: old blue

MAINE-IAC

Feb 12, 2003
southern maine
We care about your thoughts on all levels of hockey. I personally make it a point to try and read all your posts on this site. Just added your OHL site to my favorites.
Me too. I don't comment as much as others but I defiantly pay attention to the Guys that follow the draft and development of the younger players

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015

I don’t think it’s so much that fans don’t care what you have to say Dom as it has more to do with the average Bruins fan (myself included) focus more on the big club than anything else.

It’s just the nature of the beast around here, if you read the local papers and most websites there’s zero coverage about the Providence Bruins, decent Bruins coverage, fair coverage for the local college NCAA teams, and the bare minimum about hockey in general

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016

Your writing and coverage is great! Definitely fair to say people here have a ton of respect for your thoughts.

There just isn't a ton going on for the Bruins in the OHL, or much of Canada juniors in general. Feels like most draft picks the past few years have come out of NCAA, Sweden or Finland, especially high end guys. Bruins have what, Studnicka, Keyser & Gabrielle? Bukac maybe? Look at whats going on in the big club or even in Providence, its easy to see focus has drifted away from prospects of the future. Don't even have a first round pick, so interest in prospects for the upcoming draft is low too.

I also think Keyser would get more interest right now if he was a draft pick, and Swayman didn't blow everyone away in a regional market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad