Post-Game Talk: Bruins @ Perds - Save us L'Heureux you're our only hope edition - 10/22/24

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I thought that was one of the good aspects of Parssinen was his ability to use his body and move guys around or did the narative on him suddenly change in the last 2 weeks?
I think when he's doing that it is noticeable. I'm not certain how consistently he is doing that or that he's consistently physical away from the puck. Of course, it's been how long since we've seen him playing enough minutes to be convinced on any aspect of his game?

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I think when he's doing that it is noticeable. I'm not certain how consistently he is doing that or that he's consistently physical away from the puck. Of course, it's been how long since we've seen him playing enough minutes to be convinced on any aspect of his game?
Which is ultimately the problem. They don't want to waive him because someone will take him, but apparently Brunette doesn't want to play him either. Heck ain't no wonder we've had more than one guy want out of town lately.

Reactions: hockey diva

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Jankowski is big but I've never really considered him a gritty or physical type of player though. I actually think the biggest benefit he brings to the other two is just that he is steady and makes the safe play which was really useful as they got used to the NHL. But I would hope we're past that point now and can try and add more offensive flash to that line to take it to the next level. Maybe that isn't Tomasino either but we could try Parsinnen too. Or maybe see what it looks like with Marchessault or Stamkos with that group. Ultimately I think Jankowski is fine in that position but I don't think he's necessary for them to be successful either.
I think he does good along the boards and in front of the net. He might not be an overly physical checker but he does a good as far as the other parts of being physical.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Which is ultimately the problem. They don't want to waive him because someone will take him, but apparently Brunette doesn't want to play him either. Heck ain't no wonder we've had more than one guy want out of town lately.
At a certain point, I think we just have to waive these guys anyway. Parssinen isn't going to be a better player sitting. I think he was really impressive already... 2 years ago. But 2 years later if we can't put him in the lineup, just let him go try his hand somewhere else. There's a chance nobody claims him. But he's probably not going to get better playing more in the AHL either. Just let him go, I say. Same with Tomasino and Fabbro. There's no point in just having them hanging around being useless to us. Might as well move on, and if the staff is going to like L'Heureux or Del Gaizo better or find somebody else they'll actually consider using... let's get on with it then. :banghead:

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
At a certain point, I think we just have to waive these guys anyway. Parssinen isn't going to be a better player sitting. I think he was really impressive already... 2 years ago. But 2 years later if we can't put him in the lineup, just let him go try his hand somewhere else. There's a chance nobody claims him. But he's probably not going to get better playing more in the AHL either. Just let him go, I say. Same with Tomasino and Fabbro. There's no point in just having them hanging around being useless to us. Might as well move on, and if the staff is going to like L'Heureux or Del Gaizo better or find somebody else they'll actually consider using... let's get on with it then. :banghead:
Rip the bandaid off so to speak. Maybe we will get lucky and it wont be Tolvanen part deux.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Rip the bandaid off so to speak. Maybe we will get lucky and it wont be Tolvanen part deux.
At this point, I don't think it even matters if it's Tolvanen part deux... or worse. Losing Tolvanen didn't matter to us either. It's no surprise he's an ok player for Seattle, and it won't be any surprise to any of us here if Parssinen, Tomasino, or Fabbro are decent players elsewhere. But at this point, it makes no difference to us, because a) they aren't going to play here, and b) we've tanked their value and waited so long on them that they have no meaningful trade value either.

So let's just get on with letting L'Heureux, Del Gaizo, and whoever else is next up get their chances to play. Maybe it's Schaefer the way he has started in Milwaukee. Whoever. We need to get better by integrating some younger players into roles to improve our team, and if the ship has sailed on some of them, let's get on to the next ones sooner rather than later. Rip the bandaid off indeed.

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
At this point, I don't think it even matters if it's Tolvanen part deux... or worse. Losing Tolvanen didn't matter to us either. It's no surprise he's an ok player for Seattle, and it won't be any surprise to any of us here if Parssinen, Tomasino, or Fabbro are decent players elsewhere. But at this point, it makes no difference to us, because a) they aren't going to play here, and b) we've tanked their value and waited so long on them that they have no meaningful trade value either.

So let's just get on with letting L'Heureux, Del Gaizo, and whoever else is next up get their chances to play. Maybe it's Schaefer the way he has started in Milwaukee. Whoever. We need to get better by integrating some younger players into roles to improve our team, and if the ship has sailed on some of them, let's get on to the next ones sooner rather than later. Rip the bandaid off indeed.
L’Heureux was a 2021 pick, whereas Pärssinen and Tommer are 2019 picks. So it’s two years from now when ZLH will be hitting the waiver wire at this rate.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia

It is just a troubling trend to watch. We only seem to make room for players if they fit a certain mold. There are a couple prospects such as Wood that i dont see fitting into that group and us being in this spot a couple years down the road again.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN

Or maybe we can jettison tweeners like McCarron, Smith and Jankowski and give time for the young kids to develop. Why draft kids, spend time developing them and never giving them a chance to develop and shine in the NHL but instead, pick up some former 1st round picks from other teams and keep them in the lineup when they're just not very good.

And if the argument is, they fit their roles well, full stop on this nonsense of having to ice a certain type of 4th line. Play your best players. I get having role players. Keep Sissons and one of the three I mentioned above. They aren't producing while kids who have the potential to be better players wallow away in the press box. I was told a rebuild last year. Didn't happen. I was sold on the FA signings, which haven't looked all that impressive to begin with. I wasn't sold on signing Saros long-term, if at all. Yet here we are. Why bring in older winners to mentor kids who are sitting night after night, for guys who aren't good?

We will forever be stuck in the mushy middle until we figure out that the identity of a team doesn't start at the bottom of your roster but at the top.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Or maybe we can jettison tweeners like McCarron, Smith and Jankowski and give time for the young kids to develop. Why draft kids, spend time developing them and never giving them a chance to develop and shine in the NHL but instead, pick up some former 1st round picks from other teams and keep them in the lineup when they're just not very good.

And if the argument is, they fit their roles well, full stop on this nonsense of having to ice a certain type of 4th line. Play your best players. I get having role players. Keep Sissons and one of the three I mentioned above. They aren't producing while kids who have the potential to be better players wallow away in the press box. I was told a rebuild last year. Didn't happen. I was sold on the FA signings, which haven't looked all that impressive to begin with. I wasn't sold on signing Saros long-term, if at all. Yet here we are. Why bring in older winners to mentor kids who are sitting night after night, for guys who aren't good?

We will forever be stuck in the mushy middle until we figure out that the identity of a team doesn't start at the bottom of your roster but at the top.
It's just screaming at the clouds at this point, why bother? I don't think I could be much more apathetic toward this team.

Whether it's play the younger tweeners that used to be prospects or bring up new prospects to turn into tweeners, I don't care, but I'm sick of seeing these lineup decisions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad