Post-Game Talk: Bruins lose to Cats ( again) 4 - 3 )

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
This team ALLEGEDLY was built for it this time around. The size, the alleged attitude and mentality for playing a rough, tough, physical style.

False. Disappointed. A team of Wheelers and Bitzs is not going to be enough unless we play Toronto yet again.

Montgomery needs to clone the Florida coaching strategy and allow the players to be the hammer not the nail.

Frederic was the most invisible Bruin today. Was he warned by the Bruins or the NHL to not repeat game 1? Leaning Bruins management at this point.

Since Claude left the Bruins have taken more pride in turning the other cheek than defending and message sending.
They need to stop with the analytics.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Glorious!
Ya hate to see it :popcorn:

Screenshot_20241014_211038_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Florida hockey is dump and chase without regard. In a frustrating yet good way, for them. Bruins should be mirroring this with the new size roster but fail miserably outside of the Kastelic line.
Monty didn't know what to do with is new toys in the 2023 playoffs, and so far he's lost when it comes how to utilize the players that Sweeney has given him.
IMO these guys are not that bad, there's a disconnect with the coaching, period!

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
This team ALLEGEDLY was built for it this time around. The size, the alleged attitude and mentality for playing a rough, tough, physical style.

False. Disappointed. A team of Wheelers and Bitzs is not going to be enough unless we play Toronto yet again.

Montgomery needs to clone the Florida coaching strategy and allow the players to be the hammer not the nail.

Frederic was the most invisible Bruin today. Was he warned by the Bruins or the NHL to not repeat game 1? Leaning Bruins management at this point.

Since Claude left the Bruins have taken more pride in turning the other cheek than defending and message sending.
I think it comes from the top.

Because NOBODY can understand why Hathaway was a hitting machine prick before coming here. Was neutered the entire time he played here. And now is back to being the same hitting prick he was

Bodit9

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
Well said.

Personally I only ever watch Florida games against Tampa as those tend to get out of hand, the best type of hockey.

Otherwise, irrelevant.

This season was different due to the Bennett and Tkachuk angle made worse with Bennett steamrolling the goalie well after a goal in game 1. The lack of grit and pride was egregious.

It is on the coach at this point, it has to be.

Onto the next game... but if this pattern continues regardless of opponent the entertainment factor will plummet and quickly. The team does not have the offensive talent to win any other way.
I was out on Monty after game 1. Even more out on him now. Boston Teddy Bears.

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
2-2 - .500 I will take it.
They proved being capable of scoring. 15 goals in 4 games is good imo.
But 15 goals given in 4 games is to much ... and IMO to much crease opportunity were given, and to much turnovers ain't good.
They need to clean their play, clean their defensive coverage and protect and manage the puck in a better way

Reactions: Gordoff

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I'd like to see a clean sweep at this point before this continues. I just have bad feeling that these coaches, this "head coach" is not up to par.
I was pretty damn happy with the off season, thought thignorantly) blaming Montgomery but is
he being handcuffed by the boys upstairs? Was Cassidy kept under tight
orders to have them play a certain
at Monty could emulate the Dallas Stars coaching job he did there. I'm wondering though if he just continued what Ken Hitchcock started? Is it management ordering Monty to coach a certain way? Has he got free reign to do as he sees fit?

I mean, I'm blindly (somewhat ignorantly) blaming Montgomery but is he under
orders to play this certain style and not deviate from it?
Cassidy did somewhat the same but he had less "beef" on the bench to
throw at the other team, and as someone mentioned Backes asking for permission to play a more dump & chase style?
Cassidy's teams here looked more in control of their tempers to a certain degree, but once he left here, he
aaaaah
won the Stanley Cup.
So is it Montgomery being out of answers or is it management
making certain play-style demands?
I wonder if Monty is afraid to deviate from the
orders from above for job security because right now, he has
very little IMO.
Confused parents = confused children.
It's the same with any leadership job. If the boss
is confused (and Monty looks confused IMO) than his/her
workers will be confused.
Also, Brad is giving 100% which is Herculian after what his body has been through.
I know it's very early but, guys like Coyle, H. Lindholm, Carlo, and Geekie look too comfortable IMO.

Last edited:

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta

Because NOBODY can understand why Hathaway was a hitting machine prick before coming here. Was neutered the entire time he played here. And now is back to being the same hitting prick he was
Yup!
Thrilled to hear we got him yet he did dick-all here.
We played 3 games vs 2 of our main rivals and I'm waiting for Zadorov to be a physical presence. Nothing.

Ive always liked Tyler Johnson. Hopefully we can squeeze a bit of cash flow to give us another option on the PP and whatever line Coyle can be taken off of.

So does Korpy get the nod for the next game?:huh:

Babajingo

One of their wins was against one of the worse teams in the league.
The other was against a kind of equal team.
2 loses to the Cup Champs.

Puts them just about where most people think they would be. Middle of the road.
Good enough to make playoffs, not good enough to make a run.

I hope they can improve but the true test is in the POs.

Reactions: bergeronsboys

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
The game came down to two costly mistakes by the kids... who were the heroes of Saturday. Such is life as a pro player.

The stars also didn't have good games. They would do well to notice how the 4th line operates and incorporate some of that tried and true " simple hockey " into their games: come with speed, dump the puck, work low to high, get the puck and bodies to the net, etc etc.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020

This is what i'm saying. Sweeney wouldn't keep adding these players if they didn't want to get bigger and tougher but almost all of them look like they have been neutered when they put on a Bruins jersey. How long can that happen before it's on the coach?

Been like this for years but at least Cassidy had the excuse that compared to this years roster, with the exception of Chara and a few others, that was a team of oompa loompas built to win on skill. This team on paper should be taking up the role of a hammer to other teams nails but we're not seeing that.

Reactions: Mione134

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
The game came down to two costly mistakes by the kids... who were the heroes of Saturday. Such is life as a pro player.

The stars also didn't have good games. They would do well to notice how the 4th line operates and incorporate some of that tried and true " simple hockey " into their games: come with speed, dump the puck, work low to high, get the puck and bodies to the net, etc etc.
Came here to say something like this. Lohrei makes a bad decision to pass it back to Lindholm, who was covered (Swayman could have played it better too, but they were both caught off-guard, I think). Poitras loses a board battle, then takes out his own goalie. They'll both be good players, so I'm not worried, but it is what it is. But everyone's blaming the coach for the loss - the same coach who's choosing to play the kids (like everyone wants him to and says they're willing to accept the "growing pains"), and who played them in OT with Pasta to get the last win.

Now, there were other issues and factors at play in this loss, but 2 goals against due to young players being young players, and suddenly everyone's forgotten about accepting the growing pains? Well, these are them. Ouch.

Having said that, it's not just that. The Panthers are champs because the have a good blend of talent and tenacity. The B's have talent, but need to add more tenacity into the mix. Looks who's scoring: the 4th line!

Reactions: JAD and PB37

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad