Post-Game Talk: Bruins lose to Cats ( again) 4 - 3 )

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Florida hockey is dump and chase without regard. In a frustrating yet good way, for them. Bruins should be mirroring this with the new size roster but fail miserably outside of the Kastelic line.
One other thing I noticed is that they attack the puck carrier every time. Two or three times today there were situations where most teams/players would have curled off and changed, but the Panther didn’t and instead attacked and slowed down the rush.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Oh I get the frustration. But Florida gets talked about and raised a lot here even when we're not playing them. That's always a sign to me that a particular team has got into the psyche of a fanbase in an unhealthy way. Obviously the Bruins need to find a way to counter them better, because they're not going away. But there's a bigger picture out there too that I think gets lost sometimes whenever the Panthers come up.
Yeah but that’s because, as Judd Sirott said today, playoffs build rivalries. Which is why we hate the habs and the leafs hate us.

Edit: and the blues. I f***ing hate the blues.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
One thing I notice with Florida is that the puck is hardly on anyone stick for longer than 2-3 seconds.

I feel the bruins hang on far too long and by the time they make a play, it’s fully covered or they’re smothered. Poitras got caught a few times hanging on too long. Pastrnak and Marchand too.

The 4th line plays straight line hard working hockey.
"Hey you f***ers, stop making plays! We got a 3-0 lead keeping it simple and now you want to make plays?!?"

Reactions: BTO

bruins cup

Jun 29, 2024
They lost two games to a team far superior than them and did enough to win just don’t have the finishers
No? Look like we had a finisher last game the same guy that hit crossbar today or this game would've been at least tied. It's game 4 2-2 sky isn't falling

2-2 one crossbar away from at least a point today ease up this is a deep solid team they will be fine

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
No? Look like we had a finisher last game the same guy that hit crossbar today or this game would've been at least tied. It's game 4 2-2 sky isn't falling

2-2 one crossbar away from at least a point today ease up this is a deep solid team they will be fine
Yeah I agree. Florida is just in a different league right now. No Tkachuk and no Barkov, no problem

bruins cup

Jun 29, 2024
Was a problem if we didn't beat ourself you act like they mopped us up. It was a one goal game that easily could have went the other way I don't think Florida is better than Boston at all to be honest

And by the way the bruins are 2-2
Guess who else is 2-2?

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Coyle, Poitras, Geekie and H Lindholm all minus -2 on the day. Freddie with a -3. And all well deserved.

Bruins failed to score on the Power Play. Gave up a shorthanded goal. Allowed a Power Play goal. The difference in the game, special teams.

Can't say any of the defensemen played well. Peeke may have been the best of a sad lot.

Broke up Marchy, Coyle, Geekie in the third. All it did was make all the other lines worse.

It was close, but the Bruins did outshoot and out hit Florida. But it wasn't close in the dumb turnover department.

Best players need to be best players. Bruins best players were mediocre at best.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Too many mental errors right now. Zadorov needs to get his head straight. I think that’s a minor penalty in each game so far.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Just in.

Florida is a good team

Stuck with pee wee stripes again

Matty P. will have growing pains....get used to it.

Sway is in pre-season mode.

Is it me or does Florida get away with lots of crap?

Maybe we lose to them in regular season but beat them in the playoffs?

IMO the Bs have many new players, and it will take time to establish solid lines and chemistry. I am not too worried...yet.

Thirty Seven

Jan 23, 2017
Our defensive zone doesn't look great. The slightest bit of pressure and they're throwing it in awkward spots for others to pick it up or they just flat out turn it over for no reason. You would have thought we had the 1 goal lead at the end with how Lindholm was killing time in our end in the final minute.

Powerplay needs a new voice and plan. Skating to the blue line and panicking isn't very effective.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I love how it’s Marchand and Zacha showing spine. I mean, it’s sad, but I’m glad they’re willing.

Needed Zadorov, Frederic etc to do something in these games. Frederic has been remarkably frustrating against the Panthers over his career.
Brad and Pavel (also Pasta) should not be the team enforcers.

I thought we got some new guys to handle some of this?

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
He is right.

The first line is a nonfactor five on five and was out played yet again.

The second line has no juice with geeky. There’s just not enough talent on that line to beat other teams second lines.

I also thought that was Patra‘s worst game. He looked like he was being pushed off the pock easily and the turnover on the power play was especially bad.
he was bad and spent a lot of time on his backside

I been to the 3 home games and thought Marchand is skating well - better then I thought

Maybe put the perfection-like line back together

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Brad and Pavel (also Pasta) should not be the team enforcers.

I thought we got some new guys to handle some of this?
I didn’t think Florida was looking to start shit - they looked like they were trying to emulate the Kings with constant movement and pressure

The Bruins were squirrelly the Panthers were executing an obvious plan

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Our defensive zone doesn't look great. The slightest bit of pressure and they're throwing it in awkward spots for others to pick it up or they just flat out turn it over for no reason. You would have thought we had the 1 goal lead at the end with how Lindholm was killing time in our end in the final minute.

Powerplay needs a new voice and plan. Skating to the blue line and panicking isn't very effective.

Should also add that the defensemen give up near clean breaks every game due to poor changes. Hard to tell if they don't know when it's safe to change or if guys are daydreaming on the bench.

I was happy to see a couple of different players out there on PP in the 2nd period. Poitras, who turned the puck over, unforce, at the blue line and Coyle who got back in time to grab the puck and then let Reinhart take it away and score. I should be more careful in what I hope for.

Reactions: Thirty Seven

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Not to put too fine of a point on it but our obsession with whether the black and gold teams gets more pucks behind another team than they do behind us isn’t exactly healthy in the first place. But, you know, it’s ours.

Well they call us the Lunatic Fringe for a reason! End of the day, I always say, with rare exceptions, there's no right or wrong way to be a fan. To each their own. Just personally I've no real interest in Florida when they're not playing us, and I think spending any time fretting about them is just giving them more of a win over us than they already have. 'Rent free' may be overused but it does feel apt here.

Of course I want to see the Bruins beat them. But to really mean something it has to be in the playoffs, when it matters. Until then, I see the team win or lose just another regular season game, in this case lose, assess it on its merits and where they can play better, and move on to the next one. That's about the extent of my buy in at this point. But that's just me.

Last edited:
Reactions: BTO

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
Not worried yet, will take some time to build up some chemistry with these new faces. Plus, some growing pains are expected with the younger players

Clean some things up and look forward to the next game

Reactions: Clode and bruins19

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
McAvoy & Hampus L. shouldn't sniff PP minutes. Coaches somehow don't have them ready to initiate. Bruins a day late in and a dollar short in taking charge. PP is great.......................at over passing and/or one timers that miss. No PP structure screams poor coaching. Monty will be good enough to make the playoffs but that's where it ends.
If this doesn't straighten out by Thanksgiving, and they aren't within striking distance of the playoffs Sweeney needs to show Monty the door.
No idea if Gallant would be better but I doubt he worse. Thing is, I read that he doesn't last more than 2 seasons with any team.
It's too bad Mike Sullivan isn't available. He's just the right mix of a guy who seems to give players either a pat on the back or a kick in the pants.

Yeah, behind the f***ing bench!
I absolutely agree on the overpassing. Early in the game they were making hope passes, just throwing it, hoping that someone on the team would get to it, although there was no one near it. Especially on the power play, they tried to pass diagonally through too many legs. Ugh. Winnable game. He was not alone, but Pasta’s second penalty was moronic.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Florida plays with a great dilligent effort, all players give 100% and they do not retaliate like the Bruins.

Pasta loses the puck and get all frustrated and takes a dumb penalty at a real inopportune time. The top 6 are just going through the motions and look like they could care less. The defense resembles swiss cheese with a lot of holes. The team has no answer for a hard forecheck and play giveaway when this happens.

Hopefully they get things turned around soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad