Post-Game Talk: Bruins lose to Cats ( again) 4 - 3 )

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
We're 2-2-0 with the 2 losses coming against the Stanley Cup Champions.

Come talk to me around US Thanksgiving (BTW Happy Thanksgiving, Canada) and I'll have an opinion on line changes and who should play where. Til then, its gonna be a work in progress. For the record, I believe we beat Florida in every regular season game we played against them last year, for whatever that was worth.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I feel like if we had a coach, he would adjust playing time for the guys that were actually playing good and not have us watch Coyle, Geekie and Brazeau struggling for 16 minutes a night. Kind of like how Marchand should not be on the blue line during power plays.
McAvoy & Hampus L. shouldn't sniff PP minutes. Coaches somehow don't have them ready to initiate. Bruins a day late in and a dollar short in taking charge. PP is great.......................at over passing and/or one timers that miss. No PP structure screams poor coaching. Monty will be good enough to make the playoffs but that's where it ends.
If this doesn't straighten out by Thanksgiving, and they aren't within striking distance of the playoffs Sweeney needs to show Monty the door.
No idea if Gallant would be better but I doubt he worse. Thing is, I read that he doesn't last more than 2 seasons with any team.
It's too bad Mike Sullivan isn't available. He's just the right mix of a guy who seems to give players either a pat on the back or a kick in the pants.

He also said on pp couple guys standing around not doing their jobs.
Yeah, behind the f***ing bench!

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023
Call up Viel for Tufte. Even Pederson and Jaffe are amazed nobody pushed back against Greer. A.J. F****** Greer, a human punching bag rag dolled the Bruins. Big and soft is worse than small and soft.

Fire Monty, Fire Sweeney. Bring in real toughness besides Kastelic
They even said “Greer isn’t done fighting today”. Haha, good one. Monty is the new Lady Byng. He stands for more crap than Cassidy did. Monty has the guys to fight back with and yet no response. I’m done with Monty.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I love how it’s Marchand and Zacha showing spine. I mean, it’s sad, but I’m glad they’re willing.

Needed Zadorov, Frederic etc to do something in these games. Frederic has been remarkably frustrating against the Panthers over his career.
Honest question because my grandkids were over today and I couldn't really watch closely, did Geekie play?

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

Come talk to me around US Thanksgiving (BTW Happy Thanksgiving, Canada) and I'll have an opinion on line changes and who should play where. Til then, its gonna be a work in progress. For the record, I believe we beat Florida in every regular season game we played against them last year, for whatever that was worth.
Everyone's quick to point out how meaningless regular season games are but will overreact and freak out over a couple of early ones.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Florida lives rent free in this team's heads, and frankly a good chunk of the fan base's as well. I think it's best we all try to move on from our history with Florida and focus on the future. They're a great team and will be hard to beat and going out there trying to avenge the past is not how you beat them.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010

That Florida lineup they played against today was nowhere even close to their SC lineup. Maurice is miles better then Monty as a coach, today was a prime example.

Reactions: TobanWest

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Bruins totally lost their composure after the Greer no call and didn't find it until they were down 2, and with the way the Panthers defend and Bob in net that's game over. Panthers are very obviously in their heads.

The Geekie top 6 experiment needs to be over, 2nd line just generates nothing with him there. I could've told you that was gonna happen in f***ing July but hopefully Monty goes away from it now that he's seen it for 4 games.

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023
Honest question because my grandkids were over today and I couldn't really watch closely, did Geekie play?
Why Geekie keeps getting regular minutes is beyond me. Put Braz in his spot and sit him for three games. I’ve yet to be impressed with Geekie.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Florida lives rent free in this team's heads, and frankly a good chunk of the fan base's as well. I think it's best we all try to move on from our history with Florida and focus on the future. They're a great team and will be hard to beat and going out there trying to avenge the past is not how you beat them.
Yep, everyone here wants bloodshed, they forget that the guys out there are paid to try and win. It was a close game, they aren't going to ruin their shot trying to chase a guy around who isn't going to answer the bell anyway.

The time to send the message was when they were getting blown out in the first game, now it's time to move on and keep getting better

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
Still very early into the season just glad he juggled the lines a bit cause top 3 lines haven’t done much, most of the top guys success has come from short handed or PP time.

Cleaning up penalties and bad break downs from either terrible passing too simple mistakes like losing your man and even over gambling on a line change before you’re sure it’s in deep.

Reactions: NDiesel

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
This sums up the HF Bruins Board collective psyche, whenever we play Florida. We really should be charging them rent for the amount of space they occupy in our brains....

View attachment 916636
Spot on

giphy.webp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad