Post-Game Talk: Bruins lose but not from lack of effort

Killer Bees

May 26, 2013
Ohio sticks
This team needs a middle dman and a RW. Absolutely no excuses. If Chia wants to make a run (which he really shouldnt bother) those need to be obtained. If he can't get them, forget it.

I don't mean Mezaros or Kassian (i don't give a **** if he scored tonight). They need a reliable scorer and someone to help cover Seids horrid defensive gaffs.
Petey is unemployed if he doesn't make a run so he IS going to bother. The only question is if he actually adds the pieces that make this team a threat, or bargains for **** pieces that set us back even further.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Sick of the not for lack of effort comments. That's exactly why we need a guy who can score and not just shoot it at the pads or directly into the chest. A team full of grinders is what we have. Come playoff ti, E goals are even harder to come by. No scrivens, no lack, hello price.

NeelySpinninBackhand

Feb 10, 2015
The Moon
I think a sports psychologist would not hurt at this point.

The mental aspect is one that is growing and needs addressed.

If you have ever tried to be quiet before, you'll remember the tendency to be twice as loud.

Over thinking can be as bad as under thinking.

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
Wasn't impressed with Spooner, sadly

Same for me. He's fast off the rush with some decent hands, but I don't see anything else. He's defenitely not a possession player, he might create something off the rush with his speed, but when the play is in the zone he's not doing much of anything. I was thinking of a poor man's Briere, but a poor man's Gomez might be a better comparaison?!?

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010

If you have ever tried to be quiet before, you'll remember the tendency to be twice as loud.

Or atleast a psychologist for the fans.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Seidenbergs worst game as a Bruin.

Bergeron was phenomenal, shots were there, but again no finish.

41 shots on goal and 2 against, but not even a point. Sigh.

howaryuh

Mar 28, 2004
Guelph, Ontario
It's like they are waiting for someone to snipe.
When one gets a goal off a good shot, then others follow.
But if no one does, then it's into the chest, into the chest, into the chest.
I don't think one can overestimate the secondary impact of a solid goal scorer would have on this team.

NeelySpinninBackhand

Feb 10, 2015
The Moon
It's like they are waiting for someone to snipe.
When one gets a goal off a good shot, then others follow.
But if no one does, then it's into the chest, into the chest, into the chest.
I don't think one can overestimate the secondary impact of a solid goal scorer would have on this team.

The same way poor shooting in basketball get contagious.

It's a rut for sure. Not Toronto levels, yet, anyhow.

I believe the experienced players can lead them to that 8th place.

It is a playoff round starting in Montreal I worry about. I'd rather they fall to 9th than be humiliated in 4 or 5 games to Montreal.

howaryuh

Mar 28, 2004
Guelph, Ontario
The same way poor shooting in basketball get contagious.

It's a rut for sure. Not Toronto levels, yet, anyhow.

I believe the experienced players can lead them to that 8th place.

It is a playoff round starting in Montreal I worry about. I'd rather they fall to 9th than be humiliated in 4 or 5 games to Montreal.

Not ready to say 'Boston Maple Bruins' just yet!

corpfan1

May 9, 2009
Etobicoke
My takes from this game....

1. Chara is done. He is our worst liability on the ice. We would honestly be better without him. Seidenberg also looks tired - probably because he is being forced into the role of #1 defence man because Chara is done.

That being said... I can "live" with this defence if we can fix #2, #3 and #4 below.

2. We really need to get Rask some rest. We really need a veteral backup who can log 5-7 games in the next month.

3. We need a sniper/goal-scorer. Don't think we can get one, since it is almost impossible with our cap situation and the lack of such players being available at the moment. Therefore, if we can't get one, maybe it is time to fix #1 above for the future.

4. We are really lacking some toughness on the 4th line - I would love a player that can get the energy of the bench and the crowd up with a hit or just general tough play. These are the kinds of guys who are game changers because they play a role of the electricity of the team both on the ice, on the bench and in the dressing room.

ElkabombKid9

May 18, 2007
Boston

I remember Felger asking Cam if the team maybe needed one for when they play Montreal, specifically. Cam said the team has one all the players have access if needed. At the time i found the conversation comical, but i think your right. Maybe some of the guys should take advantage...

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Just got home. Great game by the B's, frustrating outcome to say the least.

Nice to see LadyFan, Gahden Rink Rat, and DKH and kidlet. :)

roll4lines

Apr 24, 2014
CNY
they played hard, stuff happens. it seemed every shot was a rebound coming off of lack, just couldnt stuff them home. this is a game where a skillful lineup finds a way to win, we dont have that lineup right now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad