Bruins doing some creative accounting?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
I will tell you this much - I am not happy that I am being charged $54 a seat for the preseason games that the Bruins are hawking on Groupon for $12 a game.

That's just part of the deal... Pre-season in my opinion should be free for STH but I try to focus on the deal we get in the playoffs. The problem is when they miss the playoffs there is no upside.

The two cup run years I spent almost nothing on playoffs. I was in school in 11 and traveling in 13 so I sold roughly four home games each year and my profit period for almost everything.

On topic mine ashtrays charge saying season tickets so that's strange.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Didn't Kate say that her bill didn't look like Fenway's?

I would be surprised if there wasn't a reasonable explanation.

Got hit with another charge this week, and it's also different from Fenway's.

Fenway, what you posted looked like a text message alert that a charge posted to your account...did it look the same on your actual bill? Because that's definitely weird.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Got hit with another charge this week, and it's also different from Fenway's.

Fenway, what you posted looked like a text message alert that a charge posted to your account...did it look the same on your actual bill? Because that's definitely weird.

Yes - I get a text when something hits my card and now it has posted the same way.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Yes - I get a text when something hits my card and now it has posted the same way.

You should call your rep and ask. They can't be that stupid, there has to be some kind of an explanation.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
That's just part of the deal... Pre-season in my opinion should be free for STH but I try to focus on the deal we get in the playoffs. The problem is when they miss the playoffs there is no upside.

The two cup run years I spent almost nothing on playoffs. I was in school in 11 and traveling in 13 so I sold roughly four home games each year and my profit period for almost everything.

On topic mine ashtrays charge saying season tickets so that's strange.

You must not have Loge seats if you think playoffs are a 'deal'. The Bruins have done wahtever they can to ensure the tickets are no longer a deal and they get everything they can.

Already expensive 95 dollar tickets were 170 for 2nd round and 220 for ECFs off the top of my head. 1st round being a little more and finals being expensive whatever but those were punitive prices fans better have deep pockets and not barely be able to afford their seats like me if they are on the hook for paying 400 bucks for a game 7 with 2 games of a more expensive round to follow if we win along with payment on next years seats looming. That is monopoly money and pricing. Lots of people with good seats declined playoffs last year.

When I made a payment this week it brought me up to my daily limit and another purchase was declined so I had to call my banks customer service. The lady who helped me out was a season ticket holder who had just dropped her seats. I asked where they were and they were virtually same as mine but shoot 1x end. Didn't blame her. Shame she was upset and going to miss having them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad