Post-Game Talk: Bruins beat Panthers 4 - 1.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
dougie's reaction to the matthias goal being "goal of the year"

tumblr_mjapw0ZGS71rxagu2o1_500.gif

slovakfan*

refs were disgusting today...
blackhawks are complaining also today.

sometimes it seems refs want to keep play equal to not let the other team destroy another. because of season tickets on florida which can burn if their team is useless piece of... tank

ok but our effort was also ... almost not existing after 20 minutes. surprise?

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham
Thank god. We could use the points too. I can't keep staring at that stupid logo on top of the Eastern Conference standings

Anyways
which game to watch now: Van-Preds, or LAK-SJS?

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
lol at Pederson "Matthias just outworked Dougie on that goal"

the dude dove on his stomach to poke the puck away and in the process tripped Hamilton.. Other than finding a way to skate faster and beat Matthias to the puck, how exactly was Dougie supposed to play that?

Sucks. Could have been a Tuukka shutout if not for that botch non-call.

Tuukka was mostly sharp though

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Most people who have criticized his play are big fans of LUCIC but you're wearing black and gold coloured glasses if you think he's playing well!

The issue in front of the net has absolutely no bearing on the criticism of his performance, totally agree that wasn't his fault, it's a lot of other things so let's not try and make it about something that nobody has cited.

What are you talking about? I said nothing about anything other than the goal that was taken away. People hating on Looch over that are doing nothing but hating. Don't make more out of a post than what it says.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
This team reminds me of the pre-deadline 2011 team. Getting wins, but don't have 'it'. They need a change up and it's pretty obvious. Nothing drastic, but something's missing.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Brick is right. Making horrible passes in the zone, and out of it. Passes aren't flat, always tumbling. Too far ahead or too far behind recipients. Part of where the turnovers are coming from. Not to mention lack of controlled breakouts. Especially LKH line.

Played terrible, still won.

But they're supposed to toy w/ bottom dwellers like this. Not win undeservedly.

They have to get it together. Especially LKH. If he was going to split them up, I think he would have done it by now. They have to figure it out.

Those waiting for a deal involving Looch. Yeah, keep dreaming.

Jonathan17

Trollface!
Nov 19, 2005
Oakville
I really don't get Julien's strategy of having Chara and Seids and Hamilton and Segs on the point on the PP. :help::help::help:

"OK, let's put two lefties out together and two righties out together at the point...and let's play our rookie d-man with 4 forwards...that is a good plan..."

Just put Hamilton next to Chara on the PP and Seids as the lone d-man with 4 forwards! How is that so hard? I honestly don't know what the plan is there. If he's enamoured with Segs and Hamilton, switch Pevs and Segs on the PP. I am really confused...

slovakfan*

Brick is right. Making horrible passes in the zone, and out of it. Passes aren't flat, always tumbling. Too far ahead or too far behind recipients. Part of where the turnovers are coming from. Not to mention lack of controlled breakouts. Especially LKH line.

Played terrible, still won.

But they're supposed to toy w/ bottom dwellers like this. Not win undeservedly.

They have to get it together. Especially LKH. If he was going to split them up, I think he would have done it by now. They have to figure it out.

Those waiting for a deal involving Looch. Yeah, keep dreaming.

^this
turnover game.

and everything else

Daniel Plainview

Jan 8, 2012
Dracut MA
A little off topic, but how many of you guys get those Cornerstone Mitsubishi commercials when they run the local ones?

I'd buy a car from that girl over Ernie Boch Jr. any time!!!!

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Claude is really starting to lean a lot more on our actual top line now.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Chia needs to give Claude some help..

There is NO way the Bruins can continue rolling out Pandolfo and Caron. No ****ing way.

I don't care if it's through a trade or as simple as calling up Spooner.. something needs to happen.

I agree.

"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"= Insanity

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Agree that this team is lacking and does not look like a powerhouse in the playoffs.
Chia needs to recognize the following:
1) this team lacks a pure goal scorer.::)
2) the third line needs help.:help:
3) we need a top 3 defenseman;)

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011

I wonder if some of this isn't due to no real opportunity to just practice and practice hard.

Boys were off yesterday (and 3 games in 4 days with travel made sense) and today was a game day.

But poor passing and poor execution seem to be things you perfect in a practice.

Ice in Ottawa was just flat out awful so I give them a small pass on the crappy passing but the ice in Pittsburgh was great-ice no excuse for the turnovers.

Actually turnovers are killing the team. Bad turnovers in all parts of the ice.

I think the team needs a change-I think they are complacent. Right now maybe a line mix up or two, but for the long haul, Chia needs to bring in some new blood.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad