GDT: Bronze Medal Game - CAN vs. SWE May 26, 2024

Who wins it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RKBoy

Feb 23, 2024
i understand dissapointment of not getting into the final but this is seriously sad.. i think fans of each country still wants their team to win and get something in the end but players doesnt seem to care, very bad mentality imo.

Reactions: CanadaIsIrrelevant

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
It's so funny because if the situation were reversed.. the Swiss and Czechs would be going like hell right now to win this bronze and people like me would celebrate the Bronze like it was a best on best Gold. I wouldn't have slept last night because I'd be so nervous about the bronze game. No joke.

HabSgt

Go Habs D'OH
Oct 19, 2019
Montreal
It's so funny because if the situation were reversed.. the Swiss and Czechs would be going like hell right now to win this bronze and people like me would celebrate the Bronze like it was a best on best Gold. I wouldn't have slept last night because I'd be so nervous about the bronze game. No joke.
Hey I want Canada to win! But I am also doing laundry & then the dishes...maybe go pick up some stuff from the dep. Gotta shave & shower too y'know...

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Finland used to have a massive desire to win bronze, lately only gold has mattered for us. For Czechs and Swiss it would've been huge chance to win something for their country yup.

Reactions: Czechboy

HabSgt

Go Habs D'OH
Oct 19, 2019
Montreal
Not able to watch this morning. I get a gist of how it’s going by reading this thread though. Sloppy game?
Not really. Both teams are playing well but it kinda seems like they don't have as much heart in it as they would if it was the Gold medal game. Technically proficient hockey but no intensity or emotion.

Finland used to have a massive desire to win bronze, lately only gold has mattered for us. For Czechs and Swiss it would've been huge chance to win something for their country yup.
Definitely some countries with the 'all or nothing' mentality. Canada has been guilty of this for awhile.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Now I know why Finland didn't win gold. We didin't have our Marko "Mörkö" Anttila on the team. Haha not really, he has been very slow lately and he just wouldn't have been able to keep up. :)

I feel like Anttila is my age, so him being slow seems reasonable. Maybe give him an assistant coaching job, just to have that rabbit's foot on the bench?

Reactions: FinPanda

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
I feel like Anttila is my age, so him being slow seems reasonable. Maybe give him an assistant coaching job, just to have that rabbit's foot on the bench?
Anttila worked for Finnish Viaplay during this tournament, he worked in the studio. I think he was pretty good there, was interesting to listen to him. He is still playing in hockey and he has already gotten a contract for next season. Maybe after his career he could do some coaching job.

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Anttila worked for Finnish Viaplay during this tournament, he worked in the studio. I think he was pretty good there, was interesting to listen to him. He is still playing in hockey and he has already gotten a contract for next season. Maybe after his career he could do some coaching job.

As folk heroes go, he's one of my favorites.

Reactions: FinPanda

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad