Value of: Brock Nelson & Kyle Palmieri

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
I'm just curious to start a valuation thread as the NYI season is off to a rocky start (3-3-2, 1 RW in 8, shut out in 3), our only notable signing in Duclair is out a little while, and Roy and Lou seem to be on shaky ground based on signings/call-ups recently.

If the NYI are selling by TDL, Palmieri and Nelson have to go imo. They're on expiring deals and the NYI would be very smart to start a retool in earnest if they're sellers by TDL.

That said, they can go separately, but if a team wants to package for both to put them over the top I look at the Palmieri+Zajac trade from '21 as a comparable. If you recall the return was a first-round pick, a conditional fourth-round pick and prospects AJ Greer and Mason Jobst.

Curious what the valuation of these two players could fetch if packaged together, but discourse on either player separately is encouraged.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
They can get more for Brock. He’ll go for a 1st, prospect and young roster player easily. However, I’m dumping Wahlstrom before Palmieri honestly.

icelander25

Oct 22, 2024
Yea I’d agree that Brock should be had for around the Horvat package but maybe a little lesser prospect. I’d definitely want a nhl player in the package back though that could at least play next year. I think Palmieri would probably go for a 2nd with retention. Idk why anybody’s mentioning Wahlstrom, he probably clears waivers lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad