Value of: Brock Boeser

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
27 yr old
Right Shot RW
G:81 40G 33A 73P

Big body. Can score in bunches. Developed into a decent defensive winger.

In the final year of his deal at 6.65

Reason to trade: Canucks have a ton of players to sign this offseason and not a lot of money to do it. They may look to get value out of Boeser now if they feel like they can't give him the raise he probably deserves next yr.

Offers?

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Does he still want out? I guess the answer will determine whether this thread is necessary or not.

Montreal would be interested depending on the price.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Not going anywhere except Minnesota, and only if he wants to.

Why? He doesn’t have a NTC, if we trade him it will be to the highest bidder.

Regardless of that, we need top 6 forwards, and it makes no sense to trade one away that has proven chemistry with our team and is signed for another year below market value.

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
Until he is medically cleared he can't be traded and think teams be concerned this is not just something minor.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Well, Fiala got Faber(a 2nd rounder that probably had the value of a late 1st at the time), and a 20th oa pick in the draft. Fiala was a year younger than Boeser with no injury history and was coming off an 85 point year.

Boeser has had a 73 point year, albeit with 40 goals. His previous years have been inconsistent and injury riddled, and he has developed a blood clotting issue.

If a contract can be worked out beforehand, then his value is probably the same as Fiala's, at best( I would say a bit worse due to age, injuries, etc.), unless salary is coming back to VAN.

I don't see why VAN would want to trade him. He clearly does well under Tochett. MN has one more year of cap hell, so they can't afford him.

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
Totally logical… trade the players that got you to the playoffs…is VAN rebooting and I didn’t hear about it?
I like Boeser but he just doesn't move well, he's not a play driver and he's inconsistent. It's not the type of guy I'd wanna give him a long term deal to with a raise. My feeling is this would be a great time to sell high on him. I don't think he's gonna score close to 40 again. This was his dream season.

Does he still want out? I guess the answer will determine whether this thread is necessary or not.

Montreal would be interested depending on the price.
No he doesn't want out anymore, however the Canucks might consider it.

What would you offer? I think the Fiala comp someone mentioned was decent. Young NHL ready prospect (Faber) and 20 O/A was the return there. Might not be that high in the end but that ballpark.

Last edited:

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
Well, Fiala got Faber(a 2nd rounder that probably had the value of a late 1st at the time), and a 20th oa pick in the draft. Fiala was a year younger than Boeser with no injury history and was coming off an 85 point year.

Boeser has had a 73 point year, albeit with 40 goals. His previous years have been inconsistent and injury riddled, and he has developed a blood clotting issue.

If a contract can be worked out beforehand, then his value is probably the same as Fiala's, at best( I would say a bit worse due to age, injuries, etc.), unless salary is coming back to VAN.

I don't see why VAN would want to trade him. He clearly does well under Tochett. MN has one more year of cap hell, so they can't afford him.
The only reason would be the injury stuff, the foot speed, none play driving and facing a massive contract extension. Couple that with the OEL buyout hitting hard those yrs, Hughes then needing a reup. And you start to realize they are going to have to carve some money out somewhere. This might be a prudent time to do so.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Other teams: Rental complementary winger with tbd blood clot issue

Canucks: Probably our best player in the playoffs, important to the room, finally showed up this year physically and mentally prepared and it showed in a big way

He isn't moving. If he shows up in great physical condition again next year we'll end up extending him long term.

Faber was worth more than that, he was tracking extremely well and looked like a surefire top 4 at worst.

Reactions: MNRube

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
27 yr old
Right Shot RW
G:81 40G 33A 73P

Big body. Can score in bunches. Developed into a decent defensive winger.

In the final year of his deal at 6.65

Reason to trade: Canucks have a ton of players to sign this offseason and not a lot of money to do it. They may look to get value out of Boeser now if they feel like they can't give him the raise he probably deserves next yr.

Offers?
Cant skate....

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Boeser was one of the only ones who showed up consistently in the playoffs.

Zero chance he gets moved.
Until he didn't show up, at all, due to injury.

Other teams: Rental complementary winger with tbd blood clot issue

Canucks: Probably our best player in the playoffs, important to the room, finally showed up this year physically and mentally prepared and it showed in a big way

He isn't moving. If he shows up in great physical condition again next year we'll end up extending him long term.

Faber was worth more than that, he was tracking extremely well and looked like a surefire top 4 at worst.
Faber was playing very well in the NCAA, but didn't play PP at all, and had nice, but nothing special offensive stats. Like i said in my post, most considered to have the value of a late 1st at the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad