GDT: Broadway vs Raleighwood, game 3 7pm, TNT

ndp

Hurricanes Pessimist
Oct 29, 2015
This is my main issue. These lines stopped working several games ago. Go back to Martinook-Staal-X. Put Drury and Noesen back together on the 4th line. Put skilled players with skilled players in order to actually try to score. Right now the other 3 lines are just biding time until the Aho line comes back out, and occasionally Necas does something that looks cool by himself. In a series of inches (3 1-goal games, 2 in OT), this feels like a very dumb reason to have given away 3 games so far.
100%

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
I'd hate to be Rod with an unsigned contract right now. His once solid leverage is getting very slippery.
Maybe the franchise needs a new voice. When teams fail it’s the players the coach or the gm. Or a combination thereof.

Lavy has done a great job mapping Canes and stopping our attack.

The Jerk Store

Felix Unger Score'em
Jul 2, 2012
Hills to the North
One of the better teams they’ve had in a while being pissed away. Three 30+ goal players, Svech on a 29 goal pace, two 24+ goal guys. The scoring talent is there.

These playoff lines make absolutely 0 sense to me. These aren’t even line combos that were used in the regular season. WTF is going on.

If loosing Jesper fing Fast is throwing that much of a monkey wrench into your lineup there’s some serious issues.
Fast's absence affecting our lineup the way it did is more of a side effect of Jordan's lack of offense.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I’m not happy with coaching either but honestly who else would we go with?
Yea, exactly. The mgmt needs to sit down with Rod and tell him its time to change the system up and be ready to compete for the playoffs. Rod needs to stay though

It’s going to be hard to find guys with one timers who can play our system.

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Canes are still consistently more successful than any other franchise I cheer for. This sucks, but I still choose a team always in the running than not.

That being said, I agree, time to make some changes. We’ve obviously reached our peak with this core. We’ll have plently of time to start reconstructing this team starting in the off season and I sense management felt that too— which is why they went all in on Guentzel while simultaneously signing 100 teenagers.

Reactions: Tryamw

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I’m not happy with coaching either but honestly who else would we go with?

I mean, Berube but they're sticking with Rod.

Which is fine, I guess, but holy hell he needs to do a deep dive this offseason and realize his system isn't winning playoff games, and quite frankly I think is wearing the team in the regular season too.

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
We are not a great play off team. It’s probably better we lost early on.
Please Dallas, Colorado, Canucks and even Oilers save me
Like I said Dundon is liable to do anything let’s remember Rod doesn’t have a contract still…
maybe don’t tinker with success next time. He could have waited for the working line up to fail before killing the offense

Reactions: hockeynjune and ndp

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Fast's absence affecting our lineup the way it did is more of a side effect of Jordan's lack of offense.
Not getting a guy to play top 6 winger and a rhd defensive defender during the deadline was a big flaw in the deadline. JG is acceptable although i hate big rentals. We subtracted a top 6 guy to add one. We needed to replace bunting with someone else. We got Kuzy instead

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Not getting a guy to play top 6 winger and a rhd defensive defender during the deadline was a big flaw in the deadline. JG is acceptable although i hate big rentals. We subtracted a top 6 guy to add one. We needed to replace bunting with someone else. We got Kuzy instead
Kuzy has to be bought out he’s showed no compete at all this round and looks lazy

Reactions: baconandbread

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
I think there's about 16 teams who would shitcan their current guy and hire him this summer. Rod the Bod's performance the last 6 years has been way better than Sheldon Keefe, for instance.
Vegas would do it for sure lol

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
No auestion the franchise takes a step back next year.

Playoffs sure. But no longer a SC contender.

Dunedin and Waddell pissed away the window. We’ll be in mid table purgatory for a while.

Reactions: MyLuckyPuck

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
I think there's about 16 teams who would shitcan their current guy and hire him this summer. Rod the Bod's performance the last 6 years has been way better than Sheldon Keefe, for instance.

It's more about the players IMO, but we've seen plenty of good coaches let go for no other reason than a shake up. Rod has protection from that normal approach though.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Usually staal steps up a bit in the playoffs but woo boy has he been bad in both of these series
He’s been bad but the problem is he’s basically playing the role of a 2c when he should be the 4th line centre at this point in his career. I could live with him being the third line centre if we had a good second line centre but again guys are slotted incorrectly and being asked to play roles they quite frankly aren’t good enough to play it’s been a common issue with this team for years now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad