GDT: Broadway vs Raleighwood, game 3 7pm, TNT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
The biggest coaching decision was the choice not to alternate goalies in the playoffs. It was working for us in the regular season, there was no reason to change it.

The rest can come down to special teams (obviously) and depth. Our stars are actually showing up, but our second wave (so to speak) is struggling, and outside of Noesen, no one in our bottom 6 is around.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Godspeed, props, and condolences to anyone who watches game 4, but it won't be me, I just can't watch us get swept AGAIN. I'll be back if we make it to game 7...MAYBE 6. Fist year we outperformed expectations and finally hit a wall against Boston. Since then it's been the same f***ing bullshit trend and excuses that see us sputtery out in embarrassing fashion. If we're sticking with Rod, then get him a f***ing tactical assistant and some help with making adjustments during games where things clearly aren't working

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
I’m not happy with coaching either but honestly who else would we go with?
All these coaches have flaws, and strong points. Great coaches end up with shit teams and vice-versa. This is a core of good players IMO, but they need to hear different things to get there. Rod has taught them all he could by now. No knock on Rod. He's just at the end of his CAR life.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
PP in series losses

2019: 1 for 14
2020: 2 for 15 (1 SHGA)
2021: 2 for 14
2022: 2 for 18
2023: 2 for 14
2024 (thus far): 0 for 15 (1 SHGA)

7.77% net PP

1000005226.gif

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
The biggest coaching decision was the choice not to alternate goalies in the playoffs. It was working for us in the regular season, there was no reason to change it.

The rest can come down to special teams (obviously) and depth. Our stars are actually showing up, but our second wave (so to speak) is struggling, and outside of Noesen, no one in our bottom 6 is around.
Our only issue has unequivocally been the lack of special teams. The goalie choice isn’t even in the same area code.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Brind'Amour after I asked about Burns' struggles:
"I don't know if I agree with you on that. I though he made, actually, some good rushers and had some good opportunities around the net there floating some in. But I would disagree with you a little bit there." Via Cory Lavalette

Did Rod watch the same game or did he confuse burns with someone else lol

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
The Rangers have a great mix of skill, toughness, balance between forwards and defense, and great goaltending but most of all….chemistry.

We have a mix of good pieces that don’t really mesh well enough together when it matters the most….which is now. We money puck a lot of pieces which makes for great cap management but we see the leaks in the ship here in the playoffs.

We got great deals on our goaltending. Anderson’s rep was that he’s always hurt and not good enough in the playoffs….check. Raanta is great as a backup when he’s healthy but he’s never healthy. Check. Koochie is fun but he’s not fully developed and we don’t really know what his high end is. Great for a backup but he makes some oopsies and you can’t have them in the playoffs - but you can’t let him rot for a few weeks and expect perfection when you finally put him in.

Letting Tro go was fine if we have a replacement. We didn’t, we don’t and it absolutely matters. These lines don’t have shape and that’s playing a huge part as we have three third or fourth line centers and a fresh out of rehab Kuzy. That was never going to cut it.

Their pp has real chemistry and their best players are almost always their best players game in game out.

Svech was a beast tonight. Expecting him to do it by himself the way he does it is an unfair expectation.

We showed heart coming back, or at least Svech willed us to OT. Not all bad but it doesn’t feel like we’re the team that comes back from 3-0. At this point it’s hard to argue against a rep of being a paper tiger. This “era” of the Canes is ending with a whimper. Maybe that’s needed to make the next step?

Drivebytrucker

Jan 8, 2011
first time in a long time

1) We make goalies look good. You can't consistently put it in a goalie's chest and hope to score

2) TDA may be a POS but he cares. The spear was stupid, but he's played admirably this series. His slick pass to Marty was one of the nicest plays all night.

3) The reason we lose is that our top players can't find another gear for the playoffs. Slavin / Burns / Aho / Svech haven't really step up at all. I can see why Burns didn't win a cup in SJ. This is his last big shot and he looks like he could care less

4) You judge a coach by the changes he makes to get an advantage. I've love to see RBA switch it up and stop playing man to man all the time.

5) PLAY NECAS AT CENTRE.

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
This version of the core didn't get it done and it's super frustrating, but the number of free agents this summer is starting to look like a blessing in disguise. There will be plenty of flexibility to rework a core that's in need of a good reset. We might get a bit worse before we get better, but hopefully this leads to the changes the team needs to truly take the next step.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
This

It's worth mentioning that he's 0-7 against coaches he played for the last 2 years. Maybe he's not anywhere near as good as we think he is
He's a great coach for a grit & grind team like our first season under him, he seems to struggle with getting the most out of skill players. The biggest kicker is we don't even go down swinging and fighting in a 6 or 7 game series...with 1 exception in 6 years it's a sweep or game 5

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
The Rangers have a great mix of skill, toughness, balance between forwards and defense, and great goaltending.

We have a mix of good pieces that don’t really mesh well enough together when it matters the most….which is now. We money puck a lot of pieces which makes for great cap management but we see the leaks in the ship here in the playoffs.

We got great deals on our goaltending. Anderson’s rep was that he’s always hurt and not good enough in the playoffs….check. Raanta is great as a backup when he’s healthy but he’s never healthy. Check. Koochie is fun but he’s not fully developed and we don’t really know what his high end is. Great for a backup but he makes some oopsies and you can’t have them in the playoffs - but you can’t let him rot for a few weeks and expect perfection when you finally put him in.

Letting Tro go was fine if we have a replacement. We didn’t, we don’t and it absolutely matters. These lines don’t have shape and that’s playing a huge part as we have three third or fourth line centers and a fresh out of rehab Kuzy. That was never going to cut it.

Their pp has real chemistry and their best players are almost always their best players game in game out.

Svech was a beast tonight. Expecting him to do it by himself the way he does it is an unfair expectation.

We showed heart coming back, or at least Svech willed us to OT. Not all bad but it doesn’t feel like we’re the team that comes back from 3-0. At this point it’s hard to argue against a rep of being a paper tiger. This “era” of the Canes is ending with a whimper. Maybe that’s needed to make the next step?

You never know in the NHL. Washington broke through the year after a very disappointing 2nd round loss to Pittsburgh and an exodus of players with name value (Williams, Alzner, Shattenkirk, Johansson). Florida shook off a sweep to Tampa in 2022 to go to the Finals the next year.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
first time in a long time

1) We make goalies look good. You can't consistently put it in a goalie's chest and hope to score

2) TDA may be a POS but he cares. The spear was stupid, but he's played admirably this series. His slick pass to Marty was one of the nicest plays all night.

3) The reason we lose is that our top players can't find another gear for the playoffs. Slavin / Burns / Aho / Svech haven't really step up at all. I can see why Burns didn't win a cup in SJ. This is his last big shot and he looks like he could care less

4) You judge a coach by the changes he makes to get an advantage. I've love to see RBA switch it up and stop playing man to man all the time.

5) PLAY NECAS AT CENTRE.
What? Svech aho and Guentzel are the only reason the games have been close lol it’s the lack of depth scoring and burns is not a top player anymore

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
There is also a HUGE lack of depth scoring. Pretty sure it's been 0g from lines 1-3.
yea all the depth scoring has dried up.

Far too many conclusions are made during these small sample sizes because of their importance.

Negative pp
Pk stalwarts out and struggling
Depth scoring drying up

All in one series. That can be expected in a 3 game spurt during the regular season. It has in the post season and its an issue.

Any one could have guessed we wouldn’t be a scoring juggernaut or struggled on the pp. no one would have guessed we have what we have seen the last 3 games. And yet we have lost 2 games in OT. It sucks, don’t get me wrong, but this is crazy levels of abnormal, even for us.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Also, I know it’s not going to happen, but I’m hoping against all hope that we see DeAngelo scratched next game. He’s got no interest in playing the game. His singular focus appears to be to “get back” at the Rangers organization and his play follows suit.

Reactions: AD Skinner

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Not getting a guy to play top 6 winger and a rhd defensive defender during the deadline was a big flaw in the deadline. JG is acceptable although i hate big rentals. We subtracted a top 6 guy to add one. We needed to replace bunting with someone else. We got Kuzy instead
DW fail in roster construction.

Reactions: dogbazinho

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad