Bridgeport Islanders Discussion 2024-25:Where's the Farm?

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Eliteprospects hasn't gotten very far here...

View attachment 887189

Interested to see what the Islanders have in Rajaniemi; I'm guessing he spends some of the season in the ECHL.

His size is intriguing. Judging by his numbers in Finland he does not play a punishing style.

Lahti and SaiPa haven't been the traditional beds of developing prospects in Finland through the years (usually relying on the surplus prospects from the larger clubs or older veterans from either the domestic league or outside of Finland to fill their men's team rosters) - but both have made strides in recent years.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Anyone who followed the Railers last year have a take on Riley Piercey?

Was never promoted to Bridgeport and was not re-signed but in the era of Matt Rempe was wondering if a club brings him in for a look.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Anyone who followed the Railers last year have a take on Riley Piercey?

Was never promoted to Bridgeport and was not re-signed but in the era of Matt Rempe was wondering if a club brings him in for a look.

I'm assuming Piercey will be right back in Worcester next season. He took baby steps in his first pro season. And at least according to Eliteprospects, there's very little in the way of official roster moves thus far.

Curius thought - where do you get the Rempe-vibes from?

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Interested to see what the Islanders have in Rajaniemi; I'm guessing he spends some of the season in the ECHL.

His size is intriguing. Judging by his numbers in Finland he does not play a punishing style.

Lahti and SaiPa haven't been the traditional beds of developing prospects in Finland through the years (usually relying on the surplus prospects from the larger clubs or older veterans from either the domestic league or outside of Finland to fill their men's team rosters) - but both have made strides in recent years.

True to form, rare is the drafted prospect who isn't at least brought over to the organization for a look-see.

He seemed like a very decent pick in his draft year and even followed that with a nice DY+1. He's been playing pro for years now but hasn't appeared to take any measurable steps forward.

At this point, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he's a part timer for BPort or even finds himself logging minutes for Worcester.

Interestingly, he played on the same team as the lesser-known NYI-drafted Finnish Dman, Aleksi Malinen, who I've always seen as a top-flight skater. He's set for a regular shift in Liiga action next year.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
I'm assuming Piercey will be right back in Worcester next season. He took baby steps in his first pro season. And at least according to Eliteprospects, there's very little in the way of official roster moves thus far.

Curius thought - where do you get the Rempe-vibes from?

Scorer for Flint, size and PMs with the Railers. Probably a reach.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Cholowski has been signed.

Thought he'd walk and look for something in Europe.

But huge for BPort's powerplay in light of the rest of the blueline committee.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad