RyJo Contract Possibly Terminated - Cap Space?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Joey's agent has already announced his intent to file a grievance. Can't imagine the NHL agrees to the termination and gives us the cap space before any hearing or settlement.

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
maybe-mayyybbee.gif

Philly's case seems fairly flimsy on the surface though. I wouldn't go spending that capspace yet

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Joey helped get us to as close of a championship as we have ever gotten.

Potential lazyness aside: he was an absolute beast in the playoffs until injury. I dont think he is necessarily a bum as i think years of leg/hip injuries have taken a huge toll on him. I do think the handling of his latest injury does raise questions though and id gladly take the extra capspace. Not sure how this ends up or how long with the appeal process. Might clear then if appealed successfully a cap penalty applied later so might need to just keave the space open but should be cleared up by the deadline which could possibly be a big help.

Reactions: LCPreds and olli

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
RyJo claimed a bad hip after he cleared waivers to the A. But, honestly, going to be an uphill battle for Flyers to show he wasn't hurt/injured. Ryan Callahan didn't have any surgery when he ended his career with TB IIRC. Not sure what Phi would have done to prove he was healthy? Take a physical, do an MRI, another test? Video of him doing something that would imply his hip is fine?

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
RyJo claimed a bad hip after he cleared waivers to the A. But, honestly, going to be an uphill battle for Flyers to show he wasn't hurt/injured. Ryan Callahan didn't have any surgery when he ended his career with TB IIRC. Not sure what Phi would have done to prove he was healthy? Take a physical, do an MRI, another test? Video of him doing something that would imply his hip is fine?
RyJo's agent said he has surgery scheduled. Could possibly show that this has been purposely slowwalked to avoid buyout/playing but outside of that idk. It has been 5 months since the trade and the issue not addressed yet.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
RyJo's agent said he has surgery scheduled. Could possibly show that this has been purposely slowwalked to avoid buyout/playing but outside of that idk. It has been 5 months since the trade and the issue not addressed yet.
Any player can almost use the "try rehab first", then resort to surgery if that doesn't work explanation.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Not sure why you feel the name calling. Joey is a good guy and his career may be over. Show a little class.
He signed a deal paying him $8 million a year and basically put in zero effort. Figured he had payday who cares. We traded Jones for him and extended him and he didn’t show up. Maybe he could show some class lol. As a fan if I think a player is a bum I can say that. It’s not classless so chill out. You all have Suter but why? Because he signed signed somewhere else? Puhlease
I’d rather that than have to pay a bum and waste cap space

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
He signed a deal paying him $8 million a year and basically put in zero effort. Figured he had payday who cares. We traded Jones for him and extended him and he didn’t show up. Maybe he could show some class lol. As a fan if I think a player is a bum I can say that. It’s not classless so chill out. You all have Suter but why? Because he signed signed somewhere else? Puhlease
You do you man. It is classless. Not sure why or how Suter even got into this conversation. Good day!!

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
In hindsight, he probably played all of those years with increasing levels of injuries, which started in the 2017 playoffs. Sure maybe he didn't do what he should and it all helped in that but there was no doubt when we moved him he was physically done. Like him or not but he did give his body for this organization.

The fact you don't understand the Suter situation and think its just because he didn't sign here is another feather in your hat of having silly hot takes. Lets talk about Liane some more shall we?

Reactions: LCPreds

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
If we do get the extra Cap space, it will be a bit sad that Trotz jumped the gun to pay off Pittsburgh to take Glass. Not that I have any real hope for Glass anymore... he's kind of like a poor man's Johansen... but still, giving away 2 draft picks if it turns out we didn't need to will be unfortunate.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
If we do get the extra Cap space, it will be a bit sad that Trotz jumped the gun to pay off Pittsburgh to take Glass. Not that I have any real hope for Glass anymore... he's kind of like a poor man's Johansen... but still, giving away 2 draft picks if it turns out we didn't need to will be unfortunate.
Honestly, it was worth it to watch Glass clap back at someone on Twitter.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
My first thought as well. Idk what his path in Pittsburgh looks like, but this might be good for him. He seems like a good guy, so I'm glad if he succeeds, but a little bitter if we traded him for nothing :laugh:

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
I'm still of the opinion that trading Glass is addition by substraction. Pärssinen's way better player than him but somehow in our organization, Glass was ahead of him in the depth chart...

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I'm still of the opinion that trading Glass is addition by substraction. Pärssinen's way better player than him but somehow in our organization, Glass was ahead of him in the depth chart...
Yeah the only downside to moving Glass in my opinion was having to add the picks as a sweetener. But we have such a full prospect pool and plenty of picks in the upcoming draft that I don't even think that is a huge deal.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
You do you man. It is classless. Not sure why or how Suter even got into this conversation. Good day!!
It is not classless at all lol. You don’t know the meaning clearly. As a fan you can cheer and boo whoever you’d like bud. You look classless trying to call me classless 😂😂😂
Anyways I don’t want to argue. Johansen is a lazy player that gives minimal effort once he got paid except for one playoffs. Whoopdee.
No wonder nobody wants him on their team since we had to buy him out from his first like player contract that played like a middle 6 player. The dude had over 70 points with Columbus then never repeated that for us once because he got paid for 8 years. He’s a bum.

If he was that much better he would’ve found his way on to the roster last year.
Glass is a bum too 😂😂😂

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
FWIW Parsinnen did get more games than Glass last season and both put up pretty uninspiring numbers.
One is alot cheaper though. I think Pärssinen has the better board game as well. Glass was more of a top 6 or bust while Pärssinen could probably fit in the bottom 6 in a defensive role or Sissons replacement down the road.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad